Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Alternative patch 2018 (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

Yes.

Thats my final decision after meditating about this.
    Even my previous dwarven settlements had not much changes from one level to another.
    This is due to many reasons.
    Firstly, this layout comes from a Teutonic Knight cvanilla castle, and with the change I did in heighs, seems to me the better option for a dwarven settlement. Bigger places would need to be filled with more structures, something I dont have. I actually dont like houses and generic buildings for dwarves. I think that towers and bunkers make more sense.
    Large serttlements using vanilla medieval layouts is not something I would like to see for dwarves.

Besides, the dwarves build their places underground, the more you develop a settlement, the more they dig, and thats not somehting you can see on the surface.

Considering that this new settlement have undestroyable/not reachable walls and that they will be used for all levels, including towns, now we will see dwarves having really strong settlements, which is a faction advantage.

Silvan Elves army finally ready.

If there was a thing I never liked in TATW Vanilla was the silvan elves units. Not that they were poorly made, but I never liked the style. Too many colors, a true carnival, plus one or two poor model/texture here and there.

Its completly changed now, and matches the movies.

I never change unit stats but this time I had to make really, really small changes because the silvan axeman is gone and a sword/shield unit took his place. Anyway just a small change.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice, did you make them yourself?

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

Leo, all this stuff you're working on is absolutely amazing! I can't wait until you unleash all these cool new things upon the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Nice, did you make them yourself?
    Helmets for the main units you see in the pictures were made by baz. I only created the textures for them. Body is a modified vanilla one, shield and sword came from another submod.
    Im making models and textres but what I've been really working on is taking stuff from other modders and implementing in mine.
    But I'm making improvements and creating new stuff. The unit you see in this Picture, for example, no one else has it, exclusive from my submod, though I think other submods will adopt it when I release.

Quote Originally Posted by El Monstero29 View Post
    I can't wait until you unleash all these cool new things upon the world.
    Me too man...

I'm getting to the EXHAUSTION POINT, something I know very well after so many years of modding, a few more days of work and I will have a colapse. I really want to stop modding and start playing my own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I really want to stop modding and start playing my own stuff.
    You know as well as I do that as soon as you get knee deep into your own game you're going to see something and think to yourself, "I could just tweak this one little thing..." and then many more modding sessions later you'll delude yourself into thinking you're ready to play again. And thus the cycle will repeat until the end of time.

In all seriousness, I'd hate to see such a monolith of Med 2 modding, such as yourself, burn himself out! Play another game for a day or two!

Quote Originally Posted by El Monstero29 View Post
    You know as well as I do that as soon as you get knee deep into your own game you're going to see something and think to yourself, "I could just tweak this one little thing..." and then many more modding sessions later you'll delude yourself into thinking you're ready to play again. And thus the cycle will repeat until the end of time.
    Its true...

The good side of all this is that TATW keeps being reinvented over the years. 2019 has entered and I'm about to release A LOT of stuff that could be considered essential for the mod progress due to its "movie" nature, besides new animations and settlement models.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Originally Dale and Eriador were made by Krechet, and High Elves and Silvan elves were made by shredder two fairly inexperienced modders. King Kong completely remade Dale, DisgruntledGoat/KK remade Eriador and I remade the High Elves, none of us got around remaking the Silvan Elves so they remained the lowest quality roster/unit models in Third Age. I had originally planned to remake the Silvan Elves by splitting them into Mirkwood and Lorien but unfortunately never got past the planning stage.

On a side note I think the pauldrons on the banner carrier are assigned to the wrong joint, I believe they should be assigned to the upperarm joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    On a side note I think the pauldrons on the banner carrier are assigned to the wrong joint, I believe they should be assigned to the upperarm joints.
    Yes I tried this and the pauldrons went flying because of the banner carrier animation.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

leo.civil.uefs

lothlorien elves with mirkwood elves shields?It's a bad idea. DaC lothlorien and mirkwood elves Is beautiful. You are planning Add it mirkwood elves Fraction?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    leo.civil.uefs

lothlorien elves with mirkwood elves shields?It's a bad idea. DaC lothlorien and mirkwood elves Is beautiful. You are planning Add it mirkwood elves Fraction?
    Ayy there we go again

Leo, amazing work man, really love it!

The existence of a third elven faction is justifiable. Lorien has its own ruler and she is not the kind who hear orders from anyone else. Elrond, Thranduil and Galadriel are suitable to rule their own factions each one.

However...
    The archers we see arriving at helm's deep were sent by Elrond (Haldir says he bring word from Elrond), though they came commanded by Haldir, who is from Lorien, indicating that all elven realms are actually only one.

Thats the weak point about creating a faction for Lorien. They are more like a civil realm in mirkwood, not really propitious to have an organized army. Look at the elves you see in Lothlorien in the movie, no armor, no heavy weapons.

That sindar archers models we have in TATW (the ones that shows up in helm's deep in the second movie) though, are too good to be wasted and I'm not going to use them for mirkwood elves. I'll follow the movies, they were sent by Elrond, so they are high elves.

Thats it, I'll stay with two elven factions.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Dutch-Balrog

yes, leo is cool man

Last edited by Khevsur; January 08, 2019 at 02:25 PM.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

I mean, the whole elves at Helm's Deep wouldn't make sense no matter where they came from, Isengard's forces were halfway through marching towards the Hornburg when Elrond decided to send the elves, who were literally more than 20 times further away, and elves are not super-beings at all who can march over a thousand miles within 2 days.

But yeh as in designs, i do like what you're going with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    I mean, the whole elves at Helm's Deep wouldn't make sense no matter where they came from, Isengard's forces were halfway through marching towards the Hornburg when Elrond decided to send the elves, who were literally more than 20 times further away, and elves are not super-beings at all who can march over a thousand miles within 2 days.

But yeh as in designs, i do like what you're going with.
    Yes. All about the design.

By teh way RELEASE IS NEAR... drums in the deep...

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Tip regarding the deleting of map.rwm after installation: you can provide a zero byte size file of the same name in your download which will force the game to generate a new file. Simply use 'new file' in Notepad and then 'save as' map.rwm (all file setting) to create the file.
    So simple that hurts. Thanks.

Spent the last day trying to upload 2.3, got some problems in the hosting site, still trying.

Meanwhile, I'm playing a Orocarni Dwarves Campaign.

Matter of fact, I dont think any mod ever had such detailed models in med2 engine. My new dwarves are the best units ever created for this game, and yet this is not my merit since I used weta textures and models from other modders, si Im mostly a collector, not really a creator. You guys must see it, its epic.
    Not to say about the new troll officers (cant stress announcing we have a troll playing drums in some units now). Final results of the silvan elves are also pretty good.

Unfortunatelly, I never got any answer from that guy who made the helmets for gundabad army for BFME2 mod, maybe he will answer me some day but I will not wait for him.
    So gundabad will remain with vanilla 3.2 units, except for the trolls, I've completly changed them, and the snow trolls look particularly cool now.

Default Re: Alternative patch 2019 (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

Bad. Ass.

Hi, the submod looks incredible, but i why can't download it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fodax View Post
    Hi, the submod looks incredible, but i why can't download it?

It will be available as soon as I find a working upload servisse.
    Mediafire stopped working for me.