Page 1 of 60 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - General Discussion

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default The Sekigahara Campaign - General Discussion

"The Sekigahara Campaign" is a total conversion mod that seeks to represent the late Azuchi-Momoyama and, to a small extent, the early Edo periods.

Here in the General Discussion thread, you can converse about things of a general nature. Be sure to consider the relevance of posting in the other stickied threads before this one, though! Don't feel discouraged from creating a thread in the seki forum, although try to think about whether your point of discussion really merits it. Any 'one-question, one-answer' threads, for example, will be merged with the most relevant stickied thread.
    Last edited by Akaie; June 07, 2012 at 05:41 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign

how many clans? or will they work as vassals?

I won't give much away yet. I will say that vassals play a more significant role throughout the campaign in comparison to the vanilla sengoku campaign.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

ShimazuClan's Avatar Civis

Seems good.
    The Shimazu Clan has conquered this spot.

Looks good. Sent PM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

I have just re-written my OP along with a re-positioned and down-scaled screenshot of the frontend screen. It gives a few little details away.

I'll quote for reiteration:
    "If any modder would like to offer their services, particularly in the field of textures and unit parts, feel free to contact me!"

Patron of Erwin Rommel

A compendium of my work. Files to be passworded until mod release.

- Draft maps added
    - Research and buildings v2 added

- Draft regional buildings added
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; November 09, 2012 at 01:11 PM.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

The_Nord's Avatar Biarchus

Looks cool, I'll keep myself updated.

Do you side with Hideyoshi or Toyotomi?
    Toyotomi Hideyoshi vs Hideyoshi Toyotomi?

Quote Originally Posted by Carthago View Post
    Toyotomi Hideyoshi vs Hideyoshi Toyotomi?
    Gah. Damn alliteration. Thanks for pointing that out .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Now this is a different kind of Overhaul Mod.

For Sekigahara Campaign, It should have...
    Let me guess...

A Launcher of it's own. Worthy of the mod's uniqueness
    Anton's Clan Overhaul magic. Late Sengoku Clans
    Unique units and buildings. Area of Recruitment/Construction? Clan Specialties.
    Late Sengoku Armies. Professional Ashigaru.
    Diplomacy Overhaul. Taking Sides of the Realm Divide. Alliance Dynamics. RoTS-style influence?
    Tech Tree Overhaul. Late Sengoku Arts. Late Tech Start?
    Dilated time per turn for the time scope. Per Week?

Predetermined Crop Harvest Times? Rice is not harvested every week. Or Season. For the short time scope, Rice Harvests would be events.

This Mod, Sir, would be Epic.

It would seem that, for the most part, the campaign you're describing is in fact this one.

Lots of new clans, lots of unique units and buildings, diplomacy overhaul, tech tree overhaul.

On the point of armies, there is an awesome unit concept we have. This particular sentence that you are reading was meant for the sole purpose of reiteration: the idea is awesome.

If the campaign begs for more turns per year, then it will certainly be considered. The thing is, it is really a matter of semantics, isn't it? One could push the end year back and have the same amount of turns as another who increased the turns per year. At the moment, it's not something we're too concerned about.

One fact about the new campaign that isn't a huge giveaway is regarding the lengths of the campaign. We are factoring in two groups, on top of people who are happy with a standard campaign. The first group is those who are very time-consumed and only have time for a short campaign. The other group is those who absolutely love to turtle. So, what that gives us with is a quick campaign, a balanced campaign (the one our focus is on) and a campaign with hundreds of turns to complete your campaign.

Your predetermined crop harvest times point is a good one. I have seen a dilemma for this. Do note it is in my thoughts.

Thanks for posting. It's good to know that, even in the conceptual stage, it is pretty well received. I hope you enjoy the end product .
    Last edited by Akaie; November 27, 2011 at 11:07 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Half done.

Just posting some progress. I'll finish soon, I got caught/sidetracked up with trying to find brothers or sons of all this people then comparing if they are still alive in 1590s.

Sample. I was stumped with Hosokawa Fujitaka or Tadaoki. Then later, I remembered Kuroda Nagamasa's helm exists in Shogun 2 so again it was a mad dash to get his square kabuto of doom.

Oh and I was very eager to place Suda Chikimitsu and Hachisuka AND THEIR KAMON somewhere. Maybe in the one of the clans that failed to turn up its kamon. Guess what the 2 have in similar....

Do posts your thoughts, all of you guys. I need to feed on feedback to get this thing to good shape. Yes its a half assed ODT file.

PS: Need to sleep......

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

I have posted a new screenshot of the campaign map in Autumn. It's only an early version, but it stands to both clear up what the new campaign will provide and to clarify they mod is in fact alive.

Hope you guys like it.
    Last edited by Akaie; November 30, 2011 at 02:13 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

This mod will be incredible.I just can't wait.It will be so cool.I'm just sad that I'm not a good modder and can't help you guys.

Looks like an unofficial expansion for me What you're planning is...huge! So I can't wait for the first release
    I have only two questions:
    a) what clans will be playable? Will you include Akechi Mitsuhide or will the campaign start after Hideyoshis death? And how will you figure it out, will Tokugawa and Toyotomi have huge territories and the other playable clans can jsut hope, that they won't get steamrolled (or wait until their big ally wins), or will they be able to get the next Shogun, too, with starting conditions that allow independent diplomacy?

b) I've got really big confidence in your modding work especially after the Total Clans Mod, but have you figured out how to insert all new features you want to insert or are you working on figuring it out and can't promise that it is possible? Because f.e. for ETW some modders declared they'd like to expand the campaign map, and I hoped they really figured out how to do this, but until today nobody knows how to do this... I don't want to be critical or something, it's just a question

Quote Originally Posted by Date-san View Post
    This mod will be incredible.I just can't wait.It will be so cool.I'm just sad that I'm not a good modder and can't help you guys.
    Actually, since you've been an avid supporter of my modding, you have a place in this mod. PM'd you about that .

Looks like an unofficial expansion for me What you're planning is...huge! So I can't wait for the first release
    I have only two questions:
    a) what clans will be playable? Will you include Akechi Mitsuhide or will the campaign start after Hideyoshis death? And how will you figure it out, will Tokugawa and Toyotomi have huge territories and the other playable clans can jsut hope, that they won't get steamrolled (or wait until their big ally wins), or will they be able to get the next Shogun, too, with starting conditions that allow independent diplomacy?

b) I've got really big confidence in your modding work especially after the Total Clans Mod, but have you figured out how to insert all new features you want to insert or are you working on figuring it out and can't promise that it is possible? Because f.e. for ETW some modders declared they'd like to expand the campaign map, and I hoped they really figured out how to do this, but until today nobody knows how to do this... I don't want to be critical or something, it's just a question
    Due to the scale, I'd agree with "unofficial expansion" .

a) I don't want to make a response that seems tied down by the fact I don't want to release too much conceptual information, so I'll just say what I'm happy to say.

Nobunaga and Mitsuhide have long since passed. The campaign draws two particular factions - the Tokugawa and Toyotomi - into conflict. So, having those two as playable factions are a given. I have been giving some thought as to other playable factions, but we haven't yet hammered out a list of clans and thus have not chosen playable factions.

The "shogunate" was an important part of the vanilla campaign. Not in this one. Kyoto be damned. I have been building the mod around realm divide, meaning it will be almost impossible to instigate it by taking territories, winning amazing victories and so forth. On top of that, I don't intend on having Kyoto part of the victory conditions. With this, RD's place in the campaign will be purely optional.

b) Good inquiry . I didn't go into this project with an intend to do something without actually knowing how to do it or at least where I would go to do it. I have no illusions about the limitations of the Warscape games and more prevalently Shogun 2. For some, this campaign might not be enough, and with the huge amount of M2TW mods, who can blame them?

But, my realism does swing the other way, too. There is a great deal I can do that can and indeed will twist and turn the old campaign into a dazzling new one. AI, new clans, new map (retextured), buildings, units, victory conditions, 'refurbished' game mechanics and a hell of a lot more (because I want to maintain some sense of ambiguity ).

There is only one thing that continues to send me into a drunken haze: the atlas files. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they aren't working for me. I don't intend to stop trying to figure it out, but I will start to flap my arms around insistently until someone notices my problem (by that, I mean PM spamming some modders ).

Overall, the progress the team is making is great, and every day I'm adding new and exciting things to the campaign! I'll do some more screenshots soon, for example once Erwin is happy with a selection of clans.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Do you said you could tweak the harvest times? Marvelous, no more Winter harvests...
    Hmm, This mod could be a Unofficial Campaign to play with before FoTS...
    Actually i would like to ask you about the starting and ending year as well, but i decided not to badger you more for details.

Surprise Us!

Okay new buildings are very good I think
    What about the following idea for military buildings: After building f.e. a Katana building, the next level buidlings offer two possibilities: Either the Katana Samurai or whatever can be recruited with this dojo will get more experience, or the buidling offers a benefit to all units recruited in this town, f.e. +1 defense or +3 attack bonus or something like this. The type of this depends on the dojo, f.e. the Katana building offers +1 attack, the Yari building +1 Armor and the cavalry building +3 attack bonus... So the encampment (is this the right english term?) is included in the military buildings themselves. Or, better, you can adda third option which gives economic benefits... just an idea

Okay new buildings are very good I think
    What about the following idea for military buildings: After building f.e. a Katana building, the next level buidlings offer two possibilities: Either the Katana Samurai or whatever can be recruited with this dojo will get more experience, or the buidling offers a benefit to all units recruited in this town, f.e. +1 defense or +3 attack bonus or something like this. The type of this depends on the dojo, f.e. the Katana building offers +1 attack, the Yari building +1 Armor and the cavalry building +3 attack bonus... So the encampment (is this the right english term?) is included in the military buildings themselves. Or, better, you can adda third option which gives economic benefits... just an idea
    Since I'm mostly in charge of the buildings I'll take this one. We are planning a complete overhaul of the buildings from the vanilla game. Obviously some buildings will remain relatively similar (you've got to recruit your samurai somewhere after all) but we've also added some stuff that's completely new. The overall aim has been two fold - one to give the player more optionality in how he sets up his infrastructure, and two to introduce a lot more regional focus.

I don't want to reveal too much prematurely or risk over-promising but I suspect players will be pleasantly surprised Some very interesting ideas in your post - some of which are already in our thinking. Watch this space

Page 1 of 60 12345678910112651 ... LastLast