Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Tôl Acharn 1.2.4 released 12th Aug 2013 - unleash the mighty Dúnedain Counter-Invasions for TATW 3.2

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: DCI - Dúnedain Counter-Invasions: unleash the mighty Tôl Acharn - v1.0 is out

Great! "Almost always" is better than I hoped.

Yep, nothing says it like a happy evil emperor...

Exthellent!

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: DCI - Dúnedain Counter-Invasions: unleash the mighty Tôl Acharn - v1.0 is out

Just one thing i've noticed, the animation for the journeyman is for a priest who has a staff so it looks a bit odd since the he mimes using a staff. It's an odd since it's set to merchant.

PS
    I found the fix, just change the islamic priest skeleton to strat_diplomat or strat_merchant It seems the game is reading the correct model(loremaster) but giving him the skeleton listed under islamic priest.
    Last edited by smoesville; April 20, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Aha! Good point, goes into the to-do-list then
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 11, 2014 at 04:11 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Just realised what the journeymans humming is from, my precious?

Is this compatible with the baron's mod?

No, so far DCI only works with vanilla 3.1

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks for the information
    But come guys it's a pity.It would be great if this mod was compatible with Baron's mod or with mos...

It will be in MOS later on
    And at the same time it will be available for other compilations as well though least I will not do that merging as its quite some work involved and one effort will have to be enough (being part of the MOS crew thats the natural for me to work with)

If it's compatible with MOS it will be more that enough !
    right now I feel excited !!!!! I cant wait for it

PS
    WTF? i can't seem to post images that are hosted on twc?

Last edited by smoesville; April 21, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Very good looking smoe'
    Long to see it ingame!

PS Dunno ^^

Server seems a bit slow, could be something to do with it.

Starry, starry knight. Looks good Smoe.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

A simplify version of Knights of Annuminas' helm...
    You gotta love this.
    Aure entuluva!

Actually it's the battle-ready dunedain model, what i was showing was the star brooch which all jihad mercenary units will have in battle. This was a test and i grabbed the first ms3d file handy which is the grey company cavalry, this pic has the ivy leaf brooch hidden, i don't like the current mounted archer GC so this is the replacement. It's part of my dúnedain faction submod that has been long in the making. Very long.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice brooch!

I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this but what I was thinking is that the counter invasion against Sauron could be implemented through a beacons system( like in the books/movies). The beacons run across the mountain range that connects Helms deep to Minas Tirith. It can be activated when you play as Gondor, and all good forces make there way to whatever play the invasion is call upon. How it works is that each turn 1 beacon out of 4 are lit, This is so that it gives the enemy forces a chance to get a head start because the good factions are still preparing. Hopefully the end result is that both Evil and good meat each other on the same battlefield ruffly around the same time (maybe the evil sides could get there earlier and the good guys like Rohan could arrive a couple of turns later to save to day, or something like that). That's basically all i can think of right now, but if i can think of anything else i'll be sure to post.

Thanks for the suggestion Top_Kaiser. This would be a nice feature for Gondor and Rohan but I'm not sure how it could be applied to Arnor/Eriador and Dale due to lack of adjoining mountains.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

We do not have any adjoining mountains in Denmark either, though we have more places called "mountain" than Norway...

Anyway, in the Viking and Middle Ages- and probably in the Iron Age as well (actually until we got the telegraph), we had a beacon system set up on hilltops covering the country. I grew up near one of these "Jelshøj" (which was also a bronze age burial mound) the other near ones were 35 and 45 Km away respectively.

What I am saying is that it can be done even in a flat country.

Thanks Withwnar, The idea of the beacons could only really work for Rohan and Gondor, having them across the mountains. I'm not sure yet however how you could get Dale and the other good factions (apart from Rohan obviously) to Join, maybe your diplomat could ask for help, in the same way you ask another faction for trade rights and military access, that sort of thing. I'm sure there are better examples like creating a new beacon system that isn't in the books, like what Macilrille (above) said, it could be down on flat ground, it doesn't have to be across hill tops and mountain slopes. Come to think of it, just having the beacon system alone is enough, as soon as they are all lit, every good faction should join, even if they don't have mountain ranges near them or not, i don't think that should matter. I mean look at the orcs of the misty Mountains, when Sauron calls the invasion of Minas Tirith for example they have to cross one elven faction and Rohan alone just to get to Minas Tirith, they dont need a beacon system or anything to go, they just do. The idea of having beacons was just a cool way for all the good factions to rally and march to save the faction which is under siege.