Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: 4.0 Alternative patch (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

leo:

Do I understand that your settlement creations for your 4.0 Alt patch are parallel efforts to Arkay's over at DaC, but that both submods cross-use some of each other's work?
    "I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If you'd like more ideas for new custom settlements then maybe Mount Gram and ruined Lond Daer?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Im happy I decided to improve Azanulimbar Dum. The old extremely dark textures are gone, it has now new models and the looks were mostly changed. Still the same layout from before. Preview is out.

Quote Originally Posted by AWRA View Post
    Do I understand that your settlement creations for your 4.0 Alt patch are parallel efforts to Arkay's over at DaC, but that both submods cross-use some of each other's work?
    Yes we share each other's work.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    If you'd like more ideas for new custom settlements then maybe Mount Gram and ruined Lond Daer?

As far as I know there is no settlement in mount gram, its just a mount, orcs don't build fortress. Or am I wrong?

Lond Daer would use generic gondorian buildings, maybe would end up cool but I'm a little bt bored of generic buildings.

As far as I know there is no settlement in mount gram, its just a mount, orcs don't build fortress. Or am I wrong?
    If it was said that "the Goblins of Mont Gram" had a King/Chieftain and they invaded the Shire, I doubt that they were just living scattered on top of the mountain but rather inside it. If they were capable of "... tunnel and mine as well as any but the most skilled dwarves, when they take the trouble, though they are usually untidy and dirty", then I think they would also be capable of making a settlement inside a mountain. Btw, in DCI:LA they can also build all castle levels above the ground aswell, though I can't remember now where are the arguments listed for it.

If it was said that "the Goblins of Mont Gram" had a King/Chieftain and they invaded the Shire, I doubt that they were just living scattered on top of the mountain but rather inside it. If they were capable of "... tunnel and mine as well as any but the most skilled dwarves, when they take the trouble, though they are usually untidy and dirty", then I think they would also be capable of making a settlement inside a mountain. Btw, in DCI:LA they can also build all castle levels above the ground aswell, though I can't remember now where are the arguments listed for it.

I dont think this is enough to justify the creation of a settlements.
    Also, I've came to the point where I can't mod anymore for now, I know that feelling from each time I was about to release a new update.
    The new version is ready. I'm just waiting for some files from another modder and then I will release it, next days probably.

Meanwhile, I will try to amend the terrain around GoblinTown. Just the terrain, to integrate it properly with the mountains and make it look more like Moria instead of an isolated rock dome, nothing great.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway!

I see from the log that you've abandoned this Ost-in-Edhil, why?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I see from the log that you've abandoned this Ost-in-Edhil, why?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I was afraid some of you would ask for it before I was free of my own pain.

I've made some STUPID, UNFORGIVABLE mistake and accidentaly LOST the files.
    I dont even want to talk about this because it makes me remember the pain I felt when I realized I should not be using shift + del all the time.
    Yes, I accidentally lost this version of Ost-il-Edhil.

So I decided to do something different. As it is explained in the changelog now. KK's elven large city always looked too "unique" to me. Specially the terrain, it does not look like a generic settlement that would repeat there and there. So I've made a ruined version of it and there is our new Ost-il-Edhil.

I was afraid some of you would ask for it before I was free of my own pain.

I've made some STUPID, UNFORGIVABLE mistake and accidentaly LOST the files.
    I dont even want to talk about this because it makes me remember the pain I felt when I realized I should not be using shift + del all the time.
    Yes, I accidentally lost this version of Ost-il-Edhil.

So I decided to do something different. As it is explained in the changelog now. KK's elven large city always looked too "unique" to me. Specially the terrain, it does not look like a generic settlement that would repeat there and there. So I've made a ruined version of it and there is our new Ost-il-Edhil.
    I know your pain, for the last 2 and a half months I have been painstakingly rebuilding the RK mod which I had inadvertently deleted and then hit empty recycle bin. At least I kept a changelog so I can go item by item and rebuild it.

What a tragedy!

Did you try a data recovery tool?

I tried somethinhgs...

Anyway eont worry about the whole submod. Its safe and have a backup. And its about to be released.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

So I've made a ruined version of it and there is our new Ost-il-Edhil.
    Mhm, that's a smart idea

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

From the changelog:

- Custom tile: Between Erebor and Dale (stratmap campaign, custom battle and reworked historical battle of the five armies)

It ended up being far better than what I first thought. Coolest custom tile ever. Total interaction between the cities of Erebor and Dale, with armies from both cooming to help each other and fight in the iconic battle of the five armies location
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; April 17, 2018 at 04:18 AM.

Sounds great.

Mirkwood custom tile with trees and spider web decor is an idea, and the two settlements in Eastern Mirkwood could have some simple custom settlements. Though they may just be caves and so not worth doing.

Also, if you aren't already, you can use the custom tiles in groups of instead of just one. So all the tiles between and/or around use the custom tile. I use your caves custom tile all through the mountain passes. Only 100 max entries are allowed in the file though.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 17, 2018 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Sounds great.

Mirkwood custom tile with trees and spider web decor is an idea, and the two settlements in Eastern Mirkwood could have some simple custom settlements. Though they may just be caves and so not worth doing.

Also, if you aren't already, you can use the custom tiles in groups of instead of just one. So all the tiles between and/or around use the custom tile. I use your caves custom tile all through the mountain passes. Only 100 max entries are allowed in the file though.
    Thanks for the info.

I'm actually finishing another custom tile, an epic one. and lore accurate 100%. Guesses?

Cool custom tile, rivercrossing like, a ford, like Argonath. Works pretty well.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Mighty scene that
    Is there a crossing over the river?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

mighty scene that indeed leo well done +rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Mighty scene that
    Is there a crossing over the river?
    Of course! It has perfect intgration with stratmap, there is a ford. I've made it to work exactly like Argonath.

And now I added a small script that will eventually spawn rebel units there, also in argonat, moria halls and erebor gates. So battles will happen in these places.

By the way this is the Falls of Rauros and its custom tile is located exacly where it should be in stratmap.

Amazing Fall of Rauros custom titles!

Can you preview as well of ruined Ost-in-Edhil?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.