Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Beta Release - FO 0.95!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Beta Release - FO 0.95!

I have not installed yet luckily, new computer, so fresh install of RTW is required too

Well done on the patch CC, Question, did you by chance fix the issue with the archers range? I noticed the enemy still gets oretty close before they start firing, also have you considered having the armor of the Baktrian Thorakitai retextured to look like scale rather than Maille? Just Curious

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I will try it as soon as i get home! Congrats!!

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

@b257: Archer range figures are longer than what I remember them being, but I don't remember getting round to changing them for this patch, so maybe I just improved the situation in the last or something. The tricky thing is that different archers should be able to fire different distances, but the hardcoded limit is 130 of whatever unit the game uses. That means that if you want the better archers to fire further, the lesser ones have to fire from shorter distances... I know RSII have managed to get past this somehow and will take a look at how they did it - and the archer ranges. In the meantime, I suggest you use your archers like skirmishers and put them ahead of your troops rather than behind. They're most effective that way, anyway, so long as you avoid cavalry charges.

@Stath's: Thanks mate
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

The new patch looks impressive. Congratulations on the release. I looking forward to try it but with the release of EB2, Bellum Crucis 7 and real life duites it seems a bit too much for me in the same time Not to mention I have a very interesting RTR VII Roman campaign started which I have not had time to continue for almost two months now

Ordered the original RTW and BI again since i lost these especially for the mod. It really looks impressive. I am eager to try it.

Thanks! I hope it lives up to your expectations!

University has hit me really quite hard this year, but I hope to get back into modding fairly soon, so I can finish off the last few factions

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Thanks! I hope it lives up to your expectations!

University has hit me really quite hard this year, but I hope to get back into modding fairly soon, so I can finish off the last few factions
    I guess Egypt is one of those to finish. I had a look on various settlements from various factions and Egypt lacks the unique buildings and wonders.

Nevertheless, the mod is awesome, especially like the map and the choice regarding settlements.

Good luck with University, i finished it long ago but sometimes wish i could go back

A Merry Belated Christmas (and an early Happy New Year) to everyone!

I was recently taking notes on a module I am doing on Alexander the Great, and decided to write a short piece on the Sogdian Rock for a slightly left-field wonder choice:

"In 327 BC, during Alexander the Great’s lengthy campaign to quash resistance in Sogdiana and Bactria, Alexander found that a force of 30,000 natives under the command of Oxyrates, an important nobleman, had taken refuge on the ‘Sogdian Rock’, a mountain fortress which was thought to be impenetrable. It was steep-sided, and snow at its highest reaches made the ascent difficult and secured the defenders’ water supply, whilst the natives were provisioned to survive a very long siege. Alexander, however, was undeterred and marched against it, inviting the defenders to discuss terms. These laughed and “in their barbaric lingo…told Alexander to find soldiers with wings to capture the Rock for him, as no other sort of person could cause them the least anxiety.” (Arrian, The Campaigns of Alexander, 4.19; c.f. Curtius, 7.11.5).

Alexander, however, sought out his best 300 climbers and offered lavish rewards for the first of them to reach the peak. These managed to scale the mountain under cover of darkness and with around thirty casualties reached the peak, above the Sogdian fortress. At dawn they waved down to Alexander’s men; Alexander now told the Rock’s defenders that “they might now surrender without further delay, as the men with wings had been found and were already in possession of the summit.” (Arrian, 4.19; c.f. Curtius 7.11.23-26).

The Sogdians were spooked (more by the unexpectedness of the sight than the threat to them, since only around 270 had made it), and promptly surrendered. Oxyartes was later made the satrap of Bactria, and was sealed to Alexander via the marriage of his daughter, Roxane, to Alexander. The sources claim this was a marriage of love, but it seems more likely that this was a political marriage; in any case, it effectively brought resistance in the area, which had held up Alexander for three years, to an end."

Mont's Avatar Tiro
    Townsville(home of the power puff girls) Australia

I like it, I like it a lot, excellent battles, great battlefields and vast beautiful campaign map. Thank you for such a excellent mod.

Mont's Avatar Tiro
    Townsville(home of the power puff girls) Australia

That little program that came with the mod, the one that lets you change the unit costs is great. Playing a game as Rome at .5 upkeep, very enjoyable. Also changed the farming bonuses x2, perhaps it needs it.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Is this mod still being worked on? Looks awesome.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Is this mod still being worked on? Looks awesome.
    I was going to ask the same.

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Architect of Doom View Post
    I was going to ask the same.
    I also hope this is still being worked on. I just got this successfully installed and I have to say I'm quite impressed by what I've seen already!

Where can I download this mod ? This is exactly what I was looking for.

Can someone please post a working download link? DepositFiles is and keeps breaking the download half way, and the other two are dead. Can someone post it on Meganz or Google Please? I can't get this mod otherwise...

Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Icon6 Re: Beta Release - FO 0.95!

Good afternoon. How do I install FO with steam? I installed as directed at the beginning of this topic. I do not know if in the case of steam there is a different procedure. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo71 View Post
    Good afternoon. How do I install FO with steam? I installed as directed at the beginning of this topic. I do not know if in the case of steam there is a different procedure. Thank you for your help.
    Hi Magoo71! The procedure for Steam is only a tad bit different.
    First, place the FO folder inside steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold.
    Then, navigate to your Steam library, right-click on Rome Total War, then go to Properties, then click "Set Launch Options" and a window will pop up. In that window copy the following : -show_err -ne -mod:FO
    Then click "Ok". And that's it! Remember, FO runs with Barbarian Invasion so when you click "Play" select "Launch RTW Barbarian Invasion".
    Have fun!
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator