Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 04 2023 FINAL VERSION! FA FROM ALL THE MEMBERS FROM FA TEAM(COMPLEET MOD!)

Default Re: NEW VERSION 26 JANUARY 2013!!STEVIETHECONQUER SUBMOD FOR VERSION 0.80

I still get a ctd when ending a new turn

But when installing, I face this (see attachment pic): It is in norwegian but it says that 8 files were not found like the previous version and I have 3 options:
    1. "Try copy over agian"
    2. "Ignore the error"
    3. "Cancel"

So I choose to ignore because the message occurs when I try to copy over again.

And I added the ctd log file too.
    Last edited by Jupiter93; February 02, 2013 at 04:24 AM.

Default Re: NEW VERSION 26 JANUARY 2013!!STEVIETHECONQUER SUBMOD FOR VERSION 0.80

it is not normal that is say that there are 8 files missing as it does not even knows which files there schould be lol.but this looks not like a winrar too me.

when you download the files,you must have a winrar then ,then right click with the mouse on it and it gives you the opportunity too extract the files,do this and extract them too your Medieval II Total War\mods direction

xxxx maybe you need winrar installed on your computer too make this work.

aout the log;i will look at the longbowleader,but i think this will not crash your game as i playing with the same files here.

edit;is that picture the installation of the version 0.80?

maybe this can help too?How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; February 02, 2013 at 06:38 AM.

I use winrar and I have allready disabled the UAC. I even tried drag and drop from installation files to mod folder and extracting them over to the mod folder as you said.
    But both gives ctd.

Ctd occurs every time I end a turn so it can't be the map.rwm file because I am able to enter the campaign map.
    Perhaps it is something wrong with one of the first scripts that causes the error?

i install a clean version 0.80 and then mine submod,and got no errors like you say,mine winrar is not saying there are 8 files missing,so something is wrong here.
    i see that your game is installated in a strange place and having files of FA in virtual store is not good and can be the reason the your game ctd's.

you should install your medieval II totalwar in c:games and do what How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems says,are your virtualstore will mix your files i think.

i can give you a differt fa.cfg file too see if this helpsand put the file export_descr_ancillaries in your FA\data and replace with other one.

x- if a only knows if other players can play further or not.

xxxx INSTAL THE WINRAR NOT TOO VIRTUAL STORE.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; February 02, 2013 at 09:16 AM.

Ok so I reinstalled the whole of m2tw and made a quick test of FA with your submod, I did'nt get any ctd when ending a turn.
    But I cannot guarantee that there wont be any ctds in the future, so I will stay tuned and report any errors for you so that you can optimize this excellent made mod!

Just love the units models here!

thanks for the comments!and report any ctd you see,i will try too fix it then,but offcourse i can not fix everything lol,but if the big ctd's are alread gone then that's already a big thing.
    and yes the units are great made!
    have a good playing time,as myself started a campaign with the polish.

EDIT;the last big upgrade will come soon and got almost all the units voices,if it is not all and got one new unit,Rus Infantry in it(i think a unit made by original modders and maybe finding it not good enough for this mod,but i like it verry much and it will come in the Novgorod unit rooster and will be a mercenary unit too) ,replacing a unit that was two times in this game lol,and will bring music back in as i seems too forget this.
    it's already finish just got too upload it one of these days.
    some little screen of new\old unit,they look great in battle lol.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; February 03, 2013 at 04:08 PM.

Does your mod change edu balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Sa'd of Jerusalem View Post
    Does your mod change edu balance?
    yes it does,but i did not look at it serious so it can be a lot more beter and more balanced.
    will try your edu for sure when it's ready,good luck with it as its not so easy too do,after all it are 500 units lol.

Nice! Those units looks great! Will it be savegame compitable?

And btw could you make one of the settlements near Swede a castle?
    Because I am unable to recruit some swedish castle units which are quite good. Oslo is a castle but it belongs to Norway
    I recommend to make Uppsala to a castle, or maybe Turku.
    Last edited by Jupiter93; February 04, 2013 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter93 View Post
    Nice! Those units looks great! Will it be savegame compitable?

And btw could you make one of the settlements near Swede a castle?
    Because I am unable to recruit some swedish castle units which are quite good. Oslo is a castle but it belongs to Norway
    I recommend to make Uppsala to a castle, or maybe Turku.
    just say the settlement that schould be a castle,and i make it a castle,as this is not difficult too do,did some small fixes too as the upgrade of dismounted polish knights was mixed up i fixed that too.
    the only thing that got too do is testing the game,as i did not play enough too know if all mine scripts are working good without ctd.

edit;our maybe not a castle,because you can build a castle from your city if you want,our take Oslo.

i think it will not be savecompatible,but am not sure,and as i was looking for sweden campaign i saw that the intro was wrong,it was one of mine first pictures and not so good so i made it beter and used the faction symbol of swedenof this mod and a dragon found somewhere in the gaves,what is now in Sweden,it is better then first picture .
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; February 04, 2013 at 05:02 PM.

This looks good Steve! I can't wait to play it myself!

I recommend to make Uppsala a castle. As Stockholm was a important economical and political city during the 11th century.

While you're at it, I suggest that you could change some of the other catholic factions priest models to the Swedish ones.
    They are too awesome in my opinion

And if you can, try to remove the vanilla units from Spain and Italian states with the skinned units allready in the mod.

Thanks for you effort, Steve! This mod has from the beginning been one of the best.
    Last edited by Jupiter93; February 05, 2013 at 03:27 AM.

Default Re: NEW VERSION 6 FEBRUARY 2013!!STEVIETHECONQUER SUBMOD FOR VERSION 0.80

hello good Jupiter93 thanks forliking this mod;

i did not changed the map as you can make from a city a castle as player

about the priest of sweden,i can not give every faction the same priest as there is only one colour of that priest model lol.
    about units from spain and other italian factions ,i think units are skinned by great burrek and are not so bad,i like them too and give some different gameplay,as i got not enough time too change all the units.

now am gonna play this mod as its alread very good too have some fun with,and test it as i did not play for long so there can be bug in it,but if it does i will try too fix it.

have a good playing time!

Default Re: NEW VERSION 6 FEBRUARY 2013!!STEVIETHECONQUER SUBMOD FOR VERSION 0.80

What a delight to have discovered this submod! I've always been impressed by the scope of 0.80, but haven't been able to play because of constant CTDs. Now I am anxiously downloading your submod and will get back to you with my experiences. Thanks for this!

@stevie: The thing is that the castle upgrade is unavailable in Sweden. Idk why, but it never showed up when I was playing.
    Do you at least have a tutorial for how to change settlements types manually, so i could do it myself?
    Last edited by Jupiter93; February 07, 2013 at 05:40 AM.

here is a link too one; Nakharar's Basics: Descr_strat
    will check sweden,if they not can make castle,our little castle then i will try too fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    What a delight to have discovered this submod! I've always been impressed by the scope of 0.80, but haven't been able to play because of constant CTDs. Now I am anxiously downloading your submod and will get back to you with my experiences. Thanks for this!
    thanks for liking this great mod!tell me if you got big bugs so i cna try too fix them,as i will myself start a campaign with the poland and after this i can inprove it maybe some more,maybe some horse texturing changing from great AlphaDelta broken crescent models.

Bugs: The Seljuk Swordsmen are silver units (unskinned) and the Knights Hospitallers' horses have not the orders skins but merely a mercenary skin.

Check those units bro

thanks jupiter93 will check them,about knights hospitallers i changed their skins because the original skin was good but with the eyes of the horses is something wrong and i can not watch it in battle,maybe i can use skin from broken crescent for them,as am now in a battle with some names,as i think i fixed them another one comes...

edit;are you sure the unit with silver(unskinned) is seljuk swordsmen,because i did a quick look and so them looking good.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; February 11, 2013 at 04:33 PM.

I am positive about the seljuk swordsmen beacause I played as Ayyubids and the script spawned an army that has seljuk swordsmen.
    As I battles with them I noticed that they were all silver. Maybe you should check out the spawned ones instead of the ones from custom battle.

Yes please use the Broken Crescent skin for Hospitaller horses. They look so stupid with the mercenrary skin

+rep for quick reply and fix effort!

thanks jupiter93,just checked it and somehow i put a seljuk unit in a ayyubids army,lol,can fix it by put textures in for egypt for that unit and in next realease i fix that in the campaign script too.
    am trying too put mailed horse for hospitaller and templars,but for every faction a maild horse of their faction so you can see how owing the knights.

got some infopictures of the knights and inproved the tempelars and hospitaller orders so you can recruit more order units as christen faction,and made the dismounted knights templar twohanded axemen .

now the knights of templars and hospitallers look always a little different,and so more fun,atleast for me lol.

edit;new update release.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; February 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM.