Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Chaos War Mammoth.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Massive work in progress, it's just the basic shape done at the moment, stripping away the med II elephant and re-building with new sides and re-shaping it for the warhammer mammoth look. If I can get this to look right, which will mainly be down to building the howdah correctly, it will be twice the size of a Med II elephant. Then there's the animation problem, or in this case the re-sizing problem. Since Yeoman is as helpful to submodders as a fork at a soup party, I may not even be able to re-size animations. We will see. Anyway, this mammoth is more of a side project for me, so progress will be slow.

(texture is an old one I made earlier this year and will be re-done)

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Empire Heir's and Middenland Heir.

What do you mean by that?

yyy... someone did say that nurgle demon mace looks silly i did think im answer under him .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Superb work Reik. Flagellants made me smile, I'm happy someone finally made them

+1

Some progress on chaos mammoth. Howdah structure mostly finished. Still need to add all the trophies, banners, shields and some kind of throne. Also still need to build the head and leg armour. Tonnes of small details, so no where near finished. Plus texture needs a lot of work.

The unit looks great, really great.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Great work for textures use concepts or pics from internet,maybe somewhere are even free textures for mammoths.

I think you models become better every time, nice job!

My sugesstions:
    As it shown in miniatures mammoth upper fangs directed up like bull's horns, he have spikes on the legs and belly, more bald patches with scars(almost half of body is bald) from battles and mutations.
    IMHO chaos mammoth's body should be closer to gorilla(bear, boar) then elephant. Legs should be shorter and more muscular.

Thanks.

I have a pic with the smaller tusks are pointing where they are on my model. Will be a variant anyway, one set pointing up and another down. As said, there's tonnes of small details to add, which includes spikes, chains, bald patches etc.

If I change the elephant shape much more it just won't animate properly. Legs are already 10% thicker than standard and the belly is deeper. Only so much that can be done without changing animations; something I was willing to work on but the CoW team (Yeoman to be precise) is not helpful and just ignores me when I request the original unpacked state of the CoW animation folder. THP unpacked the animations but they do not work with animerge, so no way to work on them.

Typing that has got me annoyed again... If I was modding for TATW I'd have the animation folder without a doubt just by messaging King Kong.

It's a great model, and I'm sure it will look even better when you finish textures and details. Imo it doesn't matter that it is smaller, since the unit itself is bloody great. Tought if you could get anims, that would be awesome.

In this case you did everything possible with current shape of model.
    Btw who will ride this beast(shooters) and how many will they be?

I added voices to giants and ogres but still have troubles with footsteps sounds, they definately will be in the next update

Damn you Reiksfart!

Pick a game on steam that you like and pm me your steam name. I will give it to you as a present. Thank you for all the work you do to add to this mod and merry xmas!

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Reik, you are my Oprah.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

yooz uh gurl? Dayughm!!!

A breakthrough concerning mammoth size. Looking in the descr_skeleton the CoW team have already included a scaled up elephant animation (1.5 scale). The current unused elephant in custom battles is still using the standard 1.0 scale. Tested in game and the new scaled up animation works..

What I'm probably going to do is completely rebuild the mammoth body and test small changes in game to see how far I can mold the body without ruining the animation. Then just merge the howdah in and work on finishing.

Also going to need to learn how to UV map using 3ds max, which I do have, just don't know how to use it. The mammoth is going to need a new uv map for the texture to look acceptable. Milkshape isn't good for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Galloper View Post
    Btw who will ride this beast(shooters) and how many will they be?
    Marauders I guess. I haven't read or even know where the rules are for chaos mammoths (anyone know?), but I'm pretty sure those are chaos marauders on the howdah and a chaos champion/exalted hero/lord sat on the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by boatie View Post
    Damn you Reiksfart!

Pick a game on steam that you like and pm me your steam name. I will give it to you as a present. Thank you for all the work you do to add to this mod and merry xmas!
    That's a very kind offer, thank you Boatie. Really no need though, this is one of my hobbies, something I really enjoy doing. I rarely play other games anyway. Merry Christmas to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by machotacoman View Post
    yooz uh gurl? Dayughm!!!
    No, but my wife is. Filipina's rock. So does the Philippines, been living here almost 5 years now. It's why I have so much time for modding.

Great news. Now you can make real chaos mammoth
    I remember when I played TATW there was a bug with mumakills(who also used scaled elephant animation I presume) when they die enemy units gets stucked in their body and continuing fighting with them.
    Can you check this issue in custom battle?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Marauders I guess. I haven't read or even know where the rules are for chaos mammoths (anyone know?), but I'm pretty sure those are chaos marauders on the howdah and a chaos champion/exalted hero/lord sat on the throne.
    I never read rules for them neither.
    Here's a pic from Forgeworld. You probably have seen it but Im posting just in case:

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Just awesome

A breakthrough concerning mammoth size. Looking in the descr_skeleton the CoW team have already included a scaled up elephant animation (1.5 scale). The current unused elephant in custom battles is still using the standard 1.0 scale. Tested in game and the new scaled up animation works..

Also going to need to learn how to UV map using 3ds max, which I do have, just don't know how to use it. The mammoth is going to need a new uv map for the texture to look acceptable. Milkshape isn't good for that.
    Man, that's awesome news. +1 for your work once I can.

By the way, I would suggest trying LithUnWrap for Uv-mapping. I found it to be pretty damn good for it, only thing is that comments and bone assignments will be lost during the uv-mapping, and needs to be done again. But other wise it's great, and if I remember right, it's free too

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

The Mammoth is going to look amazing when finished.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Merry Christmas to all.

Work on this has stopped for the moment, as I'm helping with the Sundering project. I'm honoured to say my Fantasy Battle system is being used for their mod, which is only helping develop the system further.