Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim mods

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Re: Skyrim mods

Is there any mods that remove the invisible boundaries on the map? That could increase the modding potential a lot.
    You mean the boundaries on the very edge of the map?

IIRC it's not so much in need of modding but using the noclip command in the console.

Don't know if you heard but apparently someone did that days ago and found that both Morrowind and Cyrodiil are there but obviously empty and at a much much lower resolution.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Has anyone tried the Tytanis mod out?

It adds spells, craftables, items, and powers and it looks like it's constantly getting updated (v0.38 was out last night, today is v0.39).

I'm gonna give it a try soon, hopefully it won't mess with anything and cause a bunch of CTDs like some other mods were doing.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Tribunus

I'd avoid getting attached to mods, given that Bethesda certainly isn't done patching the game and we have yet to see a community patch released.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    I'd avoid getting attached to mods, given that Bethesda certainly isn't done patching the game and we have yet to see a community patch released.
    Yea that makes me not install any mods that effect the game beyond graphics right now.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    Those community patches tend to include most of the individual mods that add items,spells ,NPCs etc. ?

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    Those community patches tend to include most of the individual mods that add items,spells ,NPCs etc. ?
    Nope. They only include fixes for crashes, bugs, glitches, things of that nature. They don't add more to the game.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

It'd be very nice to see an alternate to the main storyline. One where you ally with the dragons.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

So I'm trying to use the mods but I can't set the skyrim folder do unread status (I can change to unread but it goes back to read only right after I exit the window). Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using windws XP and an HD partition.
    Last edited by Cat-astrophic; December 03, 2011 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by That_which_Lurks View Post
    So I'm trying to use the mods but I can't set the skyrim folder do unread status (I can change to unread but it goes back to read only right after I exit the window). Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using windws XP and an HD partition.
    What???

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    What???
    Here is what is happening: I installed the game normally and have been playing ever since, now I decided to install "killable children" and other mods, but they don't show up in the data files menu. So in the readme of said mod it says the following:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Go to: Drive Letter:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Skyrim
    Make the Skyrim folder un-read only.

However I can't permanently change that folder to unread only, as right after I change in the preferences it reverts back to read only.

Quote Originally Posted by That_which_Lurks View Post
    Here is what is happening: I installed the game normally and have been playing ever since, now I decided to install "killable children" and other mods, but they don't show up in the data files menu. So in the readme of said mod it says the following:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Go to: Drive Letter:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Skyrim
    Make the Skyrim folder un-read only.

However I can't permanently change that folder to unread only, as right after I change in the preferences it reverts back to read only.
    Have you been talking to some corsairs lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Have you been talking to some corsairs lately?
    I was placing the mods in the wrong folder

Found a tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LWqcHCfTx0. It's not really necessary though, but anyway.

This has to be the best mod ever:

(WARNING Crass language!!!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHvP...eature=related

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Holy ing hell I want that mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

AHAHa simple mods are often the best.

I want a mod that adds 10x the soldiers in the battles. Then when i besiege solitude I'm just going to call a certain pet, then sit back in cinematic view and enjoy the carnage.
    Last edited by Påsan; December 03, 2011 at 09:10 PM.

As good as the title track is, I just had to download this.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2101

If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Thanks for linking that. I saw that video last night and was hoping some kind soul would put it in the game.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Last edited by Bolkonsky; December 05, 2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: no nude mods

Tribunus

Agreed but most of them will probably be coalesced into different overhaul mods in the next year or so.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I dont really understand why people want the "Killable children" mod.