Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Release - FO 0.95!

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.63!

Well, I guess that's a genius way to stop you from building either of the two I think I need to review build times a bit, they are a bit too high, though I personally prefer them to be high rather than low (economies don't really tend to build up quickly, unless there is some sort of technological innovation).
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Still can't start the campaign. Tried to install it with RTR VII and start the campaign with RTR VII's launcher. Crashes after splash screen. Also installed it in a different RTW folder, and created a RTW-BI.exe according to your instructions. Still the same result.
    I had installed 0.51 in the past and everything went perfect.Any idea what is wrong? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirionis9 View Post
    Still can't start the campaign. Tried to install it with RTR VII and start the campaign with RTR VII's launcher. Crashes after splash screen. Also installed it in a different RTW folder, and created a RTW-BI.exe according to your instructions. Still the same result.
    I had installed 0.51 in the past and everything went perfect.Any idea what is wrong? Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I had a similar problem at first. I had downloaded the four-part archive file and extracted it as instructed and it crashed where yours crashed. I finally realized that the four-part archive file isn't a four-part archive file, it is four separate archive files that each have to be extracted individually into the RTW folder. I felt . . . foolish.

I'll give it a shot later. Thanks in advance mate +rep.

Hehe, didn't I say it clearly enough? I'll edit it so it is hopefully clearer.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quick question are there kataphraktoi reforms for the Seleukids?

I coded it in so they get cataphracts at the same time as the vanilla "Marian" reform triggers, which turns out to be around the right time

Excellent, thanks. Does that include the Basileus Hetairoi ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Hehe, didn't I say it clearly enough? I'll edit it so it is hopefully clearer.
    It may have been a reading comprehension failure on my part. I should have known right away when the files were only 600 meg instead of over 2 gig.

Question: I have a loyal client state policy in Messana, and can't upgrade it to a minor city even though it has reached the population threshold. Is that intentional? I have several client states and it will really suck to be unable to grow them after spending 54 turns to build their government.

It probably is coded in that way, but come to think of it, it's a bit silly to have it like that. I'll get that changed.

This is my second unproductive day in a row thanks to this mod, and it's only a beta! LOL

I fiddled with the EDB a little bit to make the first two city upgrades possible under client I, and I made the proconsul palace possible under client II, but no client can become a huge city. I have no idea whether this is a good way to do it.

All of the factions were like this. So presumably none of the AI factions could upgrade any cities with client type governments. That could cause some problems for the AI, I would think.

Also, to upgrade to a proconsul palace, you need a forum, but you can't build a forum with a client government policy.

There are some other buildings that i can't build for some unknown reason: farms over +3, timber or iron industry buildings except for the lowest level of blacksmith.

Sounds like I coded some right garbage in the EDB

I'm not sure why you would need a forum for a large city - probably a relic from old RTR versions. I've set it to client II for all levels, since upgrading settlements is pretty important.

The highest level of farms is only buildable for regions with the grain resource, whilst the timber and iron import buildings should be there for regions without those resources. I seem to have used the tag "hidden_resource not_timber/iron" instead of "not resource iron/timber" without placing the hidden resources, though. I'll try using the latter coding, but otherwise I'll have to place the hidden resources if it doesn't like that. The blacksmith should be constructable once you have a certain level of iron import, or if you have build iron mines in the region.

Edit: I think I used that coding because regions might have moderate amounts of the resource without having enough to export it. But that's just getting too technical.

Turns out the game doesn't like negative conditionals on the first level of a building, so I'll have to add the not_iron and not_timber hidden resources after all.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Downloading the new version. Thank you

Hold fire there, I, uploading an update right now

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Hold fire there, I, uploading an update right now
    Great, did you read me thoughts about recruitment and Pezhetairoi for Seleukids?

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.7!

It is here!

I've decided to make this the 0.7 Patch, since the game has come on quite far since 0.6 - it is now properly playable, and most of the obvious bugs are gone (there is just stuff missing, and unit balancing is urgently needed, but the game is quite playable). Also, going through each number like 0.61,2,3,4,5,6 and so on would have got a bit confusing. And, of course, I had to compile 150 odd files for it

@Antiochus: I couldn't find them, so no, not yet
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; September 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

question: is it modfoldered!?

Yes

Hey man. Could you reupload to some other website than gamefront (rapidshare link is dead) couse i just cant download from there. Idont know why i always get some hmt file. Thank in advance.
    ps: I'm talking about full 0.6 FO not about the patch.