Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Skyrim Q&A [Ask Your Skyrim Questions Here! Spoilers]

Default Re: Skyrim Q&A [Ask Your Skyrim Questions Here! Spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by geyserik View Post
    I just had the quest where you have to lure an arcane priest to a shrine.
    then they wanted me to kill him I had a 2 handed weapon and I accidentally hit the woman that had me lure the priest there.
    I had to kill everyone does this affect the main quest? I think this was a side quest.
    You miss out on a quite nice ring, (+ a random encounter with a cannibal, and some comments from the guards about your smell), but it doesn't affect the main quest. If you're the cheating type you can use the console to get the ring.
    I think all characters important to the main quest (and children) are marked as essential, which means they can't be killed. Not sure if they can die after they've played their part, though. They probably can. If you want to harm/pickpocket/drink blood etc from children, you have to use a mod, that allows you to do that.
    Last edited by Visna; October 15, 2014 at 04:20 AM.

Under the stern but loving patronage of Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Visna View Post
    You miss out on a quite nice ring, (+ a random encounter with a cannibal, and some comments from the guards about your smell), but it doesn't affect the main quest. If you're the cheating type you can use the console to get the ring.
    I think all characters important to the main quest (and children) are marked as essential, which means they can't be killed. Not sure if they can die after they've played their part, though. They probably can. If you want to harm/pickpocket/drink blood etc from children, you have to use a mod, that allows you to do that.
    Thanks I just cant believe I accidently hit her and started that slaughter L.O.L. Then I get the message that I failed the quest.

Q: Should the Daedric Princes offer blessings since they apparantly do bless their followers ie Azura telling her followers some of the future.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by flatline115 View Post
    Q: Should the Daedric Princes offer blessings since they apparantly do bless their followers ie Azura telling her followers some of the future.
    It's not that simple.Unlike the divines deadric princes have different attitudes towards one another.And they are good and evil.Also their followers worship only them and no other prince.If it would work it should be sort like the constellations where you choose one and can't pick others.But still i think it doesn't make much sense lorewise. Azura if i remember correctly is the one of the few or maybe the only daedric prince to care for her followers.

Senator

Also their followers worship only them and no other prince.
    Yeah welll no....
    1.The Reclamations aka Azura, Mephala and Boethia are worshipped by the Dunmer.
    2.The shrines of them on Solstheim actually give blessings.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Yeah welll no....
    1.The Reclamations aka Azura, Mephala and Boethia are worshipped by the Dunmer.
    2.The shrines of them on Solstheim actually give blessings.
    Yeah forgot about those.Still they are limited to those three.It wouldn't make sense to worship both Malacath and Sheogorath or Mehrunes Dagon.

I need Soul Trap spell to fill black soul gem. Where can I get one as I wish to rid myself of vampirism(and how do I kill with it as it can’t be equipped to weapons?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Thos View Post
    I need Soul Trap spell to fill black soul gem. Where can I get one as I wish to rid myself of vampirism(and how do I kill with it as it can’t be equipped to weapons?
    Just make sure you have an empty Black Soul Gem in your inventory then you need to use either one of these bound weapon spells, provided you also have the correct perk.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I recently pickpocketed the Whiterun stable owner, and was noticed and attacked. I killed him in self-defense, but was confronted by a guard. I thought I had the money to pay my bounty I incurred through the pickpocket, but was also hit with murder. Is it illegal to kill in self defense if you provoked them non-violently? Also, can I buy his horse from someone else because he is dead? If not, would "stealing" the horse incur charges if he is dead or is it a matter of if there is a witness?
    Politics have no relation to morals.- Niccolò Machiavelli

A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.- Theodore Roosevelt

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.- Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DaCMan View Post
    I recently pickpocketed the Whiterun stable owner, and was noticed and attacked. I killed him in self-defense, but was confronted by a guard. I thought I had the money to pay my bounty I incurred through the pickpocket, but was also hit with murder. Is it illegal to kill in self defense if you provoked them non-violently? Also, can I buy his horse from someone else because he is dead? If not, would "stealing" the horse incur charges if he is dead or is it a matter of if there is a witness?
    If you pickpocket a NPC then kill the NPC in self defence, which technically isn't self defense since you violated the law in the first place by pickpoketing a NPC.

However, should a NPC hit you without violating the law then it is self defense and you can kill the NPC without being charged for murder.

Also, as a bonus, you can then legally loot the NPC's house after you killed the NPC, provided that the NPC has a key on the body, and even take everything the NPC had in the inventory.

The game will have full control of what's happening in-game. You can always check the Crime list via the in-game menu by pressing Esc then click on Status I think and scroll down to the bottom.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

In my defense, I had just found out about the feature and tried it, not knowing he would be so violent. Charging at me waving a battleaxe while I have my back to him was an overreaction. On another note, does this mean I can steal his horse "legally" or are there others I have to kill, because riding it is marked as theft when the action icon appears
    Politics have no relation to morals.- Niccolò Machiavelli

A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.- Theodore Roosevelt

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.- Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.-Thomas Jefferson

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Because of the game mechanics, the horse will be forever marked as "stolen" just like everything else you steal unfortunately. Of course, if you sneak successfully next to the horse and then hop on its back, no one will know, but even if you ride it to the other side of Skyrim and get off, it will be still be marked steal, and if anyone were to see you get back on it, you would still incur a penalty. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by DaCMan View Post
    In my defense, I had just found out about the feature and tried it, not knowing he would be so violent. Charging at me waving a battleaxe while I have my back to him was an overreaction. On another note, does this mean I can steal his horse "legally" or are there others I have to kill, because riding it is marked as theft when the action icon appears
    I know there are at least two horses in-game in which one can legally ride without marking it as stolen.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Near the road, north of Rorikstead, and closer to Dragon Bridge than to Rorikstead. There is also a hill/ridge next to the road and there will a horse be standing for the rest of the game, plus the player will find a dead bandit there.
    The other horse can be found in the northern region not far from the shores. Both these horses will not stay as soon the player climbs off the horse and enter a new nearby cell.

However, there is one small issue with those horses as they won't stay where the rider wants them to be and that's due how the horses is designed to act in vanilla.

Of course one can always create a mod and change those horses to allow the player to choose a *free* horse and ride them without having a single issue.