Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Tôl Acharn 1.2.4 released 12th Aug 2013 - unleash the mighty Dúnedain Counter-Invasions for TATW 3.2

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Dúnedain Jihad submod - now for all Men of the West: WIP for 3.1

All of these mercs are available to any army that is on jihad, northmen included.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    All of these mercs are available to any army that is on jihad, northmen included.
    Why yes, I had figured that much from the description

What I mean is being able to recruit volunteers/mercs in the northman lands aswell. For instance, if I come as Arnor/Eriador on my way to help an besieged Gondor, and I pass by Rohan, I could be able to pick up a few stray rohirrims/volunteers who wish to help. Same for Dale. Like in the vanilla me2tw crusades, I could have a general and a few units embark on a crusade, picking up recruits as I went towards the Holy Lands. That was what I had in mind.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Ngugi can answer that better than I then. I'm not really sure where they are all based.

But we wouldn't want to use up too many slots on jihad-only units. They add a nice bit of flavour but I'm sure that most people would rather it didn't use up slots that could be used for 'real' units.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post
    Awesome! So it'll be a United Colours of Men, recruitable from everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zoran View Post
    What I mean is being able to recruit volunteers/mercs in the northman lands aswell. For instance, if I come as Arnor/Eriador on my way to help an besieged Gondor, and I pass by Rohan, I could be able to pick up a few stray rohirrims/volunteers who wish to help. Same for Dale. Like in the vanilla me2tw crusades, I could have a general and a few units embark on a crusade, picking up recruits as I went towards the Holy Lands. That was what I had in mind.
    Our intention was, to begin with, a pure Dúnedain retaliation against the threat of Sauron. Later on, thanks to TNZ's input and Withwnar, we became able to let allied Northmen to join the Acharn. As they can't call it they are still considered a 'boon of help' - but this is not the Northmens cause.
    It is the cause of Dúnedain still and it is those men who volunteer, leaving home to reclaim Elendils heritage. Northmen will follow their leaders to aid their kin and fulfill oaths of alliance, as in history they have done before, but its no public rising for such a cause. This will make it different from M2's catolic crusades for example, where catholics in Europe gather in large numbers due to the will of the Pope.
    So the mercs are restricted to be found in parts of Eriador and Gondor (incl. Ithilien). Possibly we will alter this after the beta-version based upon peoples experiences, but then mostly if concerning balance
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Furthermore the idea was not to create a better, and hopefully not even an equal, counter-measure to the Invasions of Sauron. Saurons Invasions should remain the great dread of this War.
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 05, 2012 at 09:16 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Our intention was, to begin with, a pure Dúnedain retaliation against the threat of Sauron. Later on, thanks to TNZ's input and Withwnar, we became able to let allied Northmen to join the Acharn. As they can't call it they are still considered a 'boon of help' - but this is not the Northmens cause.
    It is the cause of Dúnedain still and it is those men who volunteer, leaving home to reclaim Elendils heritage. Northmen will follow their leaders to aid their kin and fulfill oaths of alliance, as in history they have done before, but its no public rising for such a cause. This will make it different from M2's catolic crusades for example, where catholics in Europe gather in large numbers due to the will of the Pope.
    So the mercs are restricted to be found in parts of Eriador and Gondor (incl. Ithilien). Possibly we will alter this after the beta-version based upon peoples experiences, but then mostly if concerning balance
    Excellent answer. I understand your viewpoint better now, and it does indeed sound more plausible. Now will you get the damn thing working and added to the MOS-release already!?
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

It sounds a lot like the Edain and the Eldar in the Eldar Days.....
    Aure entuluva!

Quite true, haven't thought of that even if Húrin is an inspiration. Hope it ends better than Nirnaeth Arnoediad then

Unless you voted for the other guy.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quite true, haven't thought of that even if Húrin is an inspiration. Hope it ends better than Nirnaeth Arnoediad then

You mean the republica- err, The Dark Lord I mean?

Yeah, Republica de Menace. But by some reason I've always suspected the Dark Lord-elections are rigged.

Yeah, Republica de Menace. But by some reason I've always suspected the Dark Lord-elections are rigged.
    In Morgoth Dark Realm, president votes for YOU!

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Narn i chin Hurin....
    Sad story.
    Aure entuluva!

Default Re: Dúnedain Jihad submod - WIP for 3.1: beta coming week 7

Hi friends! Just announcing that we intend to have our beta out this week
    It will be close to the full 1.0 version but we hope any feedback will help us tweak and alter what we missed or haven't been able to experience (as full campaigns take its time and only Withwnar and me been testplayers as yet hehe).

Every campaign started has the option to decline the jihad feature (as well as early Invasions and Arnor reforged from the start), enable you to play normal, unaltered TATW campaigns for those who want to -as well as ones with the mighty oath of Tôl Acharn

See ya round!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dúnedain Jihad submod - WIP for 3.1: beta coming week 7

Nice work fellas +rep, and I see I gave you your second red fleur de lis
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Default Re: Dúnedain Jihad submod - WIP for 3.1: beta coming this week

Great job, can't wait to play with this feature! +rep

Thanks everybody, make us happy

nice really could use this.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Will install the beta and test it whenever you need. Tôl Acharn!!

Wow this looks like a cool mod! Will it be compatible with Baron's compilation?

Indeed this will be really cool!

I could work on a script merger to make this compatible with any 3.1 mod compilation. If you guys give me permission first of course.