Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Gig's version is the one I have installed. I haven't yet added some of his mini patches because I need to add his code to my files, but I will do so it is as stable as his release.

Reiksfart
    did you put some changes in giants skeletons to prevent ctd in night battles? Cause the giants do this stuff for most users. ctd i mean.

And about outriders. Is it possible to use rapidfire animation from darkelf riders for them?
    Nice submod btw. Looking forward for it.
    Last edited by Timorfeys; March 29, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

will ya realese this submod at some stage or this is only teasing?

Quote Originally Posted by Timorfeys View Post
    Reiksfart
    did you put some changes in giants skeletons to prevent ctd in night battles? Cause the giants do this stuff for most users. ctd i mean.

And about outriders. Is it possible to use rapidfire animation from darkelf riders for them?
    Nice submod btw. Looking forward for it.

Giants are back to being infantry. I personally had no problems with giants causing crashes, but as with the majority of elephant based units they are ineffective unless you overpower them. Half the time they stand around, face to the left then right without attacking. As infantry they constantly attack, and without killing dozens of men per hit, which I never liked. They have the durability and singular killing power to make them worth using and a threat to face.

Only issue that I still need to resolve is adding in the extra animations to allow them to push siege engines. Have someone trying to help, but if he can't figure out how to re-pack the animations successfully (we really need the original unpacked CoW animation folder so we can add in what we want) I'll have to leave it as it is. Just looks a little silly if they equip a ram or something. Preferable to being elephant based still.

I hadn't thought of the dark elf animation for outriders. I will give that a try, thanks. If it works I can give them back their repeater handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaksmiff View Post
    will ya realese this submod at some stage or this is only teasing?
    It is teasing, until it is released, sorry. It takes a lot of time and believe it or not I do have a life away from the pc . I'm doing my best.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    (we really need the original unpacked CoW animation folder so we can add in what we want)
    From which version?

I have animations dating back to 1.3

This campaign will be far more difficult because it is balanced around tabletop performance levels, so even marauders are not lame. They are every bit as good or better than Empire State troops. I will spend quite some time on coding new armies in the script so that there are very few repeat armies and all interesting to fight.

Marauder axe throwers have been axed though. Lame unit from mark of chaos which I never liked and chaos are not supposed to have. If I can find a new use for the model as another unit with different weapons I will use it for that.
    That sounds awesome! I'm really looking forward to your mod and I appreciate how closely you are following the tabletop game, which is the only real "canonical" Warhammer. Your work looks amazing.

Take your time with this! It will be excellent. Though if you do have a time table I would like to know
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; March 29, 2012 at 09:40 PM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    From which version?

I have animations dating back to 1.3
    i think giant animtions were in 1.3 but i am workong on unpacking anims, thanks to your help of course, way back when HP

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

1.3 doesnt have the war hydra animation. The best way would be if the CoW members would share their unpacked animations with submodders. We could include many other animations like the new animation and wolves released by Briarius. He was kind enough to allow for public usage of his animations (just need to credit him).

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    1.3 doesnt have the war hydra animation. The best way would be if the CoW members would share their unpacked animations with submodders. We could include many other animations like the new animation and wolves released by Briarius. He was kind enough to allow for public usage of his animations (just need to credit him).
    That's what I'm saying.

Whichever pack of animation you guys need, I can unpack them.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    1.5 has everything needed for war hydra and giants.

Yes, the best way would be with devs who help submodders, but as I have already posted, they are not interested in helping with that. Kolwen was also ignored when he asked for it when they started on the Sundering. Anyone would think we were in competition with them rather than just trying to improve on the great work they have already made.

But at least they are not like that other fantasy based mod who won't even allow submods to be made unless they approve (and they don't approve many by the looks of their submod section)
    Last edited by Reiksfart; March 31, 2012 at 07:16 PM.

Am I right in understanding you have managed to tone down the special units such as Bright Wizards, various spell casters, trolls etc to an acceptable level?

Is there any chance you could release those files to the public yet or point me in the direction of altering them myself? I understand your files probably contain changes pertaining only to your mod so far and all of the balance being modelled differently etc. so the latter is perfectly acceptable.

Reason being I have not really gotten past the first ten or so turns in my campaigns due to running into multiple enemy stacks of Vampire Counts (as an example) containing an assortment of Blood Dragon units, a squad of Necrarchs and the obligatory Skull catapult which altogether lays waste to my solitary starting stack in a few eye blinks! Not the most fun in my opinion.

You're correct, my coding won't be balanced at all with the original code. Some of it might even make it worse for you.

A quick fix for the overpowered wizard units would be to remove the area effect from the projectile files.

Find the EDU entry for the wizard unit and look for the ammunition type. In the case of Vampire Counts necromancers that is 'red water'. Search for that in descr_projectile then add a semi colon in front of 'area_effect aeset_greek_fire' as shown below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    projectile red_water

effect red_water_set
    end_effect red_water_ground_impact_set
    end_man_effect red_water_man_impact_set
    end_package_effect red_water_ground_impact_set
    end_shatter_effect red_water_ground_impact_set
    end_shatter_man_effect red_water_man_impact_set
    end_shatter_package_effect red_water_ground_impact_set

;area_effect aeset_greek_fire
    damage 25
    radius 1.0
    mass 0.1
    area 2
    ;affected_by_rain
    min_angle -80
    max_angle 70
    velocity 120
    ground_shatter
    body_piercing
    display aimed
    effect_only

I don't know how balanced that will be, but their effectiveness will be much lower. It is usually the ae_effects which have been overpowered.

For trolls I suggest you install Gigantus' version, which has toned down trolls and ogres. If you have that already and they are still overpowered (I don't know, never used his EDU) open up export_descr_unit, search for the unit..

Gigantus' troll

type Troll
    dictionary Troll
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type General
    accent Troll
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Troll, 4, 0, 100
    attributes sea_faring, very_hardy, frighten_foot, frighten_mounted
    move_speed_mod 0.9
    formation 6, 6, 14, 14, 1, square
    stat_health 11, 0
    stat_pri 30, 28, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, blunt, axe, 100, 1
    stat_pri_attr launching, area
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 20, 10, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 1
    stat_ground 0, 0, 1, 0
    stat_mental 28, impetuous, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 5, 7500, 1500, 100, 100, 7500, 3, 20
    armour_ug_levels 4
    armour_ug_models Troll
    ownership slave, turks
    info_pic_dir merc
    ;card_pic_dir allgemein
    recruit_priority_offset 30

Change the first 2 numbers in the bolded line. First number is main attack value and second number is for charge which looks very high still.

Reiksfart,

I refuse to lose weeks of my life to this mod until your submod comes out, when might that be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??? (well, take your time, I am still drowning in skyrim - by the way, can you take a time out from this and create dwarf slayer model for skyrim!!!!!!!!?)

By the way, great looking stuff!
    Last edited by boatie; April 02, 2012 at 07:54 AM.

Chosen of Chaos Undivided. Not in game yet, I still need to add more helm and shoulder variants.

Quote Originally Posted by boatie View Post
    Reiksfart,

I refuse to lose weeks of my life to this mod until your submod comes out, when might that be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??? (well, take your time, I am still drowning in skyrim - by the way, can you take a time out from this and create dwarf slayer model for skyrim!!!!!!!!?)

By the way, great looking stuff!
    Still can't even guess when it will be ready for an initial release, sorry. Once I have the next test version ready for the battle tester all that will be left to test and tweak will be Border Princes, adding in all character/general units and finishing up with rest of the artillery. Then all that needs to be done is descr_buildings, descr_strat and campaign script, plus extra jobs which won't need finishing for a first release like new unit cards for everything in game. Plus finish adding in new music and sounds and the new smoke effects...

Probably more I forgot about. Still lots to do and it is only me doing it. I like to think I'm a bit of a superman, but I'm really not

No chance of me adding a slayer to skyrim. I have yet to model in high poly, which would be needed for that. Beyond me at the moment unless I practice. No time and really no interest in other games at the moment. Last game I played was Crysis 2, which was well before I started modelling and this submod.

I'd really like to request a reduction in the Chaos Undivided unit roster. There's 4 types of demons, 4 chosen, 4 Chaos Warriors (halberd and 1-handed for Undivided and the god you united them under), 4 marauders, 12 kinds of cavalry, and three chaos dwarf units. There's almost no way to have anything resembling a "uniform" army unless I train specific kinds of troops manually.

Quote Originally Posted by machotacoman View Post
    I'd really like to request a reduction in the Chaos Undivided unit roster. There's 4 types of demons, 4 chosen, 4 Chaos Warriors (halberd and 1-handed for Undivided and the god you united them under), 4 marauders, 12 kinds of cavalry, and three chaos dwarf units. There's almost no way to have anything resembling a "uniform" army unless I train specific kinds of troops manually.
    Its chaos man they must have atleast 2-3 times more units than other fractions. There the bigest power in the warhammer world (chaos sorounds the whole planet it just has some dificulty geting in acording to the lore)

The best way would be separate recruitment buildings for each of the chaos gods. This way the player won't be confused when opening up the barracks to find 5 of each unit to recruit. Any not wanted can simply be removed by selling or not constructing the relevant building when they become Undivided.

I'll look into it when the time comes.

Chosen of Chaos Undivided. Not in game yet, I still need to add more helm and shoulder variants.

That is excellent! I was hoping somebody would do a Chaos Undivided Chosen unit.

Still i think thats stupid why should some 1 have to buy 4 buildings instead of 1 when he wants a really chaotic army?
    Why is having tons of recrutment units bad? If you want you can master all there stats in 5-10min and later it wont be a problem.
    Last edited by shadow_thief; April 04, 2012 at 06:47 AM.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Reiksfart, will the Grudgebearer infantry/cav be improved in your mod? Im always disappointed with them when i recruit them. Their supposed to be experienced mercenaries with kick ass looking armour, but really the infantry is weaker then empire swordsmen (and more expensive) and the Cav isnt that great either. Are they like that in the table top rules? The only thing I use I bother to recruit are the Grudgebearer cannons.