Page 244 of 248 FirstFirst ... 144194219234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248 LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 4953

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Alternative patch 2020 (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

Well, I just completly reinstalled TATW 3.2 and my submod and its working perfectly fine.

All I can say is that MAYBE you guys are missing this bold part from the install instructions:

2) ATTENTION: AFTER EXTRACTING THE FILES, GO INTO SEGA\MEDIEVAL II TOTAL WAR\MODS\THIRD_AGE_3 AND CLICK WITH THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON OVER THE DATA FOLDER, THEN CLICK PROPERTIES, THEN GO INTO THE SECURITY TAB. NOW YOU NEED TO CHECK ALL THE PERMISSIONS FOR ALL GROUPS AND/OR USERS, OTHERWISE THE NEXT STEP WILL NOT WORK.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; February 25, 2020 at 09:18 PM.

Libertus

Ok, you are right after completly deleting and reinstalling MTW2 and the mod, it works.
    Sorry for my bad english im german

Quote Originally Posted by Flo78 View Post
    Ok, you are right after completly deleting and reinstalling MTW2 and the mod, it works.
    Actually, I reinstalled only TATW, not med2 itself, and I did it just to be sure.

The point is to do the permission thing as I explained in the previous reply.

As you can see the gold entry in descr_sm_resources has no has_mine line, and yet the mine wooden structure shows up over the resource in strat map when the settlement builds the mine building.

Code:
    type                gold
    trade_value            0
    item                data/models_strat/resource_gold.CAS
    icon                data/ui/resources/resource_gold.tga
    Whats happening here?

Libertus

I found a bug with the Balrog:
    1. the Balrog spawns beside and not in the settlement of East Moria
    2. The Balrog is invisible on Battlefield (in campaign), there are only two floating torches and one orc.
    Last edited by Flo78; March 08, 2020 at 11:20 AM.

I found a bug with the Balrog:
    1. the Balrog spawns beside and not in the settlement of East Moria
    2. The Balrog is invisible on Battlefield (in campaign), there are only two floating torches and one orc.
    1 - Yes, in my submod he is spawned in Halls of Moria custom tile, as you can seen in the even picture you posted.

2 - I'll check this, thanks for warning me.

Leo - first of all, thank you so much for making this!

For over a year I've been trying to post this, I made several accounts, wrote tickets to administration to no avail. But it finally worked this time

This TATW submod is simply the best, MOS has godawful turn times and DAC's map is so huge it's boring and unplayable.
    Please keep doing great job Leo, as your submod is so close to perfection

I would like to help and add some comments, if I may:

- I have been playing around and added some music (because music in this submod is really scarce and repetitive - I might even upload it), and upon rebuilding .dat and .idx sound files a few CTD bugs come out - related to sauron and balrog mounts not being present anymore - to fix it, their entries need to be removed from descr_sounds_units_ambient.txt, descr_sounds_units_anims.txt, descr_sounds_units_idle.txt and descr_sounds_units_march.txt
    - to fix northmen's culture awful UI vanilla-like tabs (seen in city recruitment, building and list of settlements tabs) you can just use stratpage_03.tga from rohans interface (ui/mesoamerican/interface) it works no problems

- I've been tweaking export_descr_unit.txt for my tastes for unit stats to be more consistent and make sense with how models look (while keeping changes to minimum)
    - I also added missing selection voices to export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt (like autonomy units or replaced that ROHAN LIGHT SPEEEEEARS guy)

So again, thank you for your submod, and I can't wait for 2.9 to come out, because I simply can't play if balrog and Arnor symbol are bugged xD

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    Leo - first of all, thank you so much for making this!

For over a year I've been trying to post this, I made several accounts, wrote tickets to administration to no avail. But it finally worked this time

This TATW submod is simply the best, MOS has godawful turn times and DAC's map is so huge it's boring and unplayable.
    Please keep doing great job Leo, as your submod is so close to perfection

I would like to help and add some comments, if I may:

- I have been playing around and added some music (because music in this submod is really scarce and repetitive - I might even upload it), and upon rebuilding .dat and .idx sound files a few CTD bugs come out - related to sauron and balrog mounts not being present anymore - to fix it, their entries need to be removed from descr_sounds_units_ambient.txt, descr_sounds_units_anims.txt, descr_sounds_units_idle.txt and descr_sounds_units_march.txt
    - to fix northmen's culture awful UI vanilla-like tabs (seen in city recruitment, building and list of settlements tabs) you can just use stratpage_03.tga from rohans interface (ui/mesoamerican/interface) it works no problems

- I've been tweaking export_descr_unit.txt for my tastes for unit stats to be more consistent and make sense with how models look (while keeping changes to minimum)
    - I also added missing selection voices to export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt (like autonomy units or replaced that ROHAN LIGHT SPEEEEEARS guy)

So again, thank you for your submod, and I can't wait for 2.9 to come out, because I simply can't play if balrog and Arnor symbol are bugged xD
    Thanks.
    Ill take this on note, though now Im so tired that I cant even start reading that alphabet soup. Just give me some time, Im exhausted with real life affairs.

Good luck

So while the author is hopefully figuring things out, and I hope he finds my "alphabet soup" tasty one day , I made a little sound "overhaul", if anyone is interested:

mirror 1 https://easyupload.io/ove0xj

mirror 2 https://ufile.io/sgkbxhfl

(Backup files included)

# What does it do?
    It adds more, more fitting and more diverse music (between factions and even between seasons - winter is nowmore somber). Battles included of course.

It also adds/fixes missing voices when selecting certain units on battle map (mostly autonomy units, but also makes wargoat riders speak with dwarvish accent etc.)

And finally it fixes northmen (Dale and Eriador) UI selection tabs on campaign map

#How to install:

1. Put content into the Alternative Patch's data folder (backup files included so don't worry)
    2. In /sounds folder make backup of events and music files (4 in total) and move them elsewhere (game will rebuild them)
    3. Start the game and be immersed

OPTIONAL BONUS

I also included separate changes to units that make their stats more coherent with how they look in game and their descriptions:

For example, hobbitry in arms are LIGHT infantry now, Lindon Longspears can form schiltrom - description says they can form 'defensive porcupine' (phalanx would be too op) , elite dwarven units are less numerous but tougher) etc.
    Mumakil, great beasts and trolls are untouched and still OP so have fun with them

I also added Tribal Spearmen mercenaries recruitable within Rhun

I hope you like it

Btw, to fix Balrogs invisibility, you need to remove "general_unit" from units attributes in export_descr_unit.txt

If anyone is interested, here is a little sound "overhaul" I compiled:
    (with more music, more diverse, even between seasons) + missing battlemap selection voices

mirror https://ufile.io/sgkbxhfl

mirror https://easyupload.io/ove0xj

Backup files included
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 11, 2020 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Quadruple posting.

Libertus

Found another minor text bug.
    Some trolls from Mordor have got no name:

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If anyone is interested, here is a little sound "overhaul" I compiled:
    (with more music, more diverse, even between seasons) + missing battlemap selection voices

mirror https://ufile.io/sgkbxhfl

mirror https://easyupload.io/ove0xj

Backup files included
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

Are you certain that different music for winter? I'm wondering because recently one member said it doesn't: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15881599

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

Are you certain that different music for winter? I'm wondering because recently one member said it doesn't: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15881599
    Hi!

You are right, I just tested it and winter music doesn't play after all :/ I should have known

Btw, sorry about that mess with posts, as I was quite eager to do so - as my name suggests

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You are right, I just tested it and winter music doesn't play after all :/ I should have known
    No problem! Only a few people seem to have heard of it.
    Btw, sorry about that mess with posts, as I was quite eager to do so - as my name suggests
    That's fine, you'll be able to edit your posts when you've reached the amount of 25 posts.

Found another minor text bug.
    Some trolls from Mordor have got no name:

I dont recognize this unit from my submod.
    These trolls look like the ones that are now used as bodyguards for general Sauron, but I cant see Sauron in the picture.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; March 11, 2020 at 10:15 PM.

where is hotfix files?

Quote Originally Posted by mloiuy View Post
    where is hotfix files?
    There is no hotfix for 2.8 version, and I just removed the hotfix part from the instructions text, sorry for this.

Im a little bit frutstrated that no one seems to be noticing the new ruins feature I added to my submod.
    Its the most genious idea I ever had for TATW.

I'm noticing it everytime I need some extra cash (although it's bit weird that they find treasure everytime they plunder the same place )

It's really, really good feature, otherwise map would be too empty. Reminds me of ruins in civilization/heroes of might and magic etc.

I'm noticing it everytime I need some extra cash (although it's bit weird that they find treasure everytime they plunder the same place )
    The idea is that the rebel army settled in the ruin took some treasure and hid there.
    You wont find any treasure just by walking your army over the ruin, there must be a rebel army there and you need to fight them.

It makes sense.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    The idea is that the rebel army settled in the ruin took some treasure and hid there.
    You wont find any treasure just by walking your army over the ruin, there must be a rebel army there and you need to fight them.

It makes sense.
    These features are Amazing!!

What about new skinchanger and uruk berseker as real berseker

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15887645

and new religions?