Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Yes but there should be an option to do so. If i can take every settlement in the deserts of chaos (when normally every army would mutate before getting to karak dum) than i should kick some elven ass. (Make them neutral (+ change the event with the cyrcle of light) ill just declare war )

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

I guess it would be possible to add a script that gives you diplomats back after the Storm of Chaos so you can do whatever you like, but I don't know how to do it

Ok, I have just tried pegasuss ingame and the animation seems to be messed up (well, partially). As paradamed have said earlier - wings stretch somewhere to the ground, very weird. The rest of it works right.
    Any ideas about what may cause this?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Reiksfart said that maybe it is because of the size of the model being different to the one that was supposed to be used with the animation in the CoW folder. Maybe if you try to change the size it would work. I think you can change the size by text editing only. I dont know exactly where to do it (dont know if it is done in the descr_mount or in models file). Maybe Reiksfart can enlighten us.

As far as I know descr_mount only affects unit height and radius that is used to simulate fighting, it doesn't change the dimensions of the model itself. So I'm afraid that dabbling with the model is necessary.

We can scale it in milkshape, no problem here. However, I don't think that's the reason. If it was due to wrong scale the model would be "sank" into ground. Wings should be ok either way, but they don't.

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The pegasus problem could be it hasn't been coded correctly in descr_skeleton. I have better things to do than try to find out the problem.

The CoW forums have been pretty dull in the absence of your teasers Reiksfart, wb

Good you are back Reiksfart. Was getting quite bored without your updates.

Splendid work being shown so far thank you very much for making it

Reiksfart, is it possible to merge animation packs? I know that animation stuff is damn complicated in M2TW, but still?

It is possible to add or merge any animations, with a lot of work in descr_skeleton. Problem is, as far as I know you need the original unpacked animation folder released by CA, which modders then build upon for each mod. Unpacking the animations from a mod is possible, but repacking them again so they are usable doesn't work(again, as far as I know and led to believe). Still yet to be proved otherwise.

So unless this can be proved otherwise, the original unpacked animation folder for CoW is needed. Good luck to anyone trying to get that, you will be ignored. Ask King Kong for the Third Age animations, he will send you a link.

I see. I'll try asking them on their russian forum, I think they just don't visit twc that often, they might have missed the request or forgotten about it.

No, they knew about it. I messaged the one who has the unpacked anims, who ignored me. Isilendil/werebear replied but was unable/unwilling to help. The Sundering devs were ignored too when that mod was originally going to be just a submod to CoW.

But good luck and I do hope Yeoman will at least reply to you.

They replied that for now they don't have full set of unpacked v1.5 animations, but they are going to upload it once they have it back, more likely with the release of a new patch. I think Yeoman has animations, but he hadn't shown himself on the forums for about a month.
    I don't know if it will be for public use, but I don't see any reasons for it not to be.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    No, they knew about it. I messaged the one who has the unpacked anims, who ignored me. Isilendil/werebear replied but was unable/unwilling to help. The Sundering devs were ignored too when that mod was originally going to be just a submod to CoW.

But good luck and I do hope Yeoman will at least reply to you.
    Hey, Reiksfart. I have all of the animations, 1.3 all the way to 1.5 if you want them.

They are unpacked and they work perfectly.

Can you upload the 1.5 folder please?

Citizen

Skeletons as well or just the animations?

Skeletons also please.

Citizen

Packing now.

Expect a pm.