Page 51 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4953

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Leo´s Settlements - Cirith Ungol 2.0 + The bridge of Osgiliath + Weathertop 3.0 + Argonath 1.1 patches

Sucess with Dain's Halls!!!

I feel like Doctor Frankenstein after giving life to his creature.

Now none of my settlements have pathfinding problems, all them are working very well. (That was the reason why KK did not implemented some of them).

After dol amroth, esgaroth, carn dun and dain's halls changings I think I can state that the AI can handle anything no matter how complex the settlement is, the point is just about adding inner walls on the city.

So layouts like the triangle pelargir are not a problem for us anymore.

Im stuck with minas tirith because Im trying to find a way to test it on the game, but Im 99% right that it will work (as I said, we can place the plaza on the 7th level now).

And Dain's halls gave me an epic battle in the tight corridors....

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Leo´s Settlements - Cirith Ungol 2.0 + The bridge of Osgiliath + Weathertop 3.0 + Argonath 1.1 patches

Cool! Could I make a simple request, pls? Do you think you could try to add a few more eyecandy to henneth annun? Could you also, pls, post some screenies of the new modifications (like the second layer of walls)? Thanks in advance.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Sounds great! I hope to see them in the next patch

Im stuck with minas tirith because Im trying to find a way to test it on the game, but Im 99% right that it will work (as I said, we can place the plaza on the 7th level now).
    Use the custom battle MT?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Cool! Could I make a simple request, pls? Do you think you could try to add a few more eyecandy to henneth annun? Could you also, pls, post some screenies of the new modifications (like the second layer of walls)? Thanks in advance.
    Whrite your requests for the future, for now, there is just too many things to be done. Just remind me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Use the custom battle MT?
    Nope, thats the mistery, there are different files of MT in the folders and I find the hidden ones but they just dont work well, they give me a bug.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Agree. Maybe you could make it look more hidden add the forbidden pool also?

Im taking all your opinions in count.

Happy new year for you all, Im leaving for holydays and will come back in 2013 to work more on custom settlements.

Bye.

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

Happy holidays Leo! You deserve it

Happy new year!

I am sorry if this a stupid question, but which settlements are already released?
    Happy new year!

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

The Argonath and Amon Sûl were are made by Leo and are Ingame aswell as esgaroth.

Default Re: Leo´s Settlements - Weathertop 3.0 + Argonath 1.1 patches

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post

I never thought I would say that but... I miss Devil's_Advocate.
    Last time we talked he was planning big projects, I hope he is not out forever.
    hi,
    I just wanted to say you should probably ask KK or me if you are doing huge changes to the settlements he or I created. In particularly I am speaking of Rivendell as it was one of the settlements that consumed very much time, and from what I saw you are really going to kill a lot of details; although I give people right, it´s not very well playable yet...

btw: i am not going to do any modding for this engine anymore. Maybe I upload the unfinished Bree and the even less finished Barad-dur, which corrode on my hd for a year now, so that people can finish it or do to them whatever they like.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    This is really good news, these new settlements are so badly needed. With Angmar and Dol Amroth done there aren't many settlements which truly need custom models. The only few I can think of is Tharbad and Fornost, as well as Annuminas. Maybe there could also be the Grey Havens, though that campaign-map wise and also battle-map complexity wise be basically impossible. The dwarves still need their own settlements for cities and castles. Also Lond Daer, though that can be debated. Some sort of custom settlement finally for the Dagorlad province may be necessary, a village isn't very fitting lore-wise.

Come to think of it, their are likely far more settlements that people can list that should be custom........
    Why are the Grey Havens impossible?
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    hi,
    I just wanted to say you should probably ask KK or me if you are doing huge changes to the settlements he or I created. In particularly I am speaking of Rivendell as it was one of the settlements that consumed very much time, and from what I saw you are really going to kill a lot of details; although I give people right, it´s not very well playable yet...

btw: i am not going to do any modding for this engine anymore. Maybe I upload the unfinished Bree and the even less finished Barad-dur, which corrode on my hd for a year now, so that people can finish it or do to them whatever they like.
    Sad news, indeed! I hope you will at least stick to the forums now and then. I think the community could benefit if you would pls upload these unfinished settlements. Who knows, maybe someone can carry on with the project now or maybe in the future.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

The grey havens are a massive, MASSIVE model, encompassing the entire bay. It's very complex, and would require too much work, possibly in the end requiring its own resource for the models, sacrificing one if the traditional resources in the game. The modeling work would be insanity. My fault, I shouldn't have said impossible. Just downright hard. This is all strat-map. Battle-map isn't impossible, not at all.

If you could upload your unfinished work for those settlements that would be awesome for the community. Happy Medieval II retirement who knows, may someone could finish it...

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That would be nice! It would be sad if the work you have done would be lost.
    It's a pity you don't continue. I hope you'll find the time to help other people who wish to make these settlements with your knowledge.

Can I make a suggestion/request?
    Have any of you thought to build Fornost? As a player you even may be able to rebuilt it like you can rebuilt Osgiliath. I know these pics (BFME & War in the North) are probably not very lore accurate but still I think it would be cool.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    The grey havens are a massive, MASSIVE model, encompassing the entire bay. It's very complex, and would require too much work, possibly in the end requiring its own resource for the models, sacrificing one if the traditional resources in the game. The modeling work would be insanity. My fault, I shouldn't have said impossible. Just downright hard. This is all strat-map. Battle-map isn't impossible, not at all.

If you could upload your unfinished work for those settlements that would be awesome for the community. Happy Medieval II retirement who knows, may someone could finish it...
    Who said they have to make 1v1 scale?
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

hi,
    I just wanted to say you should probably ask KK or me if you are doing huge changes to the settlements he or I created.
    That is quite clear since the beggining, no version of it will be released without the authorization of the original authors.

For the rest of the plans and speculations, I must wait a response from KK and see what he is planning and most impportant, IF he is planning something. As you know all depends on him.

And it would be really really bad If he says his work on this mod is also ended like DA, as Im now very excited with the possibilities I just discovered about custom settlements. I love the mod and had plans to work on custom settlements this year since I will get some more free time. But working alone and with no idea about the use of my settlements on the mod is not really something I want to experience.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; January 02, 2013 at 12:57 PM.

So I am new and uncertain on some things. Am I correct to say that these settlement changes are not in 3.2? The bridge of Osgiliath is unusable in 3.2 right? Leo's changes are a submod you can download and use with 3.2? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Leo´s Settlements - Esgaroth 3.0 download

Everything about my settlements and how they could/will/are implemented in the mod is already explained in the thread. Use the search.

Update: New version of esgaroth, my favorite ever.