Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Semisalis

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

In my opinion they look great, very horrific

mr.blonde's Avatar Tiro

yeah i think they are great and they add flavour in the chaos roster, but tbh i cant wait to see the flagellants

Walk softly and carry a big gun

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Klierowski View Post
    I love all you'r units but this one don't look good... too much mutations with look stupid on MTW2 engine ...
    You are entitled to your opinion, but they look fine in game and while fighting. Models arn't great, but then none of mine are. I don't have the time to spend a week or two on each model and texture, I would never have the campaign I want to play finished.

Tuskgor Chariot (Beastmen faction)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Problem is I can't get it working in game properly. I have it in game and working, but textures don't show. Just have a silver texture. It's not a newb mistake where textures are not in the correct places or not there at all. I spent 3 hours last night being annoyed, re-doing model.db entries, adding them to different factions and tons of testing. Nothing worked. Will try again later this afternoon after we come back from a trip, but if I still can't get it to work I will need a volunteer to try to help and find out what the problem is. It doesn't seem to be recognising where the textures are even with it coded correctly telling the game exactly where they are. I also re-saved the texture and normal map several times. At the moment I am p1ssed off with it!

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

I don't know anything about coding just try do it like tiranoc chariots or ask Kolwen.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool chariot. Maybe ask Kolwen for help or other modder who is familiarized with coding like Gigantus. Maybe ask in the workshop section.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

That chariot is to be a ranged one, or melee?

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrak View Post
    That chariot is to be a ranged one, or melee?
    It is a light melee chariot, no ranged weapons. I'll probably make the Razorgor heavy chariot from 8th edition army book also. Trying to flesh out the beastman roster so they will be more interesting to fight against. They are just a nuisance at the moment (except overpowered minotaurs).

Currently the roster includes (lore/tabletop accurate from army book)

Gors with two hand weapons
    Gors with hand weapon & shield
    Bestigors with great weapons
    Ungors with spear & shields
    Minotaurs
    Chaos Trolls
    Chaos Ogres
    Chaos Giants
    Chaos Hounds
    Tuskgor Chariots

Anyway, they are fixed and almost finished. Need to add a few variant extras. I built the battlemod.db step by step again and found out the problem was setting them as mercs. Even with a merc entry in the .db still a silver texture. Not only that, the texture was then messed up. Game wasn't reading the texture the same as it would the other chariot in game, even with same coding and same size textures. I had to add in an attachments entry to the battlemod.db, which was a pain until I figured out it needed an extra 1 for no apparent reason after the last attachment entry. That file really is a PITA sometimes. But learned now and I can feel confident about adding more chariots at some point.

Last edited by Reiksfart; February 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Cool. I think chariots can highly benefit from the findings by Valiant Champion cause they always cause too few casualties and die so easily. Maybe reducing their radius can make them similar to how they work in RTW.

I don't remember how they work in RTW, haven't played Rome Total Realism since '05 I think. Great mod that, but really crap AI.

I've coded chariots so they hit then grind their way through slowly rather than speed through a regiment as though it wasn't there, sending them all flying or dead in an instant. Just working on kill-death ratio balancing vs empire halberdiers and swordmen. Like anything, they won't be a fire and forget battle winning unit, so the main focus for me is how the AI uses them. Even more important since they will only be usable by the Beastman faction.

Razorgor herd for Beastmen faction.

Semisalis

very nice ! cant wait for the release !

Nice work on chariots, really well done!
    How your work on Chaos Mammoth going? Did your tried it with scaled elephant animation?

I haven't touched the chaos mammoth for a while, but I learned something building the Razorgor, which uses the elephant animation (which was not a perfect fit and needed fully re-rigging and more). Will get around to it when I feel like it, but after a fairly long break from modelling I've felt the urge to create some new units while preparing something for my tester to test and give feedback.

Empire Outriders. Unable to give them the repeater handgun they are supposed to have (you know why- animation folder, devs - blah blah ffs) because there is no mounted animation for it. A normal animation would be too slow firing. So I have given them the unit champions upgrade choice of hochland long rifle.

Still a little tweaking to do and unit spacing needs to be larger.

Nice ! they look really nice !.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Cool, since they can be equipped with the long rifle, this is no big deal.

Eagerly awaiting this mod... halting 1.5 download until this releases =D

Keep up the good work.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

It is possible to see in next version centigors,beatsemn gorghon or Jaberslythe???

Funnily enough I'm currently working on a Centigor. Already tried last week and wasn't happy with the result. Then remembered your centaur model, so split that in half, cut off the head and still building it now. It's looking good, much more sturdy looking than thin horses. Whether I can get it to animate properly or not is another matter, but haven't reached that point yet.

I attempted a beastman ghorgon a couple of weeks ago but stopped to make easier models. I think I can do it, but I need a better minotaur head than the one used with the CoW minotaurs. Don't know if I can build one from scratch that would be good enough. I have your minotaur model but can't find the texture to use as a base for a new one. You still have that?

Jabberslythe, probably not. At least not until I can spare the time to spend on a single model, which won't be until my submod is released and I have it near completion. Animation would be a bit wonky too, would need to use elephant anim and do lots of testing and re-rigging of bones.

Thanks to T&D for his minotaur texture. Will work on Ghorgon sometime soon.

I have a request from anyone and everyone! While playing the campaign, if you fight a battle on a particularly fun map I'd like to know the coordinates so I can implement the map as a custom battle map.

To do this:

After battle hit the tilde (~) key, place the cursor directly at the feet of your victorious army then type in show_cursorstat

Write down the two numbers, no need for anything else. Example: 24, 105

PM me as many as you want. Thanks.