Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim Q&A [Ask Your Skyrim Questions Here! Spoilers]

Default Re: Skyrim Q&A [Ask Your Skyrim Questions Here! Spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Ok How find redguard women in whiterun???
    Ingredients for healing potions???
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    she's working in the inn by the market place
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    I've got a question: When I get married, why does the body of Brother Verulus appear from no-where? I killed him inside a mountain far away, and I see no reason why he's there. And how can I stop this bug? It's preventing marrying, hence preventing me from getting free money.

I just read about this. Looking for it.

If you have killed one of your followers, they will spawn at the ceremony and you will fail the marriage. You have the option of asking the intended spouse for another try at marriage afterwards. First get rid of the dead follower by dragging him to the basement or to the bedroom of Maramal. Otherwise the marriage will fail again.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Marriage#Bugs
    Last edited by xcorps; November 27, 2011 at 10:04 AM.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by xcorps View Post
    He works for the college. You can find him there. You don't have to do any quests for him to buy spellbooks.

You can cast it, but you'd have to find the spellbook somewhere. I haven't found any expert spells in loot. Have you considered alchemy for invisibility? Getting 75 in illusion is really really easy.

Heres the ingredients you need for potions of invisibility:

Vampire Dust
    Nirnroot
    Chaurus Eggs (very easy to find, hundreds of them in the cellar of Frostflow Lighthouse )
    Crimson Nirnroot
    Ice Wraith Teeth (sold by Arcadia in Whiterun)
    Luna Moth Wing (Easy to find)
    Okay I decided to give it a try despite not being able to cast invisibility right away, I found the Drevis fellow and bought several spells that are useful like calm and fear, I was wondering if you or others have any tips when fighting against undead as assassin? I went the dual wielding/bow path.

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by That_which_Lurks View Post
    Okay I decided to give it a try despite not being able to cast invisibility right away, I found the Drevis fellow and bought several spells that are useful like calm and fear, I was wondering if you or others have any tips when fighting against undead as assassin? I went the dual wielding/bow path.
    Sneak:
    Get stealth (build as you can all the way to 5), backstab, deadly aim, assassins blade, muffled movement.

Archery:
    Overdraw (as you can build all the way to 5), critical shot at least once. Steady hand is nice.

One Hand:
    Armsman (as you can build all the way to 5), Bladesman as much as you can, Dual Flurry and Dual Savagery, Critical Charge, Savage Strike, Paralyzing Strike.

Undead aren't really that difficult. They won't detect you any faster than anything else. Start with your bow. When they come at you, Fus Roh Da, shoot again a couple of times. Most single foes will be dead or almost dead. Switch to melee when you need to. Build up your health and stamina.
    Any thing that isn't resistant and won't be one shotted should be take a poisoned arrow first. Especially mages.

Consider dual wielding with a sword and war axe after your initial backstab with a pair of daggers (you get a huge sneak attack modifier with the initial dagger strike, then switch). If you do decide to use an axe, you will want to consider the Hack and Slash perks.
    Last edited by xcorps; November 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Whats the best way to build a typical conjurer character? I have tried with High Elf and Breton, but after a run through Bleak Falls Barrow with both characters they seem a little underwhelming. I've been trying to stay cannon and stick with a dagger/ robes, but it's just not effective at all. Are there anyways to stay with the classic mage w/ dagger in this game?

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

I went back to pick up the East Empire Company trading map to complete the larceny targets collection but the side quest didn't activate. Does anyone know what "setstage" console command I can use to fix it?

I have 3 questions.

1- I know that you can buy a House in almost each major cities of Skyrim, Now usually you can buy a city after completing some quests for that city. In Windhelm where it seems the best house is, I can't seem to trigger the Jarls assistant to buy that house at 12K. I have solved the murders, I have joined the Stormcloaks taken
    Whitrune
    but I stll can't buy the house what do I need to do to buy that house??????

2- I want to get married now, but I don't knw how to trigger it, I have the Amulet of Mara but I don't have the option like said by others to get more firnedly with my new conquest. Can someone please explain in detail how to trigger it. My house needs to get cleaned

3- Is doing the Stormcloaks conquering quests fully is the need of the game are it's really beaten Alduin?
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; November 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM.
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    2- I want to get married now, but I don't knw how to trigger it, I have the Amulet of Mara but I don't have the option like said by others to get more firnedly with my new conquest. Can someone please explain in detail how to trigger it. My house needs to get cleaned
    2. Do a quest for her. The easiest I've seen is marrying Ysolda in Whiterun. Just find a mammoths tusk and give her it. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're wearing the amulet, and if it still doesn't, sell your amulet and get another from the Temple of Mara in Riften.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

What is the best way/weapon to kill the Draugr Overlord in Bleak Falls Barrow's quest ? I'm playing Adept and have been unable to defeat the dude. I'm using the given sword after accepted by the Companions (exquisite) and a bow which have fire arrows (forgot the name but an Imperial bow).

After 10 failed attemp I change the difficulty to Novice and with just 2 stirkes the beast id dead.. damned..

Any ideas ? My character is basically hybrid ranger/fighter and I don't really use magic.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    What is the best way/weapon to kill the Draugr Overlord in Bleak Falls Barrow's quest ? I'm playing Adept and have been unable to defeat the dude. I'm using the given sword after accepted by the Companions (exquisite) and a bow which have fire arrows (forgot the name but an Imperial bow).

After 10 failed attemp I change the difficulty to Novice and with just 2 stirkes the beast id dead.. damned..

Any ideas ? My character is basically hybrid ranger/fighter and I don't really use magic.

What Level are you?

Level 14 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Level 14 I think.

So just to be sure you are talking about the Draugr that lies in a coffin at the end of the (stage), who flyies and dressed in a violet robe??? If you are talking about them they can get hard, the best way I found is by having a compagnion, while he is busy with your friend you can shoot him from afar.

I've met one actually yesterday it's not far from the right of Riften, he ws dawm hard and he gaved me a Green Mask, but the best prize I got is the Storm call shout: Hint: Don't forget to get out the door to get it.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Where find Hilge in Morthal(burned hause mission)-find her after dark???

So just to be sure you are talking about the Draugr that lies in a coffin at the end of the (stage), who flyies and dressed in a violet robe??? If you are talking about them they can get hard, the best way I found is by having a compagnion, while he is busy with your friend you can shoot him from afar.

I've met one actually yesterday it's not far from the right of Riften, he ws dawm hard and he gaved me a Green Mask, but the best prize I got is the Storm call shout: Hint: Don't forget to get out the door to get it.
    Yes. That one I think but didn't fly. The one that appears from the coffin right after I rinished reading the words from the wall. The level boss I think. I ventured alone. That dude got some knock spell I think which knock out whatever weapon I'm using. I tried arrows, tried bashing. No go. Then I change the difficulty to Novice it goes down with 2 strokes..

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Where find Hilge in Morthal(burned hause mission)-find her after dark???
    behind the house on top of a hill

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

I have 3 questions.

1- I know that you can buy a House in almost each major cities of Skyrim, Now usually you can buy a city after completing some quests for that city. In Windhelm where it seems the best house is, I can't seem to trigger the Jarls assistant to buy that house at 12K. I have solved the murders, I have joined the Stormcloaks taken
    Whitrune
    but I stll can't buy the house what do I need to do to buy that house??????
    You have to liberate the Falkreath Hold first, so you still need to do some Stormcloak quests.

This page should explain it in detail.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Marriage

What ya need ta da:

1. Talk to Maramal(He's in Riften probably). You need to discuss marriage with him before the new dialogue options appear.
    2. Get the Amulet of Mara(But you got that one already).
    3. Find a ho/bro who is willing(All can be found in that link). You might have to do a quest for your future spouse.
    4. After she/he have said yes, go talk to Maramal about the wedding.
    5. Have the wedding.
    6. Live happily ever after.

3- Is doing the Stormcloaks conquering quests fully is the need of the game are it's really beaten Alduin?
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here... But the Stormcloak questline isn't part of the MQ. The game is technically beaten when you've killed Alduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Thanks for the Help Cahoma. Have you finished the game?

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Actually no. I've got to the part where you just get Dragonrend, but then I made a new character. The only major questline I've finished is the Mages College. I spend all the time wandering around, doing minor quest and then I make a new character. And I've played for 85 hours.

I've played a:
    Nord spellsword/battlemage. Got furthest in the MQ with this guy.
    Khajit thief.
    Imperial legionnair.
    Altmer mage. Finished the Mages College questline with this guy
    Argonian assassin.
    Orc barbarian.

Next one will be a Bosmer archer.

I just keep moving on because there's so much I wanna do. I WANNA DO ARCHER STUFF NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Cahoma View Post
    Actually no. I've got to the part where you just get Dragonrend, but then I made a new character. The only major questline I've finished is the Mages College. I spend all the time wandering around, doing minor quest and then I make a new character. And I've played for 85 hours.

I've played a:
    Nord spellsword/battlemage. Got furthest in the MQ with this guy.
    Khajit thief.
    Imperial legionnair.
    Altmer mage. Finished the Mages College questline with this guy
    Argonian assassin.
    Orc barbarian.

Next one will be a Bosmer archer.

I just keep moving on because there's so much I wanna do. I WANNA DO ARCHER STUFF NOW!
    I'm presently a Thief Archer Wood Elf and I'm loving it

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

And I haven't even tried the Thieves Guild questline yet, or barely done anything in the Dark Brotherhood. It's just gotta be so cooool.
    The only reason I haven't started it yet, is because I can't be bothered to do all that tutorial/beginning stuff again.