Page 6 of 248 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow, Crith Ungol and Dwarven Fort (update 11/15/11)

The Dwarven fort really looks nice.
    Especially when one considers how few time you put into your projekts.
    Two questions though:
    Will it be possible to shoot over the walls with artillery?
    And can you place crossbowmen over the gates to directly shoot at attacking enemies?

Would be perfect if this was possible...

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow, Crith Ungol and Dwarven Fort (update 11/15/11)

I think it would be a good idea to place those settlements in the passes of the misty mountains and such places

700th post

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxăo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bungo Baggins View Post
    Will it be possible to shoot over the walls with artillery?
    Yes, bows and catapult and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bungo Baggins View Post
    And can you place crossbowmen over the gates to directly shoot at attacking enemies?
    No. I could have done that but due to the overall mechanic of the entire thing, would make no sense. The fort has only 4 walls, the AI take them down too quickly, your firing dwarfs would not last 10 seconds.

Nice one Leo

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The fort looks great! But pls fix the stretched textures in the other settlements. They are really an eye sore that break the realism of the structure.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

really nice, although i would recomend removing the catapult on the fort. i think in would seriously overpower it.

Very good Leo. Perfect work.

Just you need to improve hills and mountains. they are TOOO sharp.

And I don't like the weapon table at dwarf fort since it is only skinning, not a model.

Very nice addition with the Dwarf fort Leo. It would be pretty cool to see a few of these added in 3.0, in a few strategic locations.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

I love the fort...I think it should most def be added into 3.0

Hey nice settlements

Just some suggestions about the dwarven fort:

- Maby it should get more the look of a fortified merchant outpost. I think this would be more concerning lore since the dwarves don't leave their mountain cities to live somewhere else but to buy food and other ressources in the surrounding area
    - Maby you could add a saw mill, a granary and one or two stone houses

The dwarwen fort is really beautiful and very "dwarwen", stocky if you know what I mean. The texture is excellent, but the ridge on which it is is a bit too "geometric" in shape of its cliffs, though. Great job!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

What are those wooden constructions on the walls?
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow and Crith Ungol

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Omdat ze nog steeds niet door hebben dat het een kut spel is!

Because they liked that game!

kutspel indeed, vanaf ik TATW ontdekt had heb ik deze direct in de vuilbak gepiert

Anyway, nice settlements, awesome job there!
    Indeed there should be a lot more forts in the game, resembling ruins and fortresses to guard places like a mountainpass etc.

Weathertop and Dunharrow are very nice but Cirith Ungol will be better in the mountains of Mordor

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxăo!

Quote Originally Posted by Förster44 View Post
    What are those wooden constructions on the walls?
    Just some bauble I stole from vanilla M2TW setlements. Like a crane or something like this, just to fill the enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by Isildor View Post
    - Maby it should get more the look of a fortified merchant outpost. I think this would be more concerning lore since the dwarves don't leave their mountain cities to live somewhere else but to buy food and other ressources in the surrounding area
    - Maby you could add a saw mill, a granary and one or two stone houses
    I did it with intention of making a MILITARY FORT. With military function. And the simplicity of it really matches my limited skill to craft those things.

Now looking at the dwarf fort I really feel pain in my heart about the previous settlements textures, once now I know how to make no stretched textures.
    Anyway, in weathertop, there are not that stretched tought you can see different rock sizes due to improper UV mapping but not stretched giving discrepancy between axis x and y.

In Cirith Ungol, yes you can see serious stretching, but as I said one million times, YOU WILL NOT EVEN SEE THE ROCKS ON THE WALLS in the darkness of mordor. So makes no much difference at all.

The textures are now beyond my hands. It cannot be changed since I already "closed" the settlements. All I can promise is that I will keep crafting forts and you will see no more stretching in textures from now.

Suggestions for new forts are welcome.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; November 16, 2011 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Just some bauble I stole from vanilla M2TW setlements. Like a crane or something like this, just to fill the enviroment.

I did it with intention of making a MILITARY FORT. With military function. And the simplicity of it really matches my limited skill to craft those things.

Now looking at the dwarf fort I really feel pain in my heart about the previous settlements textures, once now I know how to make no stretched textures.
    Anyway, in weathertop, there are not that stretched tought you can see different rock sizes due to improper UV mapping but not stretched giving discrepancy between axis x and y.

In Cirith Ungol, yes you can see serious stretching, but as I said one million times, YOU WILL NOT EVEN SEE THE ROCKS ON THE WALLS in the darkness of mordor. So makes no much difference at all.

The textures are now beyond my hands. It cannot be changed since I already "closed" the settlements. All I can promise is that I will keep crafting forts and you will see no more stretching in textures from now.

Look amazing mate! Get some rep out the bag for you!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice work leo!
    Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Could you make Sarn Ford?
    It was a ranger outpost for guarding the Shire.

sebsebseb1234's Avatar Tiro

I really Love the Dwarven Fort!
    But I would suggest to add one or two buildings to it maybe a small Garrison and a small Blacksmith.
    Also the Hill wich the fort is ontop looks kind of strange.
    Jesus was nailed at the cross, Thor has got a hammer. Any questions?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Would you consider doing a more orcish version of the dwarven fort? As in one that has been used / captured by orcs and corrupted and wrecked? It would be perfect as the little forts in the misty mountains near moria.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Well done Leo!