Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Tôl Acharn 1.2.4 released 12th Aug 2013 - unleash the mighty Dúnedain Counter-Invasions for TATW 3.2

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Dúnedain Jihad submod - WIP for 3.1: beta coming this week

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mars View Post
    Will it be compatible with Baron's compilation?
    The beta and the first release will be vanilla only. If I remember rightly Baron's compilation has some religion switching going on, so that would need to be looked into to see if that and this submod would break each other.

Quote Originally Posted by proximusj View Post
    I could work on a script merger to make this compatible with any 3.1 mod compilation. If you guys give me permission first of course.
    That would be great proximusj. This would be an interesting one to try it out on as it changes some vanilla text entries and also reorders some things (specifically: descr_regions entries). It also updates some TGA files (icon changes) and adds some sounds.

Sounds. Merging sounds is a laborious process. If your merger could manage that then it would be worth its weight on gold even if it did nothing else. Oh wait... it weighs nothing.

Excellent!!

This will be really interesting. I think all things that you mentioned but sounds could work with a merger.

Sounds, I know little about it. I guess the problem would be that sounds require an hexadecimal parser to extract the mod sounds, which is actually out of my programming skills.

Edit:
    Never mind that, I just got an idea of how to do this using Vercingetorix idx extractor.
    Last edited by proximusj; February 17, 2012 at 01:10 AM.

The extractor, yes, that is the way to do it I think.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Well, as making a mod is heck of a work and merging with other mods is another heck of a work then such solutions will be most appriciated - perhaps more by the players than even us haha
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes this should definatly be introduced into a Future Third Age Patch like Corsair Invasions, One Ring and the Palantiri have.

If the players like it and the great Kong so whishes, though I doubt it really fits the TATW vision, but who knows?

The beta is about done, only one last script-edit and it will be uploaded within 12-24 hours
    The OP will also be updated on content, usage and whats left to be added to the v1.0. Hope you'll all enjoy!
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 17, 2012 at 07:13 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: Dúnedain Jihad submod - Beta is released

And we're game! The beta is yours friends

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Congratz friend
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Good one Ngugi.

It would be great to get some feedback on this.

If I may add a few points, to the would-be testers...

• It is fully operational. Still to come are few more mercenaries, a strat map model for the loremaster and a couple of graphics adjustments.
    • The timings of the journeyman/loremasters still need tweaking, including how long between arriving and being Acharn-calling-enabled. At the moment some of the events are happening in the same turn: these will be spread out a little.
    • The "mechanics" manual contains more info than is necessary to know. It wasn't written as a public manual so it is a bit cluttered with technical details at the moment.

Yeah, didn't dear to cut stuff out when I looked at it, was so pedagogic and inclusive! We'll make a shorter one soon or till the v.1

Added "+ whats to come" to next version to "Beta content short", should had done that directly, good call! Now we indeed hope for some reaction and suggestion ^^

awesome, nice to see the release lads +rep
    Well ngugi got it but then i ran out

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

An explanation what a Jihad is has been added in the OP for those who never really played M2 [I'm one of them to be honest, knew it well from M1 though hehe]

A few dozen persons so far has downloaded the beta. Least some ought to have tested it and do have accounts in the forum - we are most appriciating to all feedback we can get. High as low, from lenght of texts to mercs to how you used the Tôl Acharn against the enemies of the Dúnedain!

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Ah, I'd like to give feedback, but I've not much gaming time lately and most of it goes into Skyrim. I do have taken a look at the scripts though. Looks all very nice

The "How To Use" section of the OP has been updated. Simplified somewhat, removing some of the internal workings info and now written in terms of "Acharns" and "Dunedain" rather than "Jihads" and "islam".

Update:
    Hello friends, just some news

- New in-game screen shots has been added to the OP. Feel free to sneak peak

- version 1.0 is due to be released sunday 1st April [which is not a 1st April joke ]

Hope you'll enjoy
    regards the crew
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Default Re: Dúnedain Jihad submod - Beta out; v1.0 planned till sunday

Beware, beware, the Dúnedain comes...

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool! This is a great feature!

Nice pics there Ngugi.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Dúnedain and jihād in the same sentence just sounds soooooo wrong. But as the meaning of "jihād" is "struggle", "strive", "give all you have", etc., it is somehow fitting.

I look forward to it, I always loved the High Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Dúnedain and jihād in the same sentence just sounds soooooo wrong. But as the meaning of "jihād" is "struggle", "strive", "give all you have", etc., it is somehow fitting.

I look forward to it, I always loved the High Men.
    Haha, we know, actually been some debate weither to use it or not due to the cultural/religious meaning - but its a in-game technical feature of M2 that has been suggested and requested for some years now, so we went along with it.
    Just to find out that many never even played the vanilla game not getting what we're talking about But then we were on the move already ^^ We'll have a look at it though.

Its a nice addition; once you had it you miss it when playing other versions