Only that I hope they are worth it
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Skyrim Q&A [Ask Your Skyrim Questions Here! Spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    that horse can't die

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Alright guys, help a you thieves guild-brother:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    When I'm at Snow Veil Sanctum place with Mercer, after I kill Draugr overlord there is one of those doors, that is usually opened by pulling chains. The problem is that this one, in the room where you fight the Overlord, doesn't have any chain. How do I open it?
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; November 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM.

Kilo's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Alright guy, help a you thieves guild-brother:
    When I'm at Snow Veil Sanctum place with Mercer, after I kill Draugr overlord there is one of those doors, that is usually opened by pulling chains. The problem is that this one, in the room where you fight the Overlord, doesn't have any chain. How do I open it?
    I don't recall having any difficulty with that quest, I think Mercer is suppose to open it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
    I don't recall having any difficulty with that quest, I think Mercer is suppose to open it for you?
    Are we talking about the same door? Its a metal gate, there were others before the room with Draugr Overlord, they were usually opened by pulling chain levers. Bu there are no chains and Mercer isn't doing anything.

Kilo's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Are we talking about the same door? Its a metal gate, there were others before the room with Draugr Overlord, they were usually opened by pulling chain levers. Bu there are no chains and Mercer isn't doing anything.
    Apparently not, whats the quest name?And did you try to see if there are other doors etc?

ok, so I hav 2 characters in my save games as of right now.

On my first character, I completed the companion mission when you go to the Dustmans Cairn with Falkar, the companion who changes to a werewolf when he is outnumbered. I believe I did about 2 more quests, which were fairly easy.

Now my question comes with my second character. I have done the first companion quest, with falkar, when you are initiated into the companions, but the quest I was given after that was to go to shimmermist cave, and get some weapon or artifact.
    There are Dunmer here, and they are quite strong for what I feel is a pretty early game questline. At the end of the cave, there is a stronger Dunmer, who I can kill, but also this Dwarven automaton, which kills me in one burst of frost.

Now I have leveled up to lvl. 12, but this damn thing still kills me in one burst. It also kills my companion, Jenata, the elven mercenary who I hired from the drunken huntsmen. I feel this quest is extremely hard, and doesn't compare to the quest I received from the companions on my other save game.

I never even heard of shimmermist cave, until I started my second char. but cleared out so many of the caves/dungeons/camps surrounding whiterun prior to doing the companion questline I feel maybe this is the reason I was assigned such a hard task, because all of the other places were already cleared.

Has anyone else run into this, and is there anything that would give me an advantage to killing the dwarven automaton. I am a lvl 12 redguard, good in archery, one handed weapons, blocking and heavy armor. Is there another area I should focus on, in order to kill this darned thing?

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Just got married to Mjoll the Lioness, we live in Whiterun, why on earth is a man called Aerin in my house and following her all day ?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Tribunus

He saved her or she saved him, can't remember which, now they stick together alot.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

@gradeAhaze: First of all it's Falmer, not Dunmer.
    Secondly, to kill the Dwemer Centurion thing, the easiest way is usually to find a pillar or something that you can run around. The Centurion is way too big and slow to go around as fast as you and it will be unable to hit you with its steam. You just have to get close and attack it once or twice really fast and then run back again. It takes some practice to avoid its meelee attack but it's definitely manageable.

Using spells is definitely easier but it isn't impossible to do it with a sword and shield.
    Last edited by Cahoma; November 22, 2011 at 01:21 AM. Reason: TYPO
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Well he got his throat slit with 2 elven daggers, reanimated then marched out to the little cesspit thing where the Whiterun water works stops then collapsed and went back into the void. Nothing to do with me of course.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Protector Domesticus

Heres one for the ones into Lore What happens to souls trapped into Soul Gems, used on a weapon and expended on an enemy?

Tribunus

First off you need to disavow yourself of the typical Christian/Jewish/Theist/Muslim view of what defines a soul. In terms of TES Lore the soul is little more than energy, it holds no inherent divinity as often ascribed to the same idea in typical Western based philosophy.

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    A Dagger and a horse.
    and a set of DB armor, and a ton of gold (something along the lines of 20000 for the last quest alone, though you have to spend some outfitting your new base).
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    don't worry, they are. The dagger can be upgraded at a wheatstone without any ignots needed, and when upgraded fully it does tons of damage. It also has a -15 health enchantment.

the horse is awesome looking and can't die, though it keeps following you around whenever you fast travel and tends to get annoying after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gradeAhaze View Post
    There are Dunmer here, and they are quite strong for what I feel is a pretty early game questline. At the end of the cave, there is a stronger Dunmer, who I can kill, but also this Dwarven automaton, which kills me in one burst of frost.
    Get some poison protection, Falmers are using poisons on their weapons and that is what causes most damage.On lower levels they can be quite pain, specially since they come in groups.

Also they are blind and they can't see you unless you are moving or making any noise.

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

Hello guys!

I have a question. Should I finish the main quest first and then do all other quests (thousands of things to do) or it doesn't matter?

In Oblivion I did the main quest first to get rid of the annoying oblivion gates that littered the country...

does it make a difference?

thanks!
    --------------Arengada--------------

Primicerius

What should I do with my character ???

I have so far:

-Done the main quest until Delphine started thinking that she can boss me around, screw that wench.
    -Done some sidequest including "a night to remember" the "gauldr amulet quest" etc.
    -Mostly I have just wandered and stumbled upon dungeons. Collected money and have bought proudspire manor. I am now level 27. Things are getting rather boring

I heard that the thieves guild is fun this time around with them being an actual organized crime family. Maybe I should just start a new sneaky character and join them ???

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Ancient dragons = OUCH

See here for chart:
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrimragon

Edit: Dammit! This was kinda in the wrong thread...
    Last edited by Cahoma; November 22, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    First off you need to disavow yourself of the typical Christian/Jewish/Theist/Muslim view of what defines a soul. In terms of TES Lore the soul is little more than energy, it holds no inherent divinity as often ascribed to the same idea in typical Western based philosophy.
    Ah, so what you are getting from the dead is just energy and not what is going off to the varies afterlifes?