Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

It will only be compatible with it, that is what I'm using. Vanilla CoW with English voices would work too, but no one should be using that anymore with the new Galloper version released.
    Great news, glad to hear this

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Night goblin Fanatics.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Not finished yet. Before anyone asks, no it won't have the spinning animation. Not possible without supportive devs, and to be honest I might not be experienced enough to make an entirely new animation like that.

They won't be their own unit, they will be hidden in new units of night goblins giving the benefits of the fanatic unit and also in a way adding the negatives. Glass cannon type unit, giving the night goblins some more line breaking ability.
    Wouldn't it be best if the Fanatics where invisible among the ranks and only manifest themselves as a projectile model (and projectile casualty model like with the Doom Diver Catapult)?
    Making only those models should be a lot easier than also making an animated battlefield model, that in the end is only good for standing around and dying.

The carrier unit should have "all" the fighting power of a regular goblin unit with the bonus of being able to fire some devastating yet very inaccurate anti infantry rounds (don't know if artillary fire can be as inaccurate as to go sideways, but that would be sweet).

Love all your work, and I'm confident that you'll make the Fanatics a great unit to play with or against.
    Last edited by Scipio praeditus; March 08, 2012 at 10:18 PM.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

I really like your idea, thanks for the input. No idea how to add it all to game, but I will try to learn when I have time.

Thanks and reps.

Hey Reiksfart, can't wait for your mod!

Anyway, I like the projectile fanatic idea but would they be able to launch in melee? Otherwise you'd be unable to launch them once the enemy has engaged you. But this would make the night goblins tougher at least.

Are there any plans to do something with the Night Goblin bodyguards? I thought they were extremely dull to play with in the original. I recently increased their speed (as well as that of the squig riders) and made them cast spells (i changed the model to shamans) but that made them too powerful (couldn't find the right spell...). All the spells are overpowered. With the high elf spell for example, if you make the damage too high it'll burn through any unit but if you make it too low it won't touch tougher units (other than making them trip) but it'll STILL burn through weaker units... Maybe you can find the proper balancing?

Also, I think it'd be a good idea to add the trolls to the NG roster but I think you're already planning on that.

There is no God. There is only Buckethead.

Hello. I can't wait for it either, I just want to play a campaign. Still lots to do though.

No, it wouldn't be able to launch in combat, but if I were to add an extra night goblin unit specifically for the fanatics I could add their attack stats to the entire unit for close combat. Or something like that, I haven't thought much about it yet.

All bodyguard units will be improved and using a formula based on the hero or lord level character/general. I need to think of a new formula first, my original used the hero/lords stats only which resulted in a very good, sometimes overpowered unit. Fine on their own, especially when both armies had a general, but players are more likely to group generals together in an army, which defeats the purpose of a balanced and very challenging campaign/battles. So I'll likely take the average stats between the basic bodyguard unit and the hero/lord, which will still be good, but won't be so overpowered when grouped up with other generals.

All shaman/wizard type units will have new projectiles and will not be overpowered as they are currently in CoW. Think of them more of a basic but potent missile unit, with a huge amount of disruption ability. We're still working on finding the perfect balance, and I need to add in new ae_effects.

Yes, trolls, ogres and a giant will be part of the night goblin roster. I'm trying to make them more of a challenge to play against and they should be more competitive to play as, even without the trolls etc.

Wasssssup Reiksfart!

Please get your mod out soooooon so we can try it out for you!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by boatie View Post
    Wasssssup Reiksfart!

Please get your mod out soooooon so we can try it out for you!
    Hahahahahaha, I wished the same.

Semisalis

same here !

I would hope within a couple of weeks the entire EDU will be tested and approved by Pietrak. Once that is done I will start rebuilding the campaign script and testing for AI balance (AI vs AI auto resolve on campaign map), making adjustments and adding in costs and recruitment times/refresh times.

Also need to add in all the new firing effects for gunpower weapons, smoke, sounds and lots of other little stuff. Also some new campaign scripts.

Not all the models I had planned will be in, everything will be added with update patches once an initial release is out. Also have some news about the modeling. A good modeller who has some models used in CoW already has offered his new work to this submod. Judging by his work already in game it should be quality stuff. Will post pics as he finishes each and I add them to game. We (he) are also trying to work on the animation folder problem. If that can be solved there will be some very exciting new models added that I could not add in before.

Bucle_CT's Avatar Semisalis

...A good modeller who has some models used in CoW already has offered his new work to this submod. Judging by his work already in game it should be quality stuff. Will post pics as he finishes each and I add them to game. We (he) are also trying to work on the animation folder problem. If that can be solved there will be some very exciting new models added that I could not add in before.
    Tell me there're some fantasy creatures(gryphon, dragon, manticore or so) amongst them please

Looking good Reiksfart, I'm looking forward to bashing some Dwarves with Bloodthirsters/Daemon Princes again

Quote Originally Posted by Bucle_CT View Post
    Tell me there're some fantasy creatures(gryphon, dragon, manticore or so) amongst them please
    GREAT UNCLEAN ONE!!!!!!!!! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Bucle_CT View Post
    I'd like to see the Sundering griffons and manticores in CoW, but I don't think that will happen now because the CoW team were unhelpful to Kolwen when he requested help with the animation folder (same as me). Plus they now have their own official mod on TWCentre. Those worked very well and looked great.

Dragons, I don't think are worth the effort unless they are built like cavalry (same as manticores/griffons) so the main attack comes from the rider, with extra anims on the mount for visual effect. Otherwise the animations don't always fire and they stand (hover) doing nothing for periods of time. Walking dragons with flapping wings would be much better for the game engine also.

Daemon Princes might be in. I had them working pre-Gigantus 1.5. If I can get them properly balanced they will be included. Bloodthirsters etc I haven't even looked at since the original submod was released with them included. Will do at some stage.

Bucle_CT's Avatar Semisalis

That's what I mean. It could be requested permission from the sundering team to mod their gryphons and manticores for other races and the animations used to create new pegasus units as well. These creatures could feature well ingame in small units in numbers of 4-6 per unit.

As for the dragons, it sounds perfect to me making them walking units where the main attack is carried out by the rider (maybe, the dragon's breath could be the special ability).

Other creatures like hydras were already created by Feinar..I hope he comes back from Limbo someday and share with us his work...

Sadly my 3D modeling/animating abilities are currently very small(I'm in a VERY slow learning process using my little spare time), but I'm not bad at texturing. I wish I could do more to help

I'd like to see the Sundering griffons and manticores in CoW, but I don't think that will happen now because the CoW team were unhelpful to Kolwen when he requested help with the animation folder (same as me). Plus they now have their own official mod on TWCentre. Those worked very well and looked great.

Dragons, I don't think are worth the effort unless they are built like cavalry (same as manticores/griffons) so the main attack comes from the rider, with extra anims on the mount for visual effect. Otherwise the animations don't always fire and they stand (hover) doing nothing for periods of time. Walking dragons with flapping wings would be much better for the game engine also.

Daemon Princes might be in. I had them working pre-Gigantus 1.5. If I can get them properly balanced they will be included. Bloodthirsters etc I haven't even looked at since the original submod was released with them included. Will do at some stage.
    I beta tested for the sundering team and the manticores and griphons add a nice flavour to the game. I would prefer if the dragons used the same system as the manticores too. I wish we could have those units in vanilla cow. It would be epic. I even noticed the CoW team has a similar animation to the one used by The Sundering Team (created by Bluthand I guess) but when I tried to use it, it had a weird issue, the mounts will have a weird texture when taking off, like a pole in the middle of it and the wings would look weird. I think the war hydra animation is in the 1.5 animations folder too.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I beta tested for the sundering team and the manticores and griphons add a nice flavour to the game. I would prefer if the dragons used the same system as the manticores too. I wish we could have those units in vanilla cow. It would be epic. I even noticed the CoW team has a similar animation to the one used by The Sundering Team (created by Bluthand I guess) but when I tried to use it, it had a weird issue, the mounts will have a weird texture when taking off, like a pole in the middle of it and the wings would look weird. I think the war hydra animation is in the 1.5 animations folder too.
    And what is that system, could you explain?

Thanks for pointing that out. I now have the war hydra working in game. Just finishing up work on coding dark elves ready to send to tester. Good timing with that.

Whoever made that model wrecked the texture by welding parts of the model together in milkshape. Will try to find out how to repair that damage sometime.

What model did you use to test the flying animation?

Foederatus

If I remember right, in 1.44 had Daemon Princes but didnt have dying animation.
    Daemon prince got killed by cannon and next second it lays on the ground, no animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrak View Post
    And what is that system, could you explain?
    The one based on bluthand's animation which basically is a mount that takes off when running and lands when attacking or when walking.

Thanks for pointing that out. I now have the war hydra working in game. Just finishing up work on coding dark elves ready to send to tester. Good timing with that.

Whoever made that model wrecked the texture by welding parts of the model together in milkshape. Will try to find out how to repair that damage sometime.

What model did you use to test the flying animation?
    I have the sundering mod cause Im a beta tester but since I cant share the material you can try using the hyppogriph from the dragonborn mod just for testing purposes. That hyppogriph is based on the same animation used by the sundering manticores and gryphons, I think. Also there is the pegasus model released by bluthand if anybody still has that file.

Okay, I uploaded bluthand's file here. All credit goes to bluthand for this material. I only uploaded cause his link expired. It contains the pegasus animation plus a model and texture for a pegasus mount. Use the model to test the currently animation in cow. Just remember that in cow the animation is written fs_pegassus and not fs_pegasus.
    Last edited by paradamed; March 13, 2012 at 08:45 PM.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Reiksfart, havent posted here yet, but keep up the good work and i have been watching this thread very eagerly, my own basic edu modifications are ntohing to what your doing here.

good luck!