Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: Alternative patch 2019 (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

Congrats! Downloading now, I will leave feedback next week when my schedule allows.

The idea of a Belegost tile sound really really cool!
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

I can't wait to see what your next update will bring to TATW! Your mod is what TATW should have been, or at least, what it would have been had it continued development.
    I made an account just to post this comment and show my support because that's how much this mod means to me. It's such a pure work of art that I just needed to say thank you.

Granted, I do also have DaC installed and I switch between the two from time to time, but I'm finding that your mod is always what I default to. So again, thank you for doing this.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

My version of Mithlond

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Beautiful!

But I'd suggest to add more trees.

High Elves city and large city

I try download the 2.5 version. after I finish downloading it. I cannot open it. it said "no archive found"

someone sharing same problem?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dwyanzakaria View Post
    I try download the 2.5 version. after I finish downloading it. I cannot open it. it said "no archive found"

someone sharing same problem?
    Welcome to TWC, dwyanzakaria.

I just tried to download the 2.5 file and it went smoothly. It's about two Gigabytes in size by the way.

I don't know why it doesn't work for you, but there is more than one way to download from MEGA. I used the DOWNLOAD option instead of the IMPORT one, perhaps that makes a difference. I'm not sure I got those names right in English, as I see the MEGA site in Dutch. Go for the green button and should you get a popup at the end of the download asking for permission to save a file to your computer, you should grant it.

Good luck!

@Leo,

Those screenshots are looking very fine indeed. Great job.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    High Elves city and large city
    But you didn't like BFME buildings! It's a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    But you didn't like BFME buildings! It's a beauty!
    True.
    But I found out these are not as stretched as others I saw. They actually look pretty good.
    My first version of this generic elven city had taller buodings/towers but I ended up removing them after realizing that a generic settlement should not look more imponent than iconic lore places. Even now Im strudying ty]he possibility of removing some of the remaining towers, maybe they are too tall...

Anyway Im very happy with this new settlement, it uses a vanilla layout but the aesthetics will boost the immersion, its really cool to move your troops among these buildings.

I had another try into implementing NORWAY as an horde faction to use it in the new ruins feature but again no sucess. It is not easy as some say because you need to deal with many small details and have knowledge about other game features.

So again I beg you, anyone could please join me and take this task?Please.

Greath mod. Thank you Leo

Congratulations with 2.6 beta-release and some feedback(I know, I'm late, but late is better then never)!

Well, I'm torn on the new version...
    On the one side, I like most of new forts, except for wooden one(too simple), idea of specialized unique settlements, Dunharrow, Amon Sul and Henneth Annun as forts, and changes to "rebels in cool places" script. And your skills in crafting custom settlements are both magnificent and undeniable(aka - I absolutely love the new Mithlond!). Not sure about HE city, through - looks a bit too gondorian. Could use some buildings from SE cities and different walls, if elven style wall models exist(in DaC, I think)?

On the other side, 2.6 is beta and it shows... Lots of log errors, reports about bandit faction death at the first turn, broken stratmodels for Esgaroth, Black Gates, and Minas Tirith, etc..
    While I like the idea of specialized unique settlements, it (in my opinion) best used selectively for places far away from primary battlegrounds: Urabhaya, Wormcove, Fangorn, and similar, to give them some usage, beyond "lower taxes, build farms, toss some cheap militia to garrison and forget about them for next 80-100 turns". Otherwise, those settlements become examples of "Dunharrow problem" - too worthless to contribute, too costly to keep and protect. Currently, 2.6 beta map is somewhat overcrowded with them, especially Eriador, while some parts of Mordor were empty, and still empty. I fully admit that I'm spoiled by the DaC approach here - upgrade everything you can, unless it is known lore settlement, like Shire.
    Unique large city and stone keep models will be missed(I don't think they were larger then Minas Tirith). Also, Henneth Annun looks strange with Dunharrow stratmodel. From my research, it seems that only 7 unique fort models are possible to add, one for each culture. Maybe return one of unique forts to settlement status?

At last, for a long time I wonder - why Dale and Esgaroth units from TATW: Reforged were ignored, when bringnig Hobbit-inspired army to Dale in Alt.patch? They look very nice, and being adapted to fill Dale current roster would be even better. Is it permissions matter?

thanks all you guys for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by CalamariGhost View Post
    I like most of new forts, except for wooden one(too simple),
    dont even tell about this fort, man. I had like 4 versions of it before the final one and I still dont like it too.
    The problem is that the game has some rules (size to deploy amies, position of the walls etc), and this is the best solution I found. Its far from perfect.

Not sure about HE city, through - looks a bit too gondorian. Could use some buildings from SE cities and different walls, if elven style wall models exist(in DaC, I think)?
    The buildings came from BFME2 game. Yes, TATW 3.2 has elven walls and towers, but using them would require a effort Im not able to do at the moment, Im just too exhausted.

2.6 is beta and it shows... Lots of log errors, reports about bandit faction death at the first turn, broken stratmodels for Esgaroth, Black Gates, and Minas Tirith, etc..
    shhhh... forget about the log, these errors are normal and wont have any influence in the game.

While I like the idea of specialized unique settlements... Currently, 2.6 beta map is somewhat overcrowded with them, especially Eriador, while some parts of Mordor were empty, and still empty. I fully admit that I'm spoiled by the DaC approach here - upgrade everything you can, unless it is known lore settlement, like Shire. Unique large city and stone keep models will be missed(I don't think they were larger then Minas Tirith).
    My policy is to not have lots of big settlements around. That would offend the lore, like... opposing the lore settlements as they should be the only really big ones.
    I mean, I dont want to see a generic huge elven city around if it is not described in the lore.

Also, Henneth Annun looks strange with Dunharrow stratmodel. From my research, it seems that only 7 unique fort models are possible to add, one for each culture. Maybe return one of unique forts to settlement status?
    Its the best solution I found.

why Dale and Esgaroth units from TATW: Reforged were ignored, when bringnig Hobbit-inspired army to Dale in Alt.patch? They look very nice, and being adapted to fill Dale current roster would be even better. Is it permissions matter?
    My Dale units wer completly made by me in the beggining of this year. I dont fully know REFORGED units, because I dont have time to check everything from other mods, remember Im a SINGLE MAN ARMY modding here. Im not sure but I think the last time I checked reforged DALE units I didnt like them.

it seems like I wont get any help with the implementation of the horde faction to be used in my new ruins feature.
    I will add it as a normal faction then, though this means they will need a settlement in a isolated area of the map like papal states (sauron) has. This means one less settlement in the strat map. So be it.

About the forts, if you want, you can add more other different fort strat models to the campaign, all you have to do is create a fort start model that is "invisible" on the campaign map and place it in a resource. So that it will seem like the resource is the fort.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

I had another try into implementing NORWAY as an horde faction to use it in the new ruins feature but again no sucess. It is not easy as some say because you need to deal with many small details and have knowledge about other game features.

So again I beg you, anyone could please join me and take this task?Please.
    Hi Leo,
    I asked for the problem here,
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15843270
    I'm very interested in the improvement that you want to make for your mod.
    Can you give us more details about the problem and what you to realize?
    Also I found this thread can be useful?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=1#post3810113

Its just me or the forums are strange for everyone? Its looks changed completly (the skin), and it now shows some VBulletin logo.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Its just me or the forums are strange for everyone? Its looks changed completly (the skin), and it now shows some VBulletin logo.
    Sounds like you somehow switched to vb4 default style. You can choose your preferred style at the bottom of the page, just right from the 'donate' button.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze