Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HIBAM Editor: Map & Historical Battle editor

Default HIBAM Editor: Map & Historical Battle editor

Since we're approaching release 2 of NTW3 I've decided to make my editor of map and historical order of battle available to everybody.
    I have little time now to compile a tutorial for most of the functions, they will follow if people shows some interest. The pack has a tutorial included dealing with deployment zones and grassmap. Planting trees and setting buildings is enough intuitive.
    Lots of buildings and trees preview don't work, just the ones I frequently use.

You need net 3.5 or above to make it work. Extract to any directory and run the exe.

CURRENT VERSION 3.8

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vlv91b...m_3_8.rar/file
    Last edited by LEGIO_Desaix; November 02, 2018 at 05:07 AM. Reason: New version

Default Re: HIBAM Editor: Map & Historical Battle editor

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_Desaix View Post
    Since we're approaching release 2 of NTW3 I've decided to make my editor of map and historical order of battle available to everybody.
    I have little time now to compile a tutorial for most of the functions, they will follow if people shows some interest. The pack has a tutorial included dealing with deployment zones and grassmap. Planting trees and setting buildings is enoufg intuitive.
    Lots of buildings and trees preview don't work, just the ones I frequently use.

You need net 3.5 or above to make it work. Extract to any directory and run the exe.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21015552/Hibam_v3.rar

that's nice, is it different from the version I have?

thanks

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21015552/Hibam_v3.rar
    Nice! to bad that buildings are still "harcoded"

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Nice! to bad that buildings are still "harcoded"

I will work on that after the release of my HB pack. Promised

New version 3.1 out for Primergy without buildings hardcoded (you were lucky it did not take long...).

If you want to add a new building just add a line in the Buildings.csv file. First the name, then width, height, occupable status and finally if center of rotation is not in the midlle (like bridge for example but usually value is 0) . However I guess Primergy will not make any new bridge for a while

Link updated in first post.
    Last edited by LEGIO_Desaix; November 23, 2011 at 08:12 AM.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Is this excellent tool compatible with ETW battle maps ?

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_Desaix View Post
    New version 3.1 out for Primergy without buildings hardcoded (you were lucky it did not take long...).

If you want to add a new building just add a line in the Buildings.csv file. First the name, then width, height, occupable status and finally if center of rotation is not in the midlle (like bridge for example but usually value is 0) . However I guess Primergy will not make any new bridge for a while

Link updated in first post.
    Oh great (and yes, i need a burnside bridge^^)

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    Is this excellent tool compatible with ETW battle maps ?
    I think map changed slighlty from ETW to NTW. Primergy is the best to answer here because he owns both programs. There should be no trouble for deployment zones and histrocal battle script generation, but tree and buildings would need some fixes.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Thanks for answer

I will ask Primergy about ETW compatibility.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

This is excellent thank you Legio Desaix + Rep. I was able to change the deployment zones on maps to exactly how I wanted them using your tutorial. However the thing I really want to do is add some tents, wagons and other items to recreate a camp. I have tried in vain to figure out how to import a list of rigid models the best I could do was distribute your available trees and shrubs although I couldn’t get them into the map. I think I may have found out how to get the tent positions on the map but im stuck at what to do next.

prop_field_tent_large,-545,-152,0
    prop_field_tent_large,-537,-106,0
    prop_field_tent_large,-497,-103,0
    prop_field_tent_large,-539,-81,0
    prop_field_tent_large,-591,-94,0
    prop_field_tent_large,-517,-74,0
    prop_field_tent_large,-491,-47,0

I for one would be most grateful for a further tutorial on placing rigid models onto a map and even elevating and decreasing the terrain. Thank you.
    Last edited by nigelnire; January 15, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Now we need one for Shogun 2

I am trying to recreate the centre column camp at Isandlwana 1879 so I need to place wagons , tents , barrels , carts ,food supply’s onto the custom battle map for use with the wonderful Zulu/ Khartoum mod . Id be very grateful for even very basic instructions or even a few clues to get me started and I’m sure ill figure it out.
    Last edited by nigelnire; January 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnire View Post
    I am trying to recreate the centre column camp at Isandlwana 1879 so I need to place wagons , tents , barrels , carts ,food supply’s onto the custom battle map for use with the wonderful Zulu/ Khartoum mod . Id be very grateful for even very basic instructions or even a few clues to get me started and I’m sure ill figure it out.
    Better PM next time as I don't read often this forum.

Not all buildings and props show a preview, but you can plant them anyway.
    Select the one you like then left click on main map. Change orientation if you like. Save building file to later modify it and save BMD file to import in custom map (bmd_near_buildings.building_list or something like that cannot recall exactly).
    If you want to place several building on the same axis (X or Y) use the pattern, delta X and delta Y values in the building mask. For example pattern= 5 deltaX= 10 will place 6 buildings at a 5 metres distance on the X axis (that is horizontally).

Hope this help.
    Cheers

P.S. After ver.2 release of NTW3 and of my included historical battles pack I hope to find time to write a tutorial on tree & building editing.
    Last edited by LEGIO_Desaix; January 23, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Thank you very much for your help Legio Desaix . I was able to place around 20 tents on the map and position them as required. I have been having problems however with the wagons and get a CTD when I add them. Anyway it’s a work in progress
    prop_field_wagon_covered
    prop_field_wagon_uncovered

Thank you very much for your help Legio Desaix . I was able to place around 20 tents on the map and position them as required. I have been having problems however with the wagons and get a CTD when I add them. Anyway it’s a work in progress
    prop_field_wagon_covered
    prop_field_wagon_uncovered
    Strange, let me know.

Btw you can change position of the selected building by right clicking on another map point.

This editor is superb . I was doing something stupid I now have tents, wagons everything I need on the map. One final question is it possible to re load the bmd_near_buildings.building_list back into the editor so that I can remove one tent that is out of position rather than start again from scratch as it’s exactly as I want it apart from the one object ? Many thanks

This editor is superb . I was doing something stupid I now have tents, wagons everything I need on the map. One final question is it possible to re load the bmd_near_buildings.building_list back into the editor so that I can remove one tent that is out of position rather than start again from scratch as it’s exactly as I want it apart from the one object ? Many thanks
    Yes you can, you need however the Lordz tools but I cannot remember where to download it. I never found time to develop the routine to revert back from the bulding list. Since I always save csv first I don't need to decrypt the building list file.
    Send me your building list file and I'll send you back the csv

Its ok thanks Legio Desaix I just did it again and am happy with the results , as can be seen the Wagon park and camp at Isandlwana ( map by Panzerschreck ) I know they should really be be bell tents but we dont have them in NTW.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the link is dead
    .......... ..........
    PC Specs
    Intel Core i7 975 @3.33GHz (8 CPUs)
    12288MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    Razer Anansi Keyboard
    Razer Mamba Mouse
    NZXT Tower
    Viewsonic VA2245a Monitor