Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Release - FO 0.95!

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.61!

hey, i've been playing various different versions of rtr for a while now, decided to make an account just now

also is there any reason i cannot save game? so far i've tried germans, parthia and the indian faction and the save option is greyed out only rome has been ok so far

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Well it isn't intentional. I'll see if I can fix it as quickly as possible
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

ok thanks! i'll just play around in custom battles along with the epic battle music.

hey! its me again, not sure if you're aware of this already but war elephants seem extremely overpowered, especially in full gold cheveron state, destroyed a full macedonian army, roman legion and a german army, with the germans and romans i only used 5-7 units and lost 5 elephants aswell.

hope this helps with balancing out the game!

That's probably the case, the balancing needs a fair amount of tweaking, and not all units are on the same balancing formula (that is one of my priorities for the future). Though one shouldn't really be recruiting 5-7 units of elephants

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

haha i was playing some custom battles xD and good god the amount of ammo they hold, if the elephants don't reach the back of a macedonian wall of pikes on a bridge the constant shower of arrows sure will !

I downloaded yesterday 0.6 version but I cannot start the game with the RTR VII launcher. The splash screen appears for a while and then the game crashes. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirionis9 View Post
    I downloaded yesterday 0.6 version but I cannot start the game with the RTR VII launcher. The splash screen appears for a while and then the game crashes. Any ideas?
    did you put the Fo file in the same location as Rtrvii?

then you need to drag the BI version of rome onto desktop (the one that is in the folder containing both RTRVII and FO) then simply run launcher and type in FO in the play different mod area.

hope this helps.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mirionis9 View Post
    Create your own, but wait for Caligula to fix save game issue

That's strange. Does it work if you manually create the shortcut? (Edit: I see others beat me to it )

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.62!

0.62 is out, fixing the samegame issues and a few leftover UI cards

the save game issues seem to be fine now, played macedon and germans and have been able to save, thanks!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    0.62 is out, fixing the samegame issues and a few leftover UI cards
    GREAT

hey peeps, any reason the bellovaci are unable to create ships even with a huge city? wanted to conquor england first and whats with the building time on some buildings, some have 40+ turns

Hmm, no reason, that's a bug. For some reason, I disabled naval recruitment at some point and never re-enabled it. I'll sort out a fix for that.

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.63!

I've uploaded Patch 3 with the fix for the settlement CTD and naval recruitment. I've also got recruitment times more standardised and most Roman units on 0-turn. And some Mauryan character cards - I noticed I don't have any of the small cards, so there are two different portraits for each character now, one Egyptian and one Indian. But I've only fixed 10/72 of those so far

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    I've uploaded Patch 3 with the fix for the settlement CTD and naval recruitment. I've also got recruitment times more standardised and most Roman units on 0-turn. And some Mauryan character cards - I noticed I don't have any of the small cards, so there are two different portraits for each character now, one Egyptian and one Indian. But I've only fixed 10/72 of those so far
    thanks for the update! gunna download it now.

hi its me again (great this guy...) some buildings such as government, farms and roads still take stupid turns to build which also effects the ability to be able to build up an economy to fund millitary operations

also capua seems as though they do not want to expand into a large city, after 12000 people the option for the next city government building does not appear

It looks like the EDB file requires a level II Province policy for a proconsul palace to be built, but a level II province can only be built in a huge city.