Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Alternative patch 2019 (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

NEVERMIND.

I just clicked FULL SITE and it went back to normal.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; October 21, 2019 at 11:00 AM.

ok guys sorry for the absent and confusion about the forum thing.

Im still working in my submod and there is a LOT of new cool stuff coming.

Quote Originally Posted by nadalio View Post
    Hi Leo,
    I asked for the problem here,
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15843270
    I'm very interested in the improvement that you want to make for your mod.
    Can you give us more details about the problem and what you to realize?
    Also I found this thread can be useful?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=1#post3810113
    Thanks man.

All I need is to have Norway as an horde faction so I wont need to waste one settlement for them (factions need a settlement of their own to exist, unless they are horde).

Seems easy but its not.
    I tried the procedure like 5 times and every time it gave me a different problem (CTD, faction spawn as slave etc). The point is that the tutorials are incomplete and not that well written. The files they tell us to edit are related to many others and this is not explained.

I'll wait some more time and pray someone will join my effort take this task. If I find no help, Ill spend a settlement and have norway as a normal faction.

PS: Im not complaining about the lack of help in this mater, I know its complicated. There is people helping me in other things Im doing for the submod and Im really thankful for this.

Thanks everyone.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

I wish helping you more, but I haven't much knowledge and even a Pc for now,
    But I can't stop dream and i want to see all that ideas realized and play this master piece in the future
    Can't wait to see your new features!!

Aren't the errors and CTD related how the faction is spawned in the game and it's starting region?
    https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...actions_-_M2TW

Re; the CTD issue:

I'm not sure if it's needed for scripted emergence, but suspect it might be... have you tried
    {THE_NORWAY_EMERGE_TITLE} The xxxx Emerge
    {THE_NORWAY_EMERGE_BODY} A new faction, blah, blah, etc.....
    in historic_events.txt ?

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Re; the CTD issue:

I'm not sure if it's needed for scripted emergence, but suspect it might be... have you tried

in historic_events.txt ?
    Hi mak. Thanks for participating.

I dont even know what THE_NORWAY_EMERGE_TITLE refers to since its a text line that dont seem to have connection with any other text in the tutorial. This event name wasnt used anywhere and yes, I know how the historic_events.txt file works with connection with campaign_script.txt

Im also confused because I dont know where the tutorial really starts, there is a section called General Information that seems to be only informative while what I really need to do starts at the Making Other Factions Emerge section.

So its not clear for me if I need campaign_script to emerge the faction or not.

There is also the language barrier wich is alwasy a bummer for me.

PS: I just realized how right I was when I wrote my tutorials like "step by step" or "do this do that" guides. No one ever got confused about my tutorials.

Sorry, the wiki page isn't designed as a tutorial. The part about trying THE_NORWAY_EMERGE_TITLE comes from the last section Triggering Emergence from descr_events.txt only the example given there is for Scotland to emerge have
    event emergent_faction scotland
    date 2 5
    region London_Province
    in descr_events.txt
    and
    {THE_SCOTLAND_EMERGE_BODY} Blah, blah......
    {THE_SCOTLAND_EMERGE_TITLE} Scotland Invade!
    in historic_events.txt

That isn't triggered in the same way as other 'historic_events' - but you still need {THE_FACTIONNAME_EMERGE_TITLE} and {THE_FACTIONNAME_EMERGE_BODY}
    if you've got a faction emerging by event. It's not the named anywhere else it's just something the game automatically looks for.

To get yours working I'd suggest you try it using descr_events.txt first (don't touch campaign_script) just change the 4 files shown on the wiki page:
    descr_strat.txt - make sure Norway has no settlements or starting characters - add the dead_until_resurrected line

descr_sm_factions.txt - add the , spawned_on_event part after Norway - add the horde units section with some valid unit names

descr_events.txt - add an event like;
    Code:
    event	emergent_faction	norway
    date	1 3
    region 	Name_Of_Province
    (make it a province you can see easily)

historic_events.txt - add the
    Code:
    {THE_NORWAY_EMERGE_TITLE} The xxxx Emerge
    {THE_NORWAY_EMERGE_BODY} A new faction, blah, blah, etc.....
    If that works, then you can try taking the event out of descr_events.txt and adding them via spawn_army in the campaign script instead...

Mak, as always you keep saving me again and again...

My submod would be a simplory piece of crap without your help.
    Thanks!

I even wrote a tutorial for this.

Everything works fine, I managed to make Norway an horde faction and spawn units via script. So my ruins feature is working perfecly now, and let me warn you guys... its (in my opinion) one of the best addons for TATW ever, and why not say for Total War games in general? Forget about battles limited to open battlefield or settlements, you can now explore iconic places to look for treasures! These new custom tiles include not only lore based places like witch king tomb and trollshaws hideout with the statue of the tree petrified trools, but also generic places imagined by me, like oliphant graveyard with their bones over the sands, many different types of caves and so much more suff that I cant even remember. (nothing that offends the lore, dont worry)

Thanks averyone who tried to help.
    Cross your fingers and pray I will not die before the release (odds are high these days due to my poor health... )

I have some questions:

1 - Is it possible to prevent any diplomacy with a specified faction? I know you cant send a diplomat to the Slave faction, but what about the other factions? (I want it for Norway, the faction Im using in the ruins feature).

If not possible to completly prevent diplomatic meetings, can I make the odds of ceasefire and other diplomatic options like zero? I obviously want Norway to remain as enemy of everyone forever.

2 - Is there a way how to remove the Norway faction from the diplomacy menu? I once read something about setting the family_tree line in descr_sm_factions to "yes" or something like this, cant remember.

3 - Can I make Sauron's faction (Papal_states) in TATW an horde faction too? In vanilla 3.2 TATW they have a settlement for them and I think the reason is just to keep the faction in the game since a faction need a settlement at least to stay alive. So as I asked, can I remove their settlement and make them horde like I did to Norway? Or would this bring problems related to TATW scripts? (Dark Lord of Mordor as pope, one ring script etc)
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; October 22, 2019 at 09:21 PM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Oh I whish someone would be as active as you with Call of Warhammer. I mean, the BoeT team is still working on it but it would seem not as hard. Can't wait for your next version leo, "my precioussss"
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I miss my old orocarni settlements...
    they were very simple and its models and textures very primitive but somehow so immersive...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...596874/wh1.png

A small sneak peak of how the Ruins Feature will work.

Decide when attacking a ruin is worthy. What creatures will you find there? What kind of place will you see? Ancient abandoned dwarven settlements, caves, iconic lore places.
    Defeat the bandits to claim the treasure, it could be money, it could be items (ancillaries). Let curiosity (or necessity) lead you into these places. The old days of battles in battlefield and settlements only are gone.
    Explore the Middle Earth in every inch and find your bounty!

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I miss my old orocarni settlements...
    they were very simple and its models and textures very primitive but somehow so immersive...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...596874/wh1.png
    Let them live again!! At least as unique fort model or a tile..

A small sneak peak of how the Ruins Feature will work.

Decide when attacking a ruin is worthy. What creatures will you find there? What kind of place will you see? Ancient abandoned dwarven settlements, caves, iconic lore places.
    Defeat the bandits to claim the treasure, it could be money, it could be items (ancillaries). Let curiosity (or necessity) lead you into these places. The old days of battles in battlefield and settlements only are gone.
    Explore the Middle Earth in every inch and find your bounty!
    That's awesome!!! I can't wait to return in middle Earth lands!!! Thanks for your amazing job Leo and to Mak for always support us with wise answer😊

There is some ruins or caves where cold Drake's lives in the north?
    It could be amazing have an event where a dragon unit will spawn attack north settlement and after return in their lair in the north. To stop their roaming you should go directly in their lair and defeat them with a powerful army. If you succeed you will get a lot of money and traits😏

I can guarantee the custom battlemap... Can't say anything about the dragon...

Hello.

What's inside the 2.6 beta ?
    What kind of feedback would you like to have ?

What are the hardest difficulty campaign factions ? And I know that your submod do not touch the general balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo_Fr View Post
    Hello.

What's inside the 2.6 beta ?
    What kind of feedback would you like to have ?

What are the hardest difficulty campaign factions ? And I know that your submod do not touch the general balance.
    Hi.

The content of the 2.6 eta is what is described in the 2.6 changelog, except for the ruins feature, wich is not working in the beta version.
    If you want to help me testing and sending feedback, try the items from the changelog in game and tell me if everything is working fine.

About the harest campaigns, I dont think there is something like this in my submod, eacj one has its characteristics, no good or worst than others.

I had another awesome idea

Bridge forts.

Instead of fighting the battle on a bridge like in vanilla, the game would load a special fort, with bridges, gates walls and towers and everything else we can mod, as a rivercrossing structure.

Point is... as far as I know KK removed forts from Rammas Echor because it caused AI pathfinding problems (army momevent).
    You think these bridge forts would cause sucha problem? I mean, they are totally possible, I already tried implementing a test one in the strat map (actually it will be a piece of land among river sections, not really a bridge in strat map).

But I really dont know if it would cause pathfinding problems. Would the AI hesitate in crossing the "river" through the forts even if they were empty? Any other points?

Laetus

I've got a bit of a problem. I reinstalled TATW recently to play AP 2.6. For some reason though, some strat models are being weird. Minas Tirith for example has the wrong icon and is instead looking like an orc city. I don't know if that a known bug, because I messed something up. I searched the thread but coulnd't find an answer. Appreciate help

Quote Originally Posted by Quatto View Post
    I've got a bit of a problem. I reinstalled TATW recently to play AP 2.6. For some reason though, some strat models are being weird. Minas Tirith for example has the wrong icon and is instead looking like an orc city. I don't know if that a known bug, because I messed something up. I searched the thread but coulnd't find an answer. Appreciate help
    I think I know the reason. Sorry for that.
    It will be fixed in the next release.

Try the following: Find the descr_sm_factions.txt file and change the Norway faction culture back to northern_european.

This is by far my biggest and most ambitious release ever. Actually, now, I think it is too pretentious for an army of a single modder, but now that I started, I must finish it.

Please be patient and give me some more time. When the release is out, you will witness a completly new experience in TATW, something never seen before.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; November 04, 2019 at 10:18 PM.

Laetus

That fixed it! Thanks a lot, Leo!
    And btw, AP already is one, if not the most ambitious submod ever. Best settlement maps in any Total War ever

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    a special fort, with bridges, gates walls and towers and everything else we can mod, as a rivercrossing structure
    There is the usual friendly fort problem, when an ally has taken an ennemy fort on our land, and then we can't use it.
    It was roughly corrected by diplomacy mod in MOS, but for me this fix was worst (and bring me to DaC mod).
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    There is the usual friendly fort problem, when an ally has taken an ennemy fort on our land, and then we can't use it.
    It was roughly corrected by diplomacy mod in MOS, but for me this fix was worst (and bring me to DaC mod).
    Never heard about this problem.
    So if a fort in a region controlled by the player is occupyied by an enemy army, and an ally army attack and conquer this fort, the fort becomes unacessible for the player? Is that?