Page 18 of 248 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Dimppa's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Preview: Extra custom settlements (update 12/19/11) Dain's Halls

am i only one who can't find Amon Sûl?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Why should I release it and share with you?

Those settlements are made by me... they are mine! Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!!! My precious!

As soon as someone who really knows how to implement them in the game, properly, manifest, I will.
    Bad news, there are like 5 people in the entire forum who know how to do it so it might take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by fishdish View Post
    Intersting what devils advocat would say to dains hall...
    (under the aspect that much work for leo was easier)
    Well, Dain´s Halls are what I would consider as "okay" but definately nothing particular aesthetic to me.
    I like the idea of water inside the cave as an atmospheric element, though things like the thin columns do not fit and create a weird look. I would also (partly) tighten the cave more, it looks too huge...

I think it is almost as good/"bad" as Moria, which I do not like btw.

However, the waterfall effect looks tremendous!

Thanks for you answer

I can smell some kind of postive review and a sneaky self promotion!(which is absolute legimate)

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

The "some kind of positive review" is probably the most positive one can get out of him neverless

Take it as big compliment leo

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

LOL this forum is funny.

The most cool thing in Dain's Halls is the hole in the roof... light only shines on the statue in a determined time of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    The "some kind of positive review" is probably the most positive one can get out of him neverless

Take it as big compliment leo
    At least I am not constantly posting useless comments...

Take the feedback as you want leo.

Aipe's Avatar Civis

dains halls is erebor (aka the lonely mountain) ?

because if yes i say whe wait another year until the hobbit movie gets here. but then again that may be a long time, i just hope the setlement is as awsome as it will be in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    At least I am not constantly posting useless comments...

Take the feedback as you want leo.
    Yes yes yes... both good and bad constructive fedback are apreciated, specially when it comes from another IWTE guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aipe View Post
    dains halls is erebor (aka the lonely mountain) ?

because if yes i say whe wait another year until the hobbit movie gets here. but then again that may be a long time, i just hope the setlement is as awsome as it will be in the movie
    No it is not Erebor, look in your strategy map, you will find it.
    Te hobbit movie will be divided in two. And the mountain will probably be shown only in the second one.Probably only in 2013, until then we could face economic apocalypse or even a meteor could destroy earth. I do prefer to have it now.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 21, 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

It's in the grey mountains in the north

Quote Originally Posted by Dimppa View Post
    am i only one who can't find Amon Sûl?
    I believe he pulled it out of the preview because it's already been included in the release of 3.0. Just my guess.
    Last edited by marceror; December 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Excellent job again Leo! I like the depiction!

Dains Halls looks great. Interior architecture and that hole in mountain idea are sweet.
    But those columns are really thin. Maybe they are not supportive but only decorative.
    Time is the killer.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

@Leo- must say the waterfall effect is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    @Leo- must say the waterfall effect is really cool.
    Yes it is really cool but it was created by Devils_Advocate, not me!

---------------------

The columns are thin, when you compare it to the entire enviroment. However, they are huge if compared with units.
    KK only used a section of olumns in moria, like if you was seeing a section, a horizontal cut. What happens after the cut until the roof? 2 possibilities, the columns continues until the roof or the roof goes down until the columns.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 21, 2011 at 01:54 PM.

Wow Leo, WOW
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah Dain's halls are awesome Too bad the waterfall effect isn't very good though compared to the settlement :
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs
    Yes it is really cool but it was created by Devils_Advocate, not me!
    It still looks cool. Hadn't really seen it in practice.... I recall a suggestion to DA on doing that....funny how the wheel turns.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Ok, I finally played my first battle in Moria. I have to say it was one of the coolest experiences ever. Somehow fighting in this underground settlement feels so immersive it is beyond explanation. It just feels so different. So my point is, Im glad Leo is giving the dwarves some love. I think I totally changed the way I imagined fights in a cave to be like. So I have to say Im really looking forward to check Dain's Halls. I really liked the concept. The torches aligned in the passages look so neat. The entrance looks more pompous than Moria and I like it with the statues. The waterfall is such a nice touch and I think the columns look fine, they seems thin but I just checked the pic with troops near it and they are actually very thick. The hole in the top of the cave is a very nice touch as well. Now I wonder how would you come up with if you will try to design Erebor, I imagine something as glorious as Minas Tirith but inside a cave.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

I think that Leo should leave more important settlements like Erebor to KingKong. Leo is VERY good at it, but i think that KK would make it just a little bit better hehe.

Don't worry Leo, you are the 3rd greatest in making custom settlements!