Thread: Crash fix

Default Crash fix

Hello!
    I've been playing as HE and experienced zero crashes, until i've reached certain turn. I could not go pass that turn because game always crashed. I have reinstalled whole medieval and now i cannot even load my save because of crash. I've applied 4gb patch and tried to lower graphics. I can normally play and start new campaings, but my save is not loading. Does anyone have solution for such circumstances?
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Crash fix

error log?

icenii's Avatar Civis

@Piwko44 Which turn, I,m about 220 turns in HE campaign and just 2 after battle crashes even in the 1.01 version i managed to complete campaign twice although other times i ran into the end turn bug, You are playing 1.5 beta right??
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

I have started new campaign, also as HE and noticed one corelation with previous save: I can play how long i want, turn game on and off, also i can load saves as long as i do not turn my pc down. I was playing yesterday from the beginning, and everything was runnin smoothly, today i am not able to load any of these saves.
    How am i supposed to post logs? Just copypast them or upload as file? Also i can upload these save files, maybe it will help at solving problem.
    Yes, i am playing 1.5 version of the game.

I am not %100 of this since I have yet to play 1.5, but in the downloads section for 1.5beta team member "tom doof" says that the 1.5beta is standalone and that you will get crashes if you try to patch it.

Now why they can't edit the file description on the page to say that instead of repeating it every few questions in the comments I don't know.

So am i supposed to not use 4gb patch? I will reinstall it and see if it helps, however i would want to restore my saves, conquering dark elves third time in four days will give me cancer

I feel your pain there. I got fairly close to wiping out the Chaos factions with my good old Stirling campaign until all of my saves corrupted. Walked away from the game until 1.5 came out. Pretty sure it's going to happen again when I get really into it.