Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Tôl Acharn 1.2.4 released 12th Aug 2013 - unleash the mighty Dúnedain Counter-Invasions for TATW 3.2

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Dúnedain Jihad submod - Teaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Smoesvilles altered version of your suggestion would fit my lorish mind better (oh, what a surprised, eh?) . Perhaps culture-dependent AoR or even merc's, whom, as in discussed example, when Dúnedain-culture drops under a certain level would make them impossible to recrute... Interesting idea
    But, atm we're deep into make these basics work hehe, and to make them work good, before any such side-step development would be brought up.
    On the other hand, its an interesting idea and if anybody else reads this getting inspired I at least wouldnt mind see them make a version
    That would be what i was getting at. It would be strange if another faction could get all the troops of their allies. At most i would suggest the militia level troops maybe the next level? So for taking over Gondorian settlements would mean you would get the militia archers, swords and maybe the heavier spearmen. Another nice addition could be the condition that you cannot be at war with Gondor in order to recruit the units Wouldn't be hard to do.

Another idea would be an increase in unrest if you do go to war with them
    Last edited by smoesville; December 02, 2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Available for Future MOS Versions ? I Hope so really great work Ngugi + Rep

As for Arnor they can only summon a Jihad once Eriador turns to Arnor ?
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; December 02, 2011 at 03:56 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Oli the Great View Post
    Available for Future MOS Versions ? I Hope so really great work Ngugi + Rep

As for Arnor they can only summon a Jihad once Eriador turns to Arnor ?
    As long as it won't interfere with or rule our anything else MOS consider important the answer is certainly, and glaldy no such obsticles has yet turned up

Yes indeed! Turning into Arnor bring the player, and AI, the ability to invoke an Acharn and haste armies to distant lands ^^ Eriador has culture Northmen and thus can't use jihad.
    We're currently doing some beta tests to check the AI's behaviour. Overall it is rather lousy at initiate jihads [we're looking for factors to change that] but non the less it join the player when he wants to rally the Dúnedain and reclaim some land rightfully theirs
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 02, 2011 at 05:26 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

As long as it won't interfere with or rule our anything else MOS consider important the answer is certainly, and glaldy no such obsticles has yet turned up

Yes indeed! Turning into Arnor bring the player, and AI, the ability to invoke an Acharn and haste armies to distant lands ^^ Eriador has culture Northmen and thus can't use jihad.
    We're currently doing some beta tests to check the AI's behaviour. Overall it is rather lousy at initiate jihads [we're looking for factors to change that] but non the less it join the player when he wants to rally the Dúnedain and reclaim some land rightfully theirs
    NICE

Wow! I'm looking forward to this, the idea is fascinating
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

@ Rora'
    We certainly hope it will improve the campaign game experience, prime goal to help Gondor stand firm and to bring Arnor into the fight even more

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Here's the images for the symbols. You just have to drop them in the right folders in data/ui Let me know what they look like in-game (screenshots if you can ) because i haven't seen it myself. Also if there's any i missed let me know and i can fix it

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    Here's the images for the symbols. You just have to drop them in the right folders in data/ui Let me know what they look like in-game (screenshots if you can ) because i haven't seen it myself. Also if there's any i missed let me know and i can fix it
    It looks great!
    Thank you very much especially the stars that are hard due to color and size are stunning; some screenshots are added to the OP

It looks great!
    Thank you very much especially the stars that are hard due to color and size are stunning; some screenshots are added to the OP
    I ended up drawing the smallest symbols again pixel by pixel, when i shrank the normal ones to size the anti-aliasing photoshop did made them look really fuzzy They look really nice in game I'll probably incorporate this mod into mine when it's done with your permission it also would be cool to be able to jihad from the start as the rangers of the north, i can envision an army of them flying down to Gondor to help their kin the added advantage would be more men available immediately (some special jihad related ranger unit) and a free upkeep army

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

The image in the OP is breaking the TOS... You better change it before getting a warning.

Agree they do
    Concure this and your would work well together (especially as jihad units upkeep is drained, looking at their economy as we've discussed before). Won't mind help out with some editing when that day comes

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    The image in the OP is breaking the TOS... You better change it before getting a warning.
    Ah, thats true. Handled.
    Thanks for the head up, LL

Here's an updated version of the Arnor (Northmen) sharedpage_01.tga, the star was an older version that i forgot to update In truth it's only the central 9 pixels that are different but it does look better (it's already on the Gondor one ).

Oooh, updates, swell

And here's another It's the banner for the jihad Just stick it in data/banners, i knew there was one i forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    And here's another It's the banner for the jihad Just stick it in data/banners, i knew there was one i forgot.
    Didnt expect you too fix that one so wow, thanks a lot

Here's the proper file
    Last edited by smoesville; December 04, 2011 at 03:38 PM.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

this looks very promissing... however i have some questions (as always really)...

as i understand this jihad can be called only on certain settlements, without any importance about who currently hods the settlement in question, correct?

while this does make sense when settlement is held by evil faction it doesn't have any sense when it is held by an ally of arnor or gondor. what i mean, i i play as HE and take a settlement hey can call jihad on, will they declare war on me and try to take it? in the Sauron's invasion script all the factions there share same culture and it is scripted so that sauron can't declare invasion on a faction that isn't thrown out from mordor league (correct me if i'm wrong). so what will be the safety in this case? how will you enable or disable the jihad from waging wars among allied factions...

this is a problem especially since eriador/arnor are allied to HE from the start and Gondor isn't... i'm really eager to hear what concept you have with that aspect of this jihad...

btw it really looks great, i'm going to play it for sure...

We like that, as qood questions makes up well considered mods ^^

Its not quite that rigid I'm afraid/glad (depending on). We can make certain settlements more likely as targets, due to descr_regions and at the same time create a kind of order of priority.

Now as this is matter of importance, to make it as sure as possible that these jihads dont 'run amok' we make use of this, chosing settlements both lorewise correct and ingame mainly struggle for either Gondor/Arnor or evil factions.
    In the case of both crusades and jihads they cant be called on factions of similair religion - in case with crusades unless there's an excommunication, thats correct.
    Currently we are looking into the possibility to limit or exclude parameters making other targets than catholic ones least highly unlikely. At best even prevent it. Any such progress has so far been zero though, as it has not been focus nr 1 yet and no other seems to been trying to do this AFAIK, to draw experience from; will be a field for experimentation
    Also there's a matter of defining if the AI attack factions this way unless at war or having very bad relationship; or chosing a neutral faction as target prior to a target in enemy hands, ignoring the descr_regions proposed priority order if that list do put a neutral target before one in enemy hands. I have at least noted that it is not bound by descr_regions when issuing Acharns.

Thats atm the best answer I can provide, hope to sort out and to end up with some better ones soon enough

In vanilla at least the jihad tended not to declare against neutral or allied factions afaik. It tended to be 1 faction declares against a faction and the others join in war, so long as one of the two Dunedain factions is at war with a faction it could lead to an acharn(it feels somehow wrong to keep calling it a jihad )
    Last edited by smoesville; January 03, 2012 at 05:24 AM.