Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 6.0 Release

Icon4 Re: Amazon: Total War 6.0 Release

I tried to post the new mod on moddb, but the upload won't start.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 6.0 Release

Speaking from experience it can take hours to upload a mod.

Moddb can support multiple servers if your mod is published on desuda (I've tried) but desuda doesn't support RTW modifications so they will only provide one server.

Gamershell provides 4-5 but I can't recall the process it takes to upload a file.

Gamefront is the easiest way in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    Speaking from experience it can take hours to upload a mod.

Moddb can support multiple servers if your mod is published on desuda (I've tried) but desuda doesn't support RTW modifications so they will only provide one server.

Gamershell provides 4-5 but I can't recall the process it takes to upload a file.

Gamefront is the easiest way in my opinion.

OK

Thank you for the information.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

I have question for u. Does 6.0e has all the changes of the former patches included?

Besides say it is again is a good mod

Yes, 6.0e is a cumulative mod which fixes all the known bugs of previous releases and adding changes, such as the Armenian enhancement as well as Darth Mod parameter adjust and RS II battle map.

A quick background:

The Reignited Mod is based on anthropological research about the Amazons by my partner and me started back in 2005, storyline and some units were created back then. This is in parallel to Subrosa's and Ares7667's work.

What was great about SubRosa's work (the last one being 3.0c Amazon TW release) was that she did such a superb work on the faction layout, when she allowed my partner and me taking over her project, we can afford to concentrate on the storyline from the anthropological angle and creating unit configuration using her existing work as a baseline with the B.U.M. principle applied.

To make a long story short, this project will not be what it is today without the prior mod leaders' brilliant works.
    Last edited by parthian shot; January 28, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

I just want to say something about a mod in the released mods section of total war eras. I found this submod made by ares7667 for SubRosa's version, add some new amazon units.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=491976

I don't know if the author still in the forums but i give the link if you are interested.

Greetings.

Both Subrosa and Ares7667 have given their blessing and permission for me to take over the project.

And we don't use the release mod section anymore.

The OP has the latest 6.0e release which is from GameFront.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudora View Post
    I just want to say something about a mod in the released mods section of total war eras. I found this submod made by ares7667 for SubRosa's version, add some new amazon units.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=491976

I don't know if the author still in the forums but i give the link if you are interested.

Greetings.

Just wondering if anyone can get the last release to Moddb ?

Max-Scribe's Avatar Libertus
    the People's Republic of China (PRC)-Guangdong province

As the historical background, the MOD lack of imagination, should develop mythos MOD.
    Welcome to the QQ group "Anno Domini 600 : Continental Hegemony" (137238345), talking about the modification all together.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=497805

I thought I have heard a lot of comments.

This is the first time someone put the words "historical" and "lack of imagination" in one sentence about this mod. To me it sounds like contradication in terms.

Frankly, I would appreciate if you can elaborate more on exactly what you are trying to say.

BTW, this mod is from anthropological extrapolation, and the only imagination was the extrapolation part, not on history, nor archaeology, nor anthropology.

I would highly suggest to increase the hitpoints for all units in a way I explain as follows with some good plus points as I see it.

1. No unit will have a bonus over another since a hp bonus is simply to much and is hitting the balance in a critical way.
    2. All units get 5 hitpoints (the general units will be no exeption, only the elephants need more of course how much need to be investigated), so the battle won't be over in a couple of seconds it's a more intense fight and more accurate since units with low morale will rather route then suffer highly losses, which happens then.
    3. The player has more time to react to situations on the battlefield since the units last longer in battle, it gives more options for a strategy..
    4. If you play with time limit battles, this setting now has an impact not like before due to the longer fights.

All in all the only thing that I see is a downside is that for the viewer if a unit is hit by missile the losses are close to none with the first salvos but of course it counts and the units that has taken hits is crippled and has already lost hp even if displayed at full strength so when the close combat is at hand this unit will lose much faster due to th fact I mentioned.

Of course the time of the battle depends on the unit size as well, which is selected in the menu. I don't play with huge armies but one setting below that so what I suggest is best fitting for that setting.

I have adjusted many mods that way and have to say it's much more fun to play and battle. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Mark Centurion; February 04, 2012 at 05:05 AM.

Mark,

This paricular comment is not about your remarks: Some people complained about the unrealistic battle of the mod, should re-examine realism again.

In RTW, I had seen bare-chested barbarian cavalry chasing crack horse archer units, salvo after salvos, about 6,000 iron tipped arrows later, there is not a single barbarian trooper going down.

The real problem ? the barbarian cavalry animation skin is a mis-match against the defense points of the barbarian cavalry.

I honestly believe the balance of this mod is trying to be as realistic battle-wise as possible, as far as the new weapons are concerned. And it is not trying to be entertaining. If some archers armed with iron-encased lead bolt are shooting at me, I wonder how many shots it takes for the bolts to hit my vital organs at close range, even with best armors. Also the thermite weapons will melt the armors along with the wearer with it, so multiple hit points will make the game more interesting for sure, but unrealistic.

I also want to make it public that, in order to be realistic, my partner and I have reconstructed shooting scenarios and actually shot iron cased lead bolt against actual (not replica) hand forged fragment of chain mail, as well as plate mail. My partner is ex-docent in the royal armory and also an expert of ancient weaponry and the configuration of the current game is as close as we can get based on actual testing. The cost factor is also based on stop-watching the hand forge production process of chain mail and plate mail armors while we were in Italy.

I honestly don't mind to change the configuration to be more realistic, but to alter the hit points and other configuration contrary to the real findings seem to defeat the whole purpose of this.

Your thoughs ?

Could be possible add a tweak for diplomacy like Europe Barbaroum(if i'm not wrong)?. The reason is Vanilla diplomacy in Rome is broken any time that i tried make peace or change a territory they refuse.

Example:

Me: Ceasefire
    AI: No.
    Me: Ceasefire, 5000 coins.
    Me: Ceasefire, 5000 coins, give territory, map information.
    AI: No

After 10 turns pass, i tried again...

Me: Ceasefire, 5000 coins.

Final result: -____________-

If you are at war with Faction B and if you can successfully request Faction A to attack Faction B, and then send in an emissary to request ceasefire with Faction B, more than likely Faction B will oblige your ceasefire request.

If you request cease fire with payent of 20,000 instead of 5,000 and the hostile faction has less than 100,000 pieces in wealth, chances are the faction in question will oblige.

Tried to send a diplomat with more experience or an aide (such as an interpreter) will help also. The diplomats who gets a lot of alliance treaties should be the one who is doing the ceasefire talk.

With neutral factions, they will grow to be more distant and hostile over time with your faction, try to make voluntary payment (not tribute) as friendly gesture, this will also soften their stance and be less hostle towards your faction.

Try to assassinate potentially hostile faction's diplomat on another faction's territory, and the two factions will grow more hostile towards each other and would be less likely to prepare for military action against your faction.

Try to send spies into potential rival's territories, and while your spies are in the enemy territories, they would drain the local income (500 pieces of gold per turn) and thereby reduce the resources of that faction to attack your faction. This is an Amzon TW special feature.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 05, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

I will try your advices parthian, thanks a lot.

Parthian,

I appreciate the information, thanks for that. If one aims for a more historically and thus realistically mod it's maybe more difficult to balance things out and make them fun to play. I have no doubt you are doing good in both aspects I just think everyone would enjoy a longer battle.

1)
    We can consider to increase the skill for defence maybe for all units +10 or someting like that (just a random suggestion) that way the battles take only longer in melee right? Since that skill isn't used when the unit is shot at.

2)
    Also since the range weapons are now much more powerfull then before how about reducing the ammo to the half of the amount we have now? That would also balance things out without killing of to much realism and the weapon power remains the same.

Edit
    ###
    On a further note no one can seriously think this mod is way to unrealistic when it comes to weapon power infact I think you are doing a very good job and also have a good background to prove things later on if one asks, THANKS for your work.
    Last edited by Mark Centurion; February 05, 2012 at 04:20 AM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

If you do carry out the HP idea make it a base hp stat of 2 for the grunts e.g. hastatii. 3 for the above average soldier e.g. principes. 4 for the elite e.g. praetorians. 5 for the elite of the elite e.g. spartans.

Another idea would be to make certain class types e.g. hastatii have 120 men to the principes 60men to the praetorians 40 men.

Also increasing the attack and defense of all to a base of at least 20 and as high as 50 would be interesting. Lethality for elites would be around .85 grunts maybe .33ish.

Arrows would still work if you adjusted their attack to the proper values. ap attr would help to.

Increasing the turn times for elites to 5+ turns would be nice to and grunts to at least 2 turns.

These are very radical changes and would take alot of fine tuning so don't do anything if you don't think it wouldn't make the game better for you.

I've already done this with my favourite mod classical age total war and can tell you that it takes around 8-20 hours depending on how focused you are.

That is very interesting! Thanks Resef.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    If you do carry out the HP idea make it a base hp stat of 2 for the grunts e.g. hastatii. 3 for the above average soldier e.g. principes. 4 for the elite e.g. praetorians. 5 for the elite of the elite e.g. spartans.

Another idea would be to make certain class types e.g. hastatii have 120 men to the principes 60men to the praetorians 40 men.

Also increasing the attack and defense of all to a base of at least 20 and as high as 50 would be interesting. Lethality for elites would be around .85 grunts maybe .33ish.

Arrows would still work if you adjusted their attack to the proper values. ap attr would help to.

Increasing the turn times for elites to 5+ turns would be nice to and grunts to at least 2 turns.

These are very radical changes and would take alot of fine tuning so don't do anything if you don't think it wouldn't make the game better for you.

I've already done this with my favourite mod classical age total war and can tell you that it takes around 8-20 hours depending on how focused you are.

Nice work.

thank you for your encouragement