Page 26 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: Preview: Extra custom settlements (update 01/21/12) Esgaroth

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    They were able to build indestructable walls-_-
    Don't ask me how though, how does one form a wall of undestroyable rock
    Seems kinda hard to get the straight walls we see if you can't break parts of it.

Also, the Pelargir-structure doesn't seem that hard to make, humanity has created much more astounding things in a way more primitive state then the Numenoreans
    Fair point- we have one up on them in some ways, they have one up on us in others.

and yeah, those islands could be created in more large-scale versions of what has been done in Dubai, most likely.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Also, the Pelargir-structure doesn't seem that hard to make, humanity has created much more astounding things in a way more primitive state then the Numenoreans
    The pyramids, the great wall, etc

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

yes stuff like that

murvaidavid's Avatar Libertus

Somebody pls tell me how to have Minas Morgul in custom battle...What settlement level and culture is needed? (v3.1)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

You can't sadly, also it's better to ask this stuff in the questions thread
    Here ya go: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...61921&page=402

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by murvaidavid View Post
    Somebody pls tell me how to have Minas Morgul in custom battle...What settlement level and culture is needed? (v3.1)
    It tells you when you scroll over the list of locations you want to fight in this case the Minas Morgul location, scroll over it with your mouse cursor and a box should appear telling you what Settlement Wall Size and Culture you have to play in for it to work.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Hadn't followed leo's work for a year or so, and I'm glad to see that his skills are at a new level
    I read here about Amon Sul and Dwarven fortress, but I can't locate any pics of them. IS there any different link?

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Just in case you don't know: Leo's Amon Sul is already implemeted in the 3.1 vanilla mod
    So you could at least check out that one yourself
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Hehe, this aexplains a lot; I hacen't played TATW since 2.0 early days(nor Have i played MedII generally)

Esgaroth looks truely great!

You're getting better and better...

murvaidavid's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post
    It tells you when you scroll over the list of locations you want to fight in this case the Minas Morgul location, scroll over it with your mouse cursor and a box should appear telling you what Settlement Wall Size and Culture you have to play in for it to work.
    I know but the only custom settlements appearing on my custom battle maps list are: Hobbiton, Edoras, Moria, Isengard, Black Gates, W Osgiliath, Minas Tirith, Hornburg, Dol Guldur, and Riveldell.

I have v3.1. Could there be aan additional maps pack that I haven't downloaded??

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Im tottaly against having more custom settlements in custom battles.
    It took so much time to make them, then when they are released you just go in the custom battle menu and play them all in a row tottally destroyng the imerson. Play it on campaign, have the ambition of conquesting them, let your curiosity make you wish to atack the settlement, keep the settlements as misterious places in your middle earth map, do not waste all the potential of them in just a few minutes playing them one by one in custom battles.

This is how I play. Except for tests I did, I never played a battle in weathertop, not even in minas tirith, I dont want to spoil the surprise, my 3.0 map is still a mistrious place to me, wich makes my campaigns far more interesting.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Im tottaly against having more custom settlements in custom battles.
    It took so much time to make them, then when they are released you just go in the custom battle menu and play them all in a row tottally destroyng the imerson. Play it on campaign, have the ambition of conquesting them, let your curiosity make you wish to atack the settlement, keep the settlements as misterious places in your middle earth map, do not waste all the potential of them in just a few minutes playing them one by one in custom battles.

This is how I play. Except for tests I did, I never played a battle in weathertop, not even in minas tirith, I dont want to spoil the surprise, my 3.0 map is still a mistrious place to me, wich makes my campaigns far more interesting.
    Try a Mordor campaign and you will play many battles in Minas Tirith and Osgiliath. Ultra fun to play. MT is cooler to attack but it is also fun to defend.

Could you maby make Lond Daer and Tharbad? They are two numenorean ruined cities and you could use kk osgiliath buildings. It would be fun to fight with ootmm, high elves, eriador and isengard in this cities.

ps: your cities look wonderful

Leo could you release a picture of carn dum with a unit inside? So we can shave a better impression of it's size.

I also have a question about settlement editor : I have almost no experience in modding, but I wanted to add another wall layer to dol guldur in a way it looks like it could have the vast laberinth of dungeons that gandalf described. SO my question is : do you think it's possible for a noob to make some minor change like this on a custom settlement (I think the answer is no but i'm not sure) without spending too much time? I also want to make it's second wall walkable.

This could also be a suggestion for your future work : make dol guldur look more like the vast laberinth of dungeons described in the books.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Isildor View Post
    Could you maby make Lond Daer and Tharbad? They are two numenorean ruined cities and you could use kk osgiliath buildings. It would be fun to fight with ootmm, high elves, eriador and isengard in this cities.

ps: your cities look wonderful
    That is a good suggestion. Considering they are kind of ruined adding those buildings could work well. I agree with you. Besides there are always plenty of battles happening there.

can this go with baron samedi's compilation?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Lets first Wait if it will be part of TATW.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Well... adding new walls is not complicated, it could be done in 2 hours of continuous work.

The point you guys must understand is that every custom settlement must be tested lots of times to see if the AI works well in it.

So when you see the way KK did Dol Guldur, before thinking about changing it, remember that KK is the most experienced modder using IWTE and he probably did it to be functional the way he could.

My first try with car dum was way bigger, but then I found myslef with some lines of walls tottally empty as there is no proper stuff to fit evil sttlements like these.

I have another settlement finisehd but I cannot release it until the AI is working well on it. And it is a real challange to understand why the stupid AI sometimes gets stuck.

Anyway I dont think I can help anyone with this, there is too many things involved, if someone wants to learn it, start here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323503

Still, it's strange to see very important fortress like carn dum be empty like this, when it was comparable to barud-dur (angmar beeing to arnor what mordor was to gondor).
    Honestly the texture of carn dum walls are just GORGEOUS, but appart this the settlement looks small and empty, while we are expecting one of the most impressive fortress of the third age.
    my suggestion is that if you want you to fill carn dum with more evil looking stuff (buildings, statue...) you could inpire you from this for exemple : http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti...428891-000.jpg
    carn dum was probably partly builded by evil men, who could have builded stone houses (evil doesn't necessarily mean living in a tent (think of white house of the USA) and statue to angmar. It might might be full of dungeons and cells. Of course, making those kind of thing must be terribly long and complicated (even impossible for noob like me), but if you want to fill the fortress, then it's probably the solutions.

But still the settlement looks great like it is, it's just a little too small and empty for the fortress it is.