Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim mods

Default Re: Skyrim mods

Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Tribunus

The realistic water textures are nothing short of amazing, massive kudos to that guy, but I have heard a few people mention that they can be VERY taxing for lower end systems. In a way that the HD ground etc. isn't.

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

Anyone else excited for the lotr mod called MERP? They're planning to port over to Skyrim once they have sufficient tools.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middl...oleplaying-mod

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSmurfin View Post
    Anyone else excited for the lotr mod called MERP? They're planning to port over to Skyrim once they have sufficient tools.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middl...oleplaying-mod
    Oh. My. God.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

I keep going back to the XCE project for more, his/their work is pretty good in terms of making your character and NPCs look ALOT better.

I also started using the Skyrim HD mod but it seems as though it makes the game unstable. Since installing it I've had a pretty consistent CTD rate when I try and fast travel or sometimes even in combat. For instance I tried to fast travel to the farm/stable outside of Solitude 5 times today and each time it the CTD'd. Apparently the creator of the mod says that the LAA mod will stabilize it however that mod has disappeared from skyrimnexus at the moment.

@GoodSmurfin'

Yeah I've had my eye on MERP for years, a lot of people have, it's an incredibly ambitious project that more or less started when Oblivion came out...and now we have Skyrim. I REALLY want to see this mod actually release but I'm almost positive we'll never actually see a completed version.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    I keep going back to the XCE project for more, his/their work is pretty good in terms of making your character and NPCs look ALOT better.

I also started using the Skyrim HD mod but it seems as though it makes the game unstable. Since installing it I've had a pretty consistent CTD rate when I try and fast travel or sometimes even in combat. For instance I tried to fast travel to the farm/stable outside of Solitude 5 times today and each time it the CTD'd. Apparently the creator of the mod says that the LAA mod will stabilize it however that mod has disappeared from skyrimnexus at the moment.

@GoodSmurfin'

Yeah I've had my eye on MERP for years, a lot of people have, it's an incredibly ambitious project that more or less started when Oblivion came out...and now we have Skyrim. I REALLY want to see this mod actually release but I'm almost positive we'll never actually see a completed version.
    Oh you mean the LAA one that works with Steam? If you still want it or need it I have it installed and could pm it to you.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Oh you mean the LAA one that works with Steam? If you still want it or need it I have it installed and could pm it to you.
    I figured out why the LAA mod is gone from the nexus - it's b/c apparently there was some update to Skyrim 2 or 3 days ago and the update made it so that LAA no longer worked (IIRC it "locked" the .exe). However there's a workaround that I found here.

I'll try it out and see what happens.

EDIT: No change, game is still crashing when I attempt to fast travel.
    Last edited by VOP2288; November 24, 2011 at 05:57 PM.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Ah yeah I use that one now and it does the same thing, but just requires Steam to open up.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Civitate

Apparently though the little update is really messing with a lot of people (causing CTDs) b/c whatever changes they made to the .exe aren't very friendly with a lot of mods that tweak the game.

In other news, not only does fast traveling now cause my game to crash but I can't even take a carriage without it crashing. Guess I'm going to be forced to hoof it all over Skyrim now

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Have you tried this one?

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

4GB. It's working on my installation.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Civitate

^yeah that's the one I'm using now, absolutely no difference

Try this. Post DRM patch, instructions are in the readme zip.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2245256

Here's the DL link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MBBKAPTJ

EDIT: In case you don't read the thread I linked to: Remove the 4G files. Verify all files through Steam. Then follow the readme.
    Last edited by xcorps; November 25, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Civitate

^
    1. What readme? Are you referring to the one that comes with the Skyrim 4GB? If so that readme is more or less useless. I hope there isn't any more to the installation than extracting the files to your desktop and running the game through the 4GB exe b/c that's about as much info as it gives.

and

2. The files in the megaupload link are for a 4GB version of New Vegas

EDIT:

For anyone interested here's a mod that allows you to craft arrows (something that should've been in the base game IMO)

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1178
    Last edited by VOP2288; November 25, 2011 at 02:19 PM.

I'll be damned. The link in that megaupload went to a skyrim patch this morning, I downloaded it and ran it.

Ah, I see. The steampowered forum linked to a TES forum post which linked to the megaupload.

Sorry for the confusion.

All I ever wanted visually in skyrim:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=822

Civitate

I don't understand why Bethesda felt the need to "lock" the .exe

I mean I understand that doing so was meant to fight piracy but once again a developer/publisher shot themselves in the foot trying to fight the pirates (who admittedly probably already found a way around it anyway). Before they locked the .exe I was having such a ball and experiencing absolutely no CTDs, frame rate drops, and other technical issues - all the while using quite a few mods that made the game look soooo much better and even run smoother.

Now...

I'm lucky if I get to play the game for 15 minutes straight before a CTD.

Uninstalling the Skyrim HD mod helped a lot but I still get crashes and as I understand it even people without modded versions of the game are getting crashes too since the update a few days ago.

Hopefully this will be taken care of with the upcoming patch. Although I'm a little worried about this supposed patch b/c all I've heard about it are some details pertaining to the PS3 and Xbox 360 - not the PC (I hope it's not a console-only patch).

On the subject of mods, if you guys haven't seen it or tried it out give the glowing ore veins mod a try:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=193

It helps ALOT if you're smithing. Personally I did find it a little tough in the base-game to spot ore veins in the world unless you just happen to be standing right on one or came across one obviously placed in a cave or mine. This mod brightens them up a bit and makes them pretty easy to see especially at night.
    Last edited by VOP2288; November 27, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

crossing figures for big unofficial overhaul patch

Just waiting for a few of the armors from oblivion to make their appearance again....

I'm looking for mods that bring more realism to Skyrim. Yes, I know that Skyrim is a fantasy game but, even so, I think that several aspect of the game could be improved to make it more authentic. So, what do you recommend me?

Recon5000's Avatar Civis

first mod I downloaded is " NO NPC Greetings". http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=746

I always found the NPC greetings annoying in the elder scroll series, glad I found it.