Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Tôl Acharn 1.2.4 released 12th Aug 2013 - unleash the mighty Dúnedain Counter-Invasions for TATW 3.2

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: DCI - Dúnedain Counter-Invasions: unleash the mighty Tôl Acharn - v1.0 is out

WTF?! Pink smiley?!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI - Dúnedain Counter-Invasions: unleash the mighty Tôl Acharn - v1.0 is out

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    I just came by to tell you this...

ING AMAZING!!! I am just loving to play TA with this incredible mod!!

Congrats!!
    Thanks Kindjal83, you have no idea what that means to us to hear that. Thank you very much for your reflection and review of the work

(the pink guy is the sites censoring hehe but we get your point )

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

p00pwater's Avatar Libertus

hey, will this work with your uncle imrahil minimod?

Hmm, no, some files are the same so not by default; but I can make a compatible version, no sweat. It's the Gondor-tree minimod your using or some other version (+Dwarves or +Dwarves and Eriador)?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

i'm using them all, but i'd like to add this too. you have some good mods, and i really appreciate them. i gues i would be more helpful, but i've been way too swamped with work these days, otherwise i'd try myself. but yeah, that'd be sweet.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Will this be part of MOS? Untill MOS is done I play with Baron's mod collection and as this is non-compatible it is a bummer to be me. But if it becomes part of or compatible with MOS it is a feast to be me...

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I'll let you field that MOS question, Ngugi, as you're on the team. In general this submod is only compatible with other submods that don't change religions. Where "not compatible" here means "can't work together", not just "clashing common files". Well, maybe not "can't" but definitely "likely won't". MOS would need to be investigated on this.

I know- including that our Swedish Ninja Ferrabbit is on both teams, is why I ask him.

It was more a note to Ngugi than a response to you. The internals of MOS will need to be looked into before an answer can be given.

EDIT: I should clarify: by "with other submods that don't change religions" I don't mean changes to the starting religions (Ngugi would know to look for that), I mean any script that is switching religions mid-campaign. Baron's does it. I don't know if MOS does.
    Last edited by Withwnar; April 06, 2012 at 04:41 AM.

Ah, of course.

And true that, it does, and I suspect MOS will as well. But we shall see...

The/our intention from the beginning has been to after a while be quite free of sharing this work. MOS has been offered it and is interested so yes, it will be part of MOS [if tech. possible].
    Though I would guess it will take a while, as its good if it remains a unmerged mod for a time; so that we may work out any potential kinks and while we make up our future development plans for it...

Thanks for the heads up on religion switchers With', will look through it once the 3.1-version is out

Edit: I doubt MOS has any such religion issues though
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 06, 2012 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by p00pwater View Post
    i'm using them all, but i'd like to add this too. you have some good mods, and i really appreciate them. i gues i would be more helpful, but i've been way too swamped with work these days, otherwise i'd try myself. but yeah, that'd be sweet.
    You may now go to the thread and download the DCI-adapted version for the family trees minimod Contains all 3 family trees. It do not contain the Imrahil patch though. Enjoy
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post11106895
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 06, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    I doubt MOS has any such religion issues though
    I would be a bit surprised if it did. But you never know: it could be there but not obvious. e.g. I almost used it the other day to add some temporary religious unrest to a settlement.

Anyway, it is easy enough to find: set_religion.

Cool thing, I will when I can

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Congratulations on v1.0. I'll hopefully be able to supply extra acharn units for v1.1 now that my new pc is here
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Sorry to be off the grid guys,but I've had a very busy week at work. Anyhow,just came by to tell you that I've played campaigns with both Arnor/Eriador and Gondor with 140+ turns and no CTD's. And also an HE (Noldor) campaign about 90 turns and everything is working perfectly!! As I've said it befor, this has been a FANTASTIC mod, and besides the "Acharn" itsekf, the fact that you must also travel with your Journeyman gives this an "RPG" sort of feeling! The little insights of the Journeyman's discoveries, the fact that he sees that looking to the past and not working for the future is wrong... Elendil's oath of protecting all that is good... Just an awsome mod!! Wished that this could be in vanilla TATW, or at ver least in MOS or Baron Samedi's... Or (wishful thinking) maybe in DAC?!

Again, thank you for all your hard work in putting forth this AMAZING mod!

Congrats!

Thanks Kindjal83, we do not mind if it take you a week or a month, 'cause thats's the kind of information we need the most; the players raw experiences of campaigns!

Thanks Kindjal83. It is good to hear that all is well in th no-CTD department. And great to hear what aspects of it you like. A post such as that means a lot. +rep

I would be interested to know how the AI behaved in your campaigns. Did Gondor/Arnor and the Northmen factions join Acharns much?

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Yes,they did! As long that you are allied with the northman factions,they almost always will join the Acharn. Has for Gondor/Arnor, being Dúnedain,they where the only ones who constantly join the Acharns when called...

Good, good!

Those minion nice Northmen do their duty ^^