Page 22 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031324772122 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Preview: Extra custom settlements (update 12/27/11) Dain's Halls 2.0

what ever it is we are happy and can't wait

Default Re: Preview: Extra custom settlements (update 12/27/11) Dain's Halls 2.0

And only the files?

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    I don't laugh when making a map, when I play later on the map I made I may laugh but not during the process of making it
    If he will ever finish it

I think he is making Belegost
    Last edited by Ciloron; January 04, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ciloron-Celebmîr View Post
    I think he is making Belegost
    Wich didn't even exist anymore in the Third Age.

Hmm, i personally think it might be Annúminas, he already has some models for it from Amon Sűl.

Potentially Fornost?

Dain's Halls and Carn Dum look AMAZING

Dain's Halls is the best of leo right now (though the others look amazing as well).

...and I hope, the new settlement is Erebor

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

I don't think it's Erebor, it would make more sense to wait for The Hobbit before making Erebor, Dale, Lake Town and Thranduil's halls

I don't think it's Erebor, it would make more sense to wait for The Hobbit before making Erebor, Dale, Lake Town and Thranduil's halls
    Among others!

Yeah, I actually think the same but.....it's still a year far away just for the films!! (not to mention that, most porbably, Erebor, Esgaroth and the others won't be shown up till the second movie...and that's in 2013!! I need them befor for god's shake!! )

And wait one more year, or two ? I don't think so. M2TW is becoming old, and there is nothing we can do against that.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    And wait one more year, or two ? I don't think so. M2TW is becoming old, and there is nothing we can do against that.
    Nelduin is right. It is not like the hobbit is being released next month. First part of the hobbit is one year away and we dont even know if we will see those cities in the first movie. The second part will take 2 years. It is not like we are elves and have all eternity to wait.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxăo!

yes, Erebor and Lake Town probably in 2013, wait 2 years? I dont think so. However, I did not said Im working on them.

Its interesting how people see things. Carn Dum is technicaly my best settlement, in therms of models and texure (actually the textures are a miracle, I dont know how I did it, maybe luck), because my skill in textures still the same since 2010 when I started mmaking these things.

People fell in love with Weathertop... why? Its just a bunch of cracked walls in a hill. But it gives imersion, because its a known place, brings memories from movies and feelings and all.

The same for Dain's halls. Its so simple, nothing new except the statues (wich are actually made by KK, not me) and the waterfall (made by D_A). But it also brings imersion, the two statues in the entrance, the big one in the center of the settlement with the sun light shinning in it, makes you feel inside a cave. The light effect in the statue is the main feature in the settlement, I just made a hole in the roof (testing some times until find the right sun rays angle).

Yes, it is the way people like things. The next settlement will provide both imersion and technical quality (at least I hope so), if I manage to finish it.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; January 05, 2012 at 09:09 AM.

Carn Dum looks great, but in the screens doesn't show the right dark, cloudy, dusty (and maybe snowy) environment which could make the feeling and the immersion perfect. Perhaps if you have done some changes about that aspect in your game you should update the screens ? so I believe more people will feel its real originality and atmosphere .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I think when people see Carn Dum in the appropriate climate they will see things differently. Also I notice the big complaint about Carn Dum was the fact that you cant position troops on walls.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

In D_A's Minas Morgul you also can't put troops on the wall, and it's still alot of fun to fight in it, so i don't see the problem with that.

what's with barad dur?

Indefinitely Banned

I'd just like to see more of the generic Elven settlements

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    I'd just like to see more of the generic Elven settlements
    So ... why don't you just fight in them then?^^
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Indefinitely Banned

Elven settlements seem to be the standard Gondor settlement from waht I can see, just slightly reskinned N. European vanilla Med2 settlements.