Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: Amazon: Total War 6.0 Release

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 6.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    2) Some units are very overpowered IMO. Most of the campaign I needed only to use Heavy Peltasts in my army as their total armor value crushed anything in its path. Now, I know you try to keep things realistic with the armor values, it's just that they are too strong for the vanilla units:

Though the heavy peltast units are specially engineered units (i.e. their shields are heavy, and on paper, their weapon range is further due to advanced ballistic study (shorter and smaller cross section with slightly heavier weight) allowing actually longer range and better armor piercing capability (due to better velocity retention), You and I both know that they are weak when attacked from the flank and rear. The issue is, can AI handle such flanking attack with Greek infantry? in the situation where the enemy have sufficient cavalry, the Heavy Peltasts are extremely vulnerable, because we know AI likes to flank the opponent with cavalry.

One solution is to make the Amazon HP units more expensive to recruit, or only can be recruited at higher level of cultural development.

If you can help, I would also like to keep a list of enemy units the Amazon HP have defeated, I do know that some Egyptian units would simply wipe them out, not sure about the Carthaginian or Numidians.
    Because of this entry by Siberian Wolf, I have asked the system testers to run about 20 different custom battles against Amazon Heavy Peltasts with some cavalry support but no advanced weaponry. Tests are conducted with 7.0 units (which allows the the Romans to fight with new weapons).

Human Player- Romans

three units of heavy infantry (cohort i)
    one auxiliary horse archer
    two caro ballista batteries
    two field engineer corp unit to construct area denial "minefield" (tribulus/caltrop).

AI- Libyan Amazons

12 units of HPs
    3 units of elite Libyan longs word cavalry units (with the capability of pole sling).

The Roman were obviously outmatched and vastly outnumbered, but only lost one battle out of 10.

The second batch of tests

AI - Romans

12 units of heavy infantry (cohort i)
    two auxiliary horse archer
    four caro ballista batteries
    two field engineer corp unit to construct area denial "minefield" (tribulus/caltrop).

Human Player - Libyan Amazons

12 units of HPs
    3 units of elite Libyan longs word cavalry units (with the capability of pole sling).

The Amazons were obviously outmatched and outnumbered units wise, but won all the battles (10 out of 10).

I think this really points to the AI's weakness in conducting a battle. But not necessary that the Amazon HPs were too strong.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Now that I think of, yea, the AI is pretty braindead. They're simply not capable of any advanced maneuvers. I never tried it in a custom battle, but I guess H. Peltasts go down pretty fast if you charge them from behind.

Anyway, I hope you manage to find some kind of compromise to get things balanced. Of course, one can put battle difficulty on hard or vhard but since we know RTW has a simple bonus system for that, I kind of prefer medium for B difficulty.

I've read all the stuff you posted about the advanced weapons before I even downloaded the mod. Interesting stuff. Can you point me to a source where you got that? Specifically the double bows.

Also I remembered something I wanted to suggest to make things more interesting. Maybe you could make the Libyan (I don't know how I managed to misspell it Lybian previously!) more spicy by spawning armies of Egypt and/or Greeks right next to them if the player selected Libya so that you re-create the chase that is mentioned in the lore ("hot on their heels"). Just a stack or two not to weaken the Libyan horde too much.

Oh, yea, one last thing. I don't know if the Lore and weapon tech texts come packed with the mod. If not, you should include them in a "documentation" folder or something...

So long for now. Happy modding, I hope I helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Wolf View Post
    Now that I think of, yea, the AI is pretty braindead. They're simply not capable of any advanced maneuvers. I never tried it in a custom battle, but I guess H. Peltasts go down pretty fast if you charge them from behind.

Anyway, I hope you manage to find some kind of compromise to get things balanced. Of course, one can put battle difficulty on hard or vhard but since we know RTW has a simple bonus system for that, I kind of prefer medium for B difficulty.

I've read all the stuff you posted about the advanced weapons before I even downloaded the mod. Interesting stuff. Can you point me to a source where you got that? Specifically the double bows.

Also I remembered something I wanted to suggest to make things more interesting. Maybe you could make the Libyan (I don't know how I managed to misspell it Lybian previously!) more spicy by spawning armies of Egypt and/or Greeks right next to them if the player selected Libya so that you re-create the chase that is mentioned in the lore ("hot on their heels"). Just a stack or two not to weaken the Libyan horde too much.

Oh, yea, one last thing. I don't know if the Lore and weapon tech texts come packed with the mod. If not, you should include them in a "documentation" folder or something...

So long for now. Happy modding, I hope I helped.
    You helped a great deal! Thank You So Much!
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    [B]7) Goethe Incendiary Catapult Bireme missing detail description image.

8) Amazon Militia Warband missing detail description image.

9) Gender issue with ships "He will not give up command to another admiral" I assume the Amazon admirals are women?
    Checked the mod and these two entries already got the detail description in 6.0K patch 2 release.
    So I just want to make sure that you were playing with the latest release file.

They were missing the description image. The large picture when right -clicked.
    Now that I've checked it seems I played with 6.0K patch 1 instead of 2. The ModDB download must have been updated later since I always download from there. Sorry for the trouble, just ignore any report you know you've corrected before.

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Wolf View Post
    They were missing the description image. The large picture when right -clicked.
    Now that I've checked it seems I played with 6.0K patch 1 instead of 2. The ModDB download must have been updated later since I always download from there. Sorry for the trouble, just ignore any report you know you've corrected before.
    It is great to be sure! And your feedback helps this to be better.

6.0K the latest Amazon:Total War with standard map has the known bug resolved and now with new Amazon UI.

You can find the download address at the OP.

As in the 7.0 thread, this thread is also closed, please feel free to use the latest release thread for discussion on mod file issues, releases.