Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: 4.0 Alternative patch (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

I know it should always have been like this, but it is difficult to make it.
    I have no skills in modelling or textures, the mountain model you see was created from a battlemap terrain and edited in photoshop, this is really difficult stuff to make. The shape and textures is all I could do.

The new Erebor
    [IMG][/IMG]

Erebor seen from Esgaroth.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 13, 2017 at 04:58 PM.

Looks very good! Great job Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I advise everyone interested to keep an eye in the 2.0 changelog, specially modders willing to use my content in their own mods in the future.
    hello leo, I have not understood this part well, I do not master English well. You could say the same with other words or in a simpler way so that you can translate it in google translate.

I'm working on a small project about your mod and I think it's important

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by nahun View Post
    hello leo, I have not understood this part well, I do not master English well. You could say the same with other words or in a simpler way so that you can translate it in google translate.

I'm working on a small project about your mod and I think it's important

Thank you
    Keep looking at the 2.0 changelog in the first post of this thread. I'm changing it eventually.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

good work leo
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

This is my dream -"Create new units based on the movies for the mirkwood elves, dale and OOG"

I would to ask if i can recruit other faction units when i took their settlements for example gondor recruit orcs ?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by enggraphice View Post
    I would to ask if i can recruit other faction units when i took their settlements for example gondor recruit orcs ?
    no you cant sorry mate

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Hi guys.

I've been absent for a while.
    Very busy with real life job and projects.

But next version of my submod is alive, don't worry.

ps: do you know de wae?

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

Downloaded and ran the patch successfully already. Read through all the change log information, and had some questions - apologies in advance if this covered in the rest of the thread or elsewhere. Do plan to read it all, but would like to get modding before that if I can - for my own use only of course per the rules.

In the change log for 1.3 its says:
    “No more sprites for units no matter the camera distance. (no performance reduction)”
    What does this mean? Especially as related to adding units from other mods to this one, which I assume can be done per established procedure, correct? (Like to add in some old AUM units from MOS1.7/others from DaC 1.2)

Any negative impact of removing “magic stakes” for AI, or is that gone already?

Understand changes to the recruitment/money system as stated, but any negative impact if the base 3.0 garrison script is eliminated? Or are the effects of 3.0 Garrison script feeling more balanced than before when it was common to delete it and should it be left in?

Screenshot size:
    In this mod the screenshot resolution is set to 1650 on tga_width in the opening .cfg file. Is that the highest you can go? I have 2560x1440. Could that be set then to 2560 on tga_width or is 1650 highest allowed?

Finally, continue to be impressed in general with this community’s abilities and thankful to Leo especially for all the long hard work that this patch must have taken. Been away from TATW mystique and magic far too long.
    Last edited by AWRA; February 04, 2018 at 02:31 PM.
    "I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AWRA View Post
    Downloaded and ran the patch successfully already. Read through all the change log information, and had some questions - apologies in advance if this covered in the rest of the thread or elsewhere. Do plan to read it all, but would like to get modding before that if I can - for my own use only of course per the rules.

“No more sprites for units no matter the camera distance. (no performance reduction)”
    What does this mean? Especially as related to adding units from other mods to this one, which I assume can be done per established procedure, correct? (Like to add in some old AUM units from MOS1.7/others from DaC 1.2)

Understand changes to the recruitment/money system as stated, but any negative impact if the base 3.0 garrison script is eliminated? Or are the effects of 3.0 Garrison script feeling more balanced than before when it was common to delete it and should it be left in?

Screenshot size:
    In this mod the screenshot resolution is set to 1650 on tga_width in the opening .cfg file. Is that the highest you can go? I have 2560x1440. Could that be set then to 2560 on tga_width or is 1650 highest allowed?

Finally, continue to be impressed in general with this community’s abilities and thankful to Leo especially for all the long hard work that this patch must have taken. Been away from TATW mystique and magic far too long.
    re no sprites this means that the units have no sprites which are little 2d images you get to see when you move the camera far enough

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Your work is breathtaking Leo, +rep

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    re no sprites this means that the units have no sprites which are little 2d images you get to see when you move the camera far enough
    Got it, thx.
    "I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

Citizen

Got it, thx.
    no problem I am glad I could help

If I can remember, there was a bug in vanilla medieval 2 causing srpites to show up even if you set the unit quality to maximum. So this is a fix.

What is a magic stake?

This submod does not eliminate the garrison script. It is still exactly the same from TATW 3.2.

Thanks all you guys!

I will release the new version of the submod probably in march!

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

If I can remember, there was a bug in vanilla medieval 2 causing srpites to show up even if you set the unit quality to maximum. So this is a fix.

What is a magic stake?
    Does your sprites fix require extra step or steps when bringing in new units from another mod?

Magic stakes: where AI can place archer stakes in mid battle, as if teleported there.

Found answer on screen shot resolution among Gigantus' stuff.

Citizen

What is a magic stake?

This submod does not eliminate the garrison script. It is still exactly the same from TATW 3.2.

Thanks all you guys!

I will release the new version of the submod probably in march!
    great to hear leo

Does your sprites fix require extra step or steps when bringing in new units from another mod?
    NO! No extra step.

This fix is actually very simple, it's just about changing a value in the config file (a text file in the main folder)

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

NO! No extra step.

This fix is actually very simple, it's just about changing a value in the config file (a text file in the main folder)
    Thx for info, look forward to your next release in March.

Hey leo,

A quick question about your FPOE/Arnor generic settlements for a personal mod:

What decides if the settlement battle map uses the Eriador version versus the vanilla Dale version?
    (They both have northern_european culture from what I can tell).

I also asked this question in the IWTE thread if you need a bit more background:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ic-settlements