Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Beta Release - FO 0.95!

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.9!

At this point, I think RTW is still better than R2. Every time I try playing R2 I get so bored. I hope that you can finish FO soon.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.61!

Longer battles for FO 0.9. Needs testing whether the elephants are not overpowered. Goes in FO/data and has to be renamed to export_descr_unit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice addition, what have you edited?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.61!

Gave them more armour, defense skill and 'shield in attack' usage points (stat_pri_armour and stat_sec_armour in some cases)). Also, after my trooprs ran away on few occassions (with and without general) making a maneuver, increased morale drastically (stat_mental). Cause they were fleeing no matter what if surrounded (troops all around them) even if they were full numbers and ageneral present.
    Last edited by Dracula; February 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM.

wow great mod

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Thank you for this upload Galigula.

I can confirm that the desposit download has a problem with the archive encription, while gamefront download does not start.

I'm going to test FO now, may I dare suggest someone with the rights edit the first post of Caligula to implement the Mediafire link?

Great job always!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Has development of FO stopped for now?
    Last edited by Stath's; April 13, 2014 at 09:16 AM.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Looked great.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Sorry! I've been pretty busy studying and stuff, and modding hasn't really been on my mind lately. Although, if I do end up getting back into it once my exams are done (which is soon), it will be on this project, since last time I played Rome 2 (admittedly in October), it looked broken beyond repair in several ways (and I'm also lost when it comes to Rome 2 modding). I can't really promise anything, though.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Sorry! I've been pretty busy studying and stuff, and modding hasn't really been on my mind lately. Although, if I do end up getting back into it once my exams are done (which is soon), it will be on this project, since last time I played Rome 2 (admittedly in October), it looked broken beyond repair in several ways (and I'm also lost when it comes to Rome 2 modding). I can't really promise anything, though.
    I know the feeling I had so many great expectations for RII I feel totally let down so I have not touched it since January instead concentrated on University
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; May 09, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Well, now I'm done with exams for another year I know full well that there are more important things I need to fix with my mod, but I've decided to do some tweaking to the map, my studies this year persuading me that I had it wrong in a few spots. Firstly, Sicily and India had too many regions. I know it's nice to be able to fight a mini First Punic War in Sicily, but five regions is way too much for such a small island! So I've removed one (Panormos). India could justifiably have loads of regions, but not when there is no Indian opposition to Mauryan rule. As it is, I basically had a large state with an unchallenged power base placed there. That would make balancing a nightmare, probably neigh on impossible. So despite my not really wanting to fiddle with India, I decided that two of the regions had better go (leaving it with six). I also removed Palmyra, as it really wasn't important until later. The regions I added are Uruk (because it was still important), Ireland (because the Scotland-Ireland situation was plain ridiculous), Nisa in northern Parthia (the first Parthian capital), and Chorasmia. To be fair, I haven't finally decided I'll stick with my changes, especially the Indian ones (this leaves India with fewer regions than Italy and Greece), so I may yet revert some of them. Anyway, some work has been done

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I think you are right about the Sicily, to have five regions there is nice when you playing Rome or Carthage but it is really to much given the map scope (just compare it with how much regions Hispania or Britania have). There is still RTR VII or FoE for punic wars
    About India maybe you could add some opposition to Maurians via minifactions.

Lots of independent Poleis in Anatolia I think, if your to remove some from Sicily

I'm tempted by various ones in Anatolia, but I don't think that realistically there's space for it. Though any of the Ionian cities, Lampsakos and Herakleia are definitely candidates. I'm not sure whether Paestum is needed in Italy, though. With India, the problem is that they did control all the territory they control on my map, and quite a bit more. However, they obviously didn't just have a western border to focus on, but also ones in the south and the east.

Also, I figure on reflection that Chorasmia isn't wise. Apart from anything else, it encourages the Parthians to go north-east rather than south! So I think I might chuck that region back to India.

I just discovered how excruciatingly easy it is to create patches once you know how... I could literally have saved myself hours that way had I known it before Anyway, expect a few more soonish, I've been tweaking the map and now I'm adding a couple of buildings which I hadn't got round to before.

Look forward to it

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Sounds good

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes!!