View Poll Results: Do you support CA releasing more regions for NTW in DLC. (A global map possibly.)

Voters
743. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I support this please do so immediately CA!

692 93.14%
  • CA's time should be spent on FOTS.

51 6.86%
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

Default Re: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

This is exactly the kind of thing I'd like to see added to NTW.

The only real mark against that game was the small scale of the campaign, despite the very global scale of the conflict, especially if France were to emerge victorious in the continent. Nappy had dreams of riding elephants, after all.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Default Re: Petition/Movement for a DLC with a Expanded (possibly global) for NTW-

Why won't CA release the pre-order and Elite Regiment units as a DLC yet? It's been more than a year since the game was released.

I don't understand why they didn't give Napoleon Total War a full world map to begin with. The Napoleanic Wars were a global conflict anyway especially since the whole reason Napoleon invaded Egypt during the reign of the Directory was to interfere with British trade in India. Arthur Wellesley (the man who twice defeated Napoleon) fought and conquered much of southern India during this time (look up the Battle of Assaye if you want to see an impressive victory).

How do i get the picture & link of this thread to have it in my signature? and yes i totally support this idea.

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Its been 2 weeks since I last came to this thread, and it already has got 70 more votes

By the way, I tried to get an announcement of this movement onto the Total War Centre's front page, but they said no

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Polydamas View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't give Napoleon Total War a full world map to begin with. The Napoleanic Wars were a global conflict anyway especially since the whole reason Napoleon invaded Egypt during the reign of the Directory was to interfere with British trade in India. Arthur Wellesley (the man who twice defeated Napoleon) fought and conquered much of southern India during this time (look up the Battle of Assaye if you want to see an impressive victory).
    I suppose because they wanted a more detailed European map and used specific campaigns for Egypt, or for Spain.
    I don't really regret this decision. I know Total War are about "What if", but this period is less about global conflict than ETW. But they could have increased the size of the map to include Egypt in the Grand Campaign.
    I suppose they decided not to do it because it starts in 1805, but that's not very supportive of the modding community.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I suppose because they wanted a more detailed European map and used specific campaigns for Egypt, or for Spain.
    I don't really regret this decision. I know Total War are about "What if", but this period is less about global conflict than ETW. But they could have increased the size of the map to include Egypt in the Grand Campaign.
    I suppose they decided not to do it because it starts in 1805, but that's not very supportive of the modding community.
    Any more global than this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...Do_de_la_Plata

http://historyhoydens.blogspot.com/2...-in-india.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Dutch_Java_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argenti...f_Independence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812

http://latinamericanhistory.about.co...lecampaign.htm

The world is not our neighborhood.
    Last edited by [N]Fullin; December 18, 2011 at 02:54 AM.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Its been 2 weeks since I last came to this thread, and it already has got 70 more votes

By the way, I tried to get an announcement of this movement onto the Total War Centre's front page, but they said no
    FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS LIKE THESE

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

.And the avatar picture is brutal..

Archimonday's Avatar Senator

/signed Original Petition. I really wish there other parts of the world were involved in NTW, theres so much diversity that could be added to the overall way in which things play out if regions like South America, North America, Africa, India, Indies, and Asia were added.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the Total War games go back to 2 Dimensional maps, that are more detailed and offer more options for diplomacy and trade. AI could also be improved because there would be far more computing power for it.

Patrician Artifex

I created a post on the official NTW forum (http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...leon-Total-War) with a link here to get more support.

And my post was edited "Petition are not allowed on this board". Seems they love to get feedback from their fans there.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Oh well... Rules are rules. If you can, link the petition in your sig there.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Patrician Artifex

I created another "dicussion" thread on the same topic without calling it a petition.
    Since they ahve a "would you like to see pre order units released as a DLC thread", they cannot close my thread and keep the other one.

I created a post on the official NTW forum (http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...leon-Total-War) with a link here to get more support.

And my post was edited "Petition are not allowed on this board". Seems they love to get feedback from their fans there.
    That forum is only for "yes men" and CA groupies.
    They catalogue critisism as hate.

If you dont praise CA every 2 post they ban you, and the Moderators are all grandchildren of Gestapo officers.

Sorry to be awfully pessimistic.

But
    How many times will you knock on an empty house door?

Our knuckles are bleeding m8.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by [N]Fullin View Post
    That forum is only for "yes men" and CA groupies.
    They catalogue critisism as hate.

If you dont praise CA every 2 post they ban you, and the Moderators are all grandchildren of Gestapo officers.

Sorry to be awfully pessimistic.

But
    How many times will you knock on an empty house door?

Our knuckles are bleeding m8.
    Your gestapo comment is extremely unfair on CA employees. They may well have an axe to grind but to equate them to gestapo is just not correct!

Bring out Napoleon's "beautiful daughters" & we will blow their doors down
    Last edited by Prince of Essling; December 23, 2011 at 05:36 AM.
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

I'd love this, how do I vote?

I absolutely support this Petition!

About your Map Proposal, i would like to see the Complete Sweden and Norway like in the ETW Map aswell.

But as allready said before, i think all this is just a Dream, like the complete ETW game.

r3deed's Avatar Semisalis

you might add few areas to middle east.

Patrician Artifex

Why?

r3deed's Avatar Semisalis

Why?
    Europe colonized the middle east. such map contributes a lot to the great war mod. also France and Britain had interest in it. Arab revolution mod fits such map setting.

France had most of north Africa plus Syria while Britain ruled Sudan and Egypt plus Iraq and Yemen.

middle east has it is own flavour. you could recruit some of the units similar to the one in the mamluak and Ottoman army.