Page 243 of 248 FirstFirst ... 143193218233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248 LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 4953

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Libertus

Default Re: Alternative patch 2019 (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Someone else helped me to fix this, and though I can't be 100% sure everything is fine (difficult to test), I think I have a 99%.

Thanks!
    Im going to test it when v2.8 is out
    Sorry for my bad english im german

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Hey leo did you know about this mechanics (description on the right):https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...14-23-47-18-38
    Could be interesting for hobbiton or others paceful cities..

Wabout Smaug?

Isn't a cool model?
    Last edited by nadalio; December 19, 2019 at 04:19 AM.

Laetus

I'm wait to v2.8

Dear Leo,

Merry Christmas! I hope everything is going good for you. I recently could return to play a bit of third age and was displeased because MOS which I used to played is still discontinued and has some gaming issues that I don't know how to fix, specially with some costume maps. I tried some other mods but were not of my personal taste for several reasons. One of my complains is the balance. MOS and DAC and almost all submods have this great unbalance where elves, dwarves and good factions are so OP and evil are trash.
    For me this ruins the experience, as it's not like this in the books or the LOR movies. I loved third age vanilla Ballance where they were powerful but not gods. Playing them made them feel real, while keeping clear they were better warriors. But not invincible gods! Then I remembered your mod, and remember it was vanilla oriented. Plus you are the best creator of custom settlements and other. So I saw it clear!

I have tried your mod an I have enjoyed it much. I can give you some feedback in some little things in case it helps you. The Rebel in Cool places is a nice idea, but in my campaigns the rebels spawn again shortly after defeating them. I've seen you assigned them a low probability in the campaign script but in my games they even reapered the turn after! I don't know why they do this with this haste. Also, I like that you updated the music ingame, but there's this track from the movies that continues to play in battle. It's very stressful and I find it nice for the peak of the battle, but playing all the time I found it tiring. It's my opinion anyway, but maybe it helps. Also, updating Gondor soldiers models with MOS or DACs would be nice.

In conclusion, I enjoyed a lot your mod. It has all the good from vanilla that I miss in other mods but with the best custom maps, updates and other. I thought I wouldn't like to go back to vanilla map but I really liked your version. Specially what you did with the Misty mountains, I love it.

I am also writing you because I played as isengard. To do this, I adapted my Followers of the White Hand mod for MOS to work in Alternative Patch. This makes it optional to convert isengard religion to Followers of the White Hand (uruk) both for player and for AI. This is reached after several conditions (getting the ring for the player) that can be changed. It also adds the option to profit from burning Fangorn at the risk of an ENT invasion on isengard, as happened in lore. The mod is fully working in AP, even better than in MOS, I had no issues. I thought that since it's already working for AP I could tell you about it an offer you the possibility to include it in you mod. I think it would suit perfectly for several reasons:

- it gives more depth to isengard play, enabling you to really experience what Saruman was planning, to bet on two horses, play with others and alliances to finally get the ring for himself and rule for himself.

- it works for the AI if desired, so this brings a third block of power to the game: good, evil and Saruman, fighting for his own. This is also very challenging if controlled by the player.

- it is all fitting to lore, actually being isengards play more lore accurate.

- Alternative Patch is described as what you think would have been in a future Third Age release. I think they intended to do this and this is clearly seen in the files, where I found the FoWH religion pips, with the white hand image. They were not made by me, but where in vanilla, so I think they had plans for this.

- it is already operative and working after adapting it to AP.

So I offer you this. Think about it without pressure and feel free to tell me if it doesn't fit your mods plan. I can also give you my files if you want, this way you can download it and test it first by yourself to find out what you think about it.

Anyway, thank you for your mod and your cotinued contribution to the community. I wish you good holidays and Merry Christmas.

aetiusaetius
    FOLLOWERS OF THE WHITE HAND - Isengard Submod

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by aetiusaetius View Post
    Then I remembered your mod, and remember it was vanilla oriented.
    Yes, my sub mod has no changes in the ballance regarding unit stats, except for one small edit here and there, and they are described in the changelogs, nothing that could really influence ballance.

The Rebel in Cool places is a nice idea, but in my campaigns the rebels spawn again shortly after defeating them. I've seen you assigned them a low probability in the campaign script but in my games they even reapered the turn after! I don't know why they do this with this haste.
    Nor do I. I've asked coders about this and they said the randomPercent line works fine in the engine, though it always seemed bugged for me. As you said, they spawn too much even on low %. So in my last release I changed the command, now Im using generate_random_counter. If the problem is still, then I dont know what to do.
    A single coder told me randomPercent is not reliable, though he never gave me further information.
    Also, I like that you updated the music ingame, but there's this track from the movies that continues to play in battle. It's very stressful and I find it nice for the peak of the battle, but playing all the time I found it tiring. It's my opinion anyway, but maybe it helps.
    My submod add MORE music, this means you have vanilla + new music. If its not enough for you, you may try adding music by youself, its not complicated. I found myself satisfied with what I have for now, specially because I couldnt find more music that would fit in the game, since I only take music related to the movies.

Also, updating Gondor soldiers models with MOS or DACs would be nice.
    That would require careful comparison between what tatw 3.2 has and what MOS or DAC has, and deciding wich one is better. Something I have no timne to do now, and to be honest, its not that appealing to me.

As for the other proposals, maybe in the future I will take a look, not now, because Im not in modding season.
    I will soon release a new version but it wil only contain bugfixes.

Thanks!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hey, there seems to be a texture bug with the statues in Barrow-downs:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@leo yes, I found the balance to be very good. With the random generator I honestly don't know which one is better or why, it is out of my knowledge. As for the music, it's true it adds more music which I personally appreciate. Music is one of the the key factors for inmersión. Regarding the proposals, I understand your point. Just text me if I can help you in the future. And thank you for the mod and dedication!
    FOLLOWERS OF THE WHITE HAND - Isengard Submod

Quote Originally Posted by Flo78 View Post
    Im going to test it when v2.8 is out
    Brand new here, but I have played other mods (specifically PCP). Interested in checking this out but I can't get past the startup screen--ring spins for a while then instantly jumps out of the game. I know the TATW 3.2 was working fine before install. Followed these install directions very carefully, twice, but same thing happened. Any common issues that might be causing this?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Kellenpure View Post
    Brand new here, but I have played other mods (specifically PCP). Interested in checking this out but I can't get past the startup screen--ring spins for a while then instantly jumps out of the game. I know the TATW 3.2 was working fine before install. Followed these install directions very carefully, twice, but same thing happened. Any common issues that might be causing this?
    What does the "system.log.txt" state ?
    Sorry for my bad english im german

Hello Leo. Hennet Anun does not appear on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingartist21 View Post
    Hello Leo. Hennet Anun does not appear on the map.
    You mean the strategic map?

You mean the strategic map?
    Yes

Yes
    Its not a settlement anymore but a fort. Check it again, it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo78 View Post
    What does the "system.log.txt" state ?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:52:59.006 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:52:59.006 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    14:52:59.006 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:52:59.006 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:52:59.006 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:52:59.006 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:52:59.006 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:52:59.006 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:52:59.021 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    14:52:59.037 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    14:53:02.743 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    14:53:02.758 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    14:53:02.758 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    14:53:02.774 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 05, 2020 at 09:03 AM.

2.8 is out!

I installed 2.8. He throws it out of the game after the introduction. I applied all of the installation instructions
    Last edited by Kingartist21; February 20, 2020 at 03:21 PM.

I installed 2.8. He throws it out of the game after the introduction. I applied all of the installation instructions

What you mean with "introduction"?

try deleting map.rwm in data/wold/maps/base

Laetus

2.8 is out!
    Can you upload it to another download site. 2GB free download right. Submod is not enough to download. Is it possible?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Alternative patch 2020 (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

You can make a free account to download bigger files.

Libertus

Same here

What you mean with "introduction"?
    You start the game, the background with The third age TW appears, you get imediatly dropped back to windows before them menu appears.

map.rwm is deleted, system.log.txt shows no "error" entry.