Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Beta Release - FO 0.95!

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.7!

If you can find me a free data storing service... it seems like Rapidshare have completely deleted my account for no particular reason, or at least their website is being singularly unresponsive... What do you mean you always get the same hmt file? You should be getting four RAR files of different sizes.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Interesting they also delete my upload of RG.

"What do you mean you always get the same hmt file? You should be getting four RAR files of different sizes". Yeah i know. I dont know what is going on. Always when i try to download from gamefront i get some htm file. It's not only your mod but in general. If we talking about free hosting sites i would recomend "Annonfiles" and "Depositfiles".

Thanks I've added some new download links

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

...And now I've also uploaded the 0.75 Patch This should greatly improve the playability of the mod, and fixes quite a few bugs as well. Here's the full change list:

-Balanced all Greek and Hellenistic units (except a few Bactrians, but including AoRs and Mercs)
    -Rebalanced/fixed the governments of all factions
    -Coded in the Marian Reforms
    -Added the Money Script
    -Tweaks to the map, including a new region in the Alpine area, and a better representation of the eastern Celts' territories
    -Placed phalanx reform buildings ingame and gave them UI cards
    -Reworked the government and colonisation info images
    -Fixed temple UI cards
    -Replaced the AoR Greek Hippeis unit cards, which showed it with a chest plate instead of a linothorax
    -Fixed various other UI card issues
    -Rebalanced the elephant units, and did various tweaks and fixes to the soldiers on them
    -Made the Rhodians' skin paler, as they looked like Indians!
    -Fixes to the Greek cavalry officers
    -Corrected some Greek names
    -Made the Veneti army Veneti (it was Gallic before!)
    -Some new campaign descriptions
    -Fixes to eastern ports esp. Barygaza
    -Overhaul to the already complete mercenary groupings
    -Corrected the Illergetes' AoR grouping
    -Stopped Nabataea from revolting to Parthia
    -Improved the Seleucid Bronze Shield phalanx
    -Also balanced two of the German units

Get it here!

P.S. if you are wondering, I couldn't attach it to the bottom of the post as the patch is now some 23.5 MB, whereas the limit to uploads on posts is 10 MB

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.75!

Great job

Thank you!

Got 0.75 and jumped in as the Romans.

I was surprised that I can't recruitment Italic troops at Capua at the start, so I dug into the EDB a bit. I saw two things that may or may not be problems.

1. The roman governments are listed out of order, with integration II coming before integration I, like so:

levels occupation_I_spqr client_I_spqr client_II_spqr integration_II_spqr integration_I_spqr province_I_spqr province_II_spqr
    2. There are two lines of requirements for upgrade of roman colony II to colony III, and they are different, like so:

colony_III_spqr requires factions { spqr, } and building_present_min_level government_building_spqr province_I_spqr and hidden_resource italy and marian_reforms
    colony_III_spqr requires factions { spqr, } and building_present_min_level government_building_spqr province_I_spqr and building_present_min_level hinterland_reform_building marius and marian_reforms
    I never did find out why Italic troops are not recruitable at Capua. Per the government description and the EDB, they should be available, shouldn't they? They start with a colonyII and a provinceI. If they need a colonyIII, that means they need the Marian Reforms, which means they can build reformed cohorts.

Thanks again for this. I love it. Even as a work-in-progress Beta it is great fun.

Thanks I'm glad you like it.

The first one is correct, as the integration_II is essentially the same as the _I, but it comes after the clients instead straight away. Luckily, the game doesn't count

The second is a bug, not because there shouldn't be two different condition sets, but because the second should apply to places outside of Italy, which isn't specified there.

The Italic units can't be recruited because they are coded in as elite factional units, which need the colony_III to recruit. This is, obviously, silly, and I'll fix it so they just need the second level. It also reminds me that I need to make sure the factional units are recognisable, probably through a tag at the end of the name like (Fac+)/(Fac-).

Oh, also, don't be deceived by the game's "Marian Reform" trigger. I just use it as a trigger to tell the game it's getting on and some new units should become available The real Marian Reform is a lot more complex. I'll need to change the text of the popup screen, though.

Actually, it occurs to me that it might be a good idea to stop the Italic triplex units from being recruitable from the start, as it means the player will actually have to rely on proper local troops somewhat, giving them a point. Besides, most regions were fairly freshly-conquered. I'm not sure on this, though. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Thanks I'm glad you like it.

The first one is correct, as the integration_II is essentially the same as the _I, but it comes after the clients instead straight away. Luckily, the game doesn't count

The second is a bug, not because there shouldn't be two different condition sets, but because the second should apply to places outside of Italy, which isn't specified there.

The Italic units can't be recruited because they are coded in as elite factional units, which need the colony_III to recruit. This is, obviously, silly, and I'll fix it so they just need the second level. It also reminds me that I need to make sure the factional units are recognisable, probably through a tag at the end of the name like (Fac+)/(Fac-).

Oh, also, don't be deceived by the game's "Marian Reform" trigger. I just use it as a trigger to tell the game it's getting on and some new units should become available The real Marian Reform is a lot more complex. I'll need to change the text of the popup screen, though.
    Ah, I figured it was something like the colonies, but I didn't know about the elite tag.

I saw the marian reform in the script (I'm a nosy SOB). I like it!

Yeah, it should work like in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Actually, it occurs to me that it might be a good idea to stop the Italic triplex units from being recruitable from the start, as it means the player will actually have to rely on proper local troops somewhat, giving them a point. Besides, most regions were fairly freshly-conquered. I'm not sure on this, though. Any thoughts?
    I agree. Maybe you could make Italic units dependent on a colony II, and don't give anybody a colony II to start.

ETA: nevermind what I just said.

Now that I see what you intended for Colony III, I think you might have it correct once you fix that EDB bug. As I understand it, you have it set up to allow recruitment of Italic units once a Colony III is built, and you allow a Colony III in Italy after the vanilla Marian Reforms, yes?

I like it. The vanilla Marian reform happens early enough, after 40 years or so, so this should work quite well. I'll try it and see.
    Last edited by Ballpoint202; February 03, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks for the new patch, have been eagerly awaiting this one.

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.75a!

I've uploaded a 0.75a Hotfix patch. It has some stuff I wasn't quite able to finish for the previous patch, and some bug fixes helpfully pointed out on this forum.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great work CC this is fast becoming my favourite...I don't understand where the masses are ?

Lol I'm probably about six years late for that But I'll make my mod as good as I can do anyway. Who knows? When I get to version 1.0, I'll get TWC to put it on their front page, and with luck, a whole lot of people will come and try it
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; February 04, 2013 at 04:53 PM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

When I get to version 1.0, I'll get TWC to put it on their front page, and with luck, a whole lot of people will come and try it
    You definately should do that I think that good promotion of the mod could do the wonders and RTR mods (including FO and ExRM) are not as good with this as for example EB or RSII. Not sure why but I have seen many people outside of the RTR forums asociating the mark RTR automaticly with RTR6/RTRPE.

dimnjacar's Avatar Civis

finally \o/

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.76!

New Patch

0.76 Patch
    (09/02/2013)

-Fixed "tabs" issue from previous patch
    -Finished the Mauryan Portrait Cards project including making some beautiful cards for the wives, daughters and sons
    -Made the Belgae and Gallic factions use the correct banners
    -Removed the banners which appear when there are no troops stationed in a settlement (I prefer it this way)
    -Changed some of the mini symbols on the strat map banners to more appropriate or better emblems
    -Gave all factions the correct banners for walls on the battle map (ugly and wrong Vanilla ones were used previously)
    -Sorted through the captain cards (seen on the screens before and after battles) so that each faction has ones like in RTR-VII
    I thought I'd release what I'd been doing the past week now, since I have essays to do this week, and so really shouldn't do any modding

Edit: I'm reasonably certain this is savegame compatible with 0.75a
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; February 10, 2013 at 03:57 PM.