Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1182

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - General Discussion

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign - General Discussion

So anyone have any tips for Shinano no Sanada? I so very much want to bring Cavalry crashing on my enemies instead it seems im always screwed by turn 10 where i get war declared on me from all sides.

Would migrating to another province allow me to turtle better? Im thinking of abandoning North Shinano and going for the Fukushima Province which can only be assailed from 2 directions.

I've been having trouble with the Sanada too. As soon as you show weakness, you get screwed. One time the Otani managed to expand to a position to help me out, but then they ended up getting ed after 10 turns of getting the pressure off me. I think it's important to get out some yari samurai and rush nearby provinces, since yari samurai are very good early on.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Whose watching Oda No yabou here.? ..

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

you main playing as the sanada?
    because that is very very easy, first you you need to do is assault higo(dont conquer it yet) let them sally from the castle fight the battle and win it. gratz you got higo, now build up your forces since the asano will be attacking you. make alot of trade agreements.(end of first turn)

2nd turn the asano moves their forces closer to you, what you do is simple you build other units and wait for the asano in your castle and defeat them in the third turn, for now just recruit units and do nothing.

3rd turn the asano attacks you, you defend your castle, and now you move all your men out of Ueda and attack the asano, as soon asd you defeated the asano you make them your vassal.(now you have a stable position.

rememebr the kozuke no sanada wont attack you unless you give them a reason, but south shinano will attack you in a matter of turns.

4th turn pull your army out asano territory and get back to ueda to defend it from south shinano.(keep recruiting units)

5th turn you do nothing replenish your troops upgrade your territories and gain more troops.(funny sidenote is that you do not have to recruit alot in higo the otani are your ally and with a couple of turns you can make an alliance.(so focus everything for the moment on Ueda and South Shinano.

6th turn you still recruit troops, improve territory.

7th turn you go into south shinano territory and get their castle, now you have 3 castles. with the west secure now(well not if it is fukushima bordering your territory I had Ishida bordering my territory). you can focus on the uesugi, the note here is that you just kill their armies you do not launch campaigns into their territory because you simply can't afford the troops and money.

8th turn keep being on friendly terms with the kozuke no sanada, and watch the asano conquer the south.

9th turn increase your territory and troops you have 2 positions to defend, Ueda and South Shinano, defend them well.

I hope that this guide helps you guys all out.

SanadaErik.

That sounds like good advice. Never have i thought of making Asano a Vassal. I shall take your suggestions to heart.

Wish me luck

So what do you do if otani betrays you? Cause they seem to do that to me almost every time.

in my play plan above i stated somne things, every turn you got to keep recruiting troops.(in all castles) keep at friendly terms with the otani give them tribute or whatever.
    as the sanada you cannot afford the otani to be your enemy.

not enough koku to both recruit units and pay off the otani, at least in my tries they wanted some serious amounts of koku to stay my ally. And even then sometimes they would betray me after paying them small amounts of tribute

So when you guys play as clans like Tokugawa, who start off surrounded by factions who support your same 'religion', do you guys conquer some of them as well when you spread? Or do you just pick up your troops and move them across the map to take opposing loyalty clans?

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

It's really your choice. The game doesn't really tell you what to do, apart from a few smaller things such as the war with the Shinano-no-Sanada and the victory condition of Settsu .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

bladeroffire's Avatar Libertus

keep up the nice work

Why Sanada Yukimura isn't there?!

Not to worry, mate. He'll be here soon :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by Akaie View Post
    Not to worry, mate. He'll be here soon :
    Oh thanks for the quick reply

also I really like your great job!

I remember the time we got very excited that Seki got over 20,000 views.

That number is now 163,000.

The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

How time flies . It has been almost ten months since the campaign was started. Let us reminisce with PMs .

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton III
    I'm sure you remember that little sekigahara idea that has bounced around a few times.

Well... I have started work on it! It is still an infant, and most of it is at a conceptual stage.

At the moment, I have started three key things:
    -a general information log, including a description of the mod, a few goals and some potential problems.
    -a units list.
    -a map that notes the holder of each province/set of provinces. TBH, a few aren't actually daimyo-status clans, but rather vassals.

The major concept I have right now is that there are two major blocks: the Tokugawa and Toyotomi... naturally. There are a bunch of generally independent factions, too. The Tokugawa and Toyotomi each have a set of vassals, for example the Ii and Ishida respectively. Faction distribution will be a bit questionable at times, but I have tried to make it at least somewhat historically valid in that regard. I succeeded in taking a territory from one clan and giving it to another, but not without bugs, so the idea of the whole project is to overwrite pre-existing factions.

So, what I'll need from you is to, when you have the time, sift through any information I intend to put into the mod and give me your input on it. Also, when the time comes, a bit of beta testing would be nice .
    Thank you thank you thank. Yes its still in initial concept stage but hey, its a start, and maybe I should have said. Arigato gozaimasu.

I can see it now, the first of its kind, most mods deal with unimaginative dates starting in 1545, seemingly content with minor fluff added and just have another go with the same old clans albeit with stat or unit differences. But now with this, well at least in concept, there will be a different theatre..........lets just convince them to not mind the 1545 year at the bottom end of the campaign map and say its the Spring of the 5th Year of the Keicho Era.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

lets just convince them to not mind the 1545 year at the bottom end of the campaign map and say its the Spring of the 5th Year of the Keicho Era.
    I still want to have Japanese years implemented. Just to confuse people.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

I love confusing people. Kanji localisation, anyone ?

I'm just about done with v0.9b. Here is the list of changelog:
    New Features include:
    -A new daimyo model for Ukita Hideie.
    -New units:
    ---"Hankyu Samurai". Waiting for the oportune moment, these samurai will sacrifice range for
    a deadly and decisive close-range assault!
    ---"Ogoban Cavalry". These elite cavalrymen, recruitable only by the Tokugawa, rival the powerful
    guard units of the Toyotomi loyalists.
    ---"Bow Taisho". Currently available in custom battles.
    ---A Shinano-Sanada general Sanada Yukimura, playable in custom battles, teases the future "Heroes"
    unit pack for the campaign.
    -The Hori clan makes their way into the game with a unique model for Hori Hideharu.

Destroyed bugs include:
    -Incorrect models for the named general units in custom battles
    -Removed unique technology tree for factions tied to the "ikko_ikki" Faction ID
    -Old and inappropriate unit spawns when establishing a vassal
    -A few inappropriate faction names
    -Model for Shimazu Yoshihiro not observable in faction pack 1

Other changes:
    -Unit stat revisions
    -Naginata Hero are now known as Nagamaki Samurai and are slightly less powerful than heroes
    -Additional unit cap increase effects for Tetsubo Samurai, Nagamaki Samurai and Tanegashima Samurai
    -Appropriate armour for Sanada Masayuki, Masayuki's old model given to Nobuyuki
    -Appropriate shroud data for every minor clan*
    -Chosokabe Motochika's model now observable in the campaign
    -'Kyoto province' renamed to Yamashiro
    -Kato and Kuroda cannot declare war in pack 1

I'm also starting a little documentation initiative for any modders that use Seki to try and learn a thing or two called the 'Modding Den'. I unfortunately don't spend the time documenting things, so I figure the next best thing is to detail some changes to lessen the research one might have to do to figure how something works. It's rather specific to what I've done in an update, but I hope someone somewhere will get something from it. You'll be able to find it in the "Version Information and Installation" text file.

Lastly, would someone mind downloading this v0.9b to do a quick MP campaign test? There are three points of interest I want to observe in this regard .
    Last edited by Akaie; August 26, 2012 at 04:48 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I love confusing people. Kanji localisation, anyone ?

I'm just about done with v0.9b. Here is the list of changelog:
    New Features include:
    -A new daimyo model for Ukita Hideie.
    -New units:
    ---"Hankyu Samurai". Waiting for the oportune moment, these samurai will sacrifice range for
    a deadly and decisive close-range assault!
    ---"Ogoban Cavalry". These elite cavalrymen, recruitable only by the Tokugawa, rival the powerful
    guard units of the Toyotomi loyalists.
    ---"Bow Taisho". Currently available in custom battles.
    ---A Shinano-Sanada general Sanada Yukimura, playable in custom battles, teases the future "Heroes"
    unit pack for the campaign.
    -The Hori clan makes their way into the game with a unique model for Hori Hideharu.

Destroyed bugs include:
    -Incorrect models for the named general units in custom battles
    -Removed unique technology tree for factions tied to the "ikko_ikki" Faction ID
    -Old and inappropriate unit spawns when establishing a vassal
    -A few inappropriate faction names
    -Model for Shimazu Yoshihiro not observable in faction pack 1

Other changes:
    -Unit stat revisions
    -Naginata Hero are now known as Nagamaki Samurai and are slightly less powerful than heroes
    -Additional unit cap increase effects for Tetsubo Samurai, Nagamaki Samurai and Tanegashima Samurai
    -Appropriate armour for Sanada Masayuki, Masayuki's old model given to Nobuyuki
    -Appropriate shroud data for every minor clan*
    -Chosokabe Motochika's model now observable in the campaign
    -'Kyoto province' renamed to Yamashiro
    -Kato and Kuroda cannot declare war in pack 1

I'm also starting a little documentation initiative for any modders that use Seki to try and learn a thing or two called the 'Modding Den'. I unfortunately don't spend the time documenting things, so I figure the next best thing is to detail some changes to lessen the research one might have to do to figure how something works. It's rather specific to what I've done in an update, but I hope someone somewhere will get something from it. You'll be able to find it in the "Version Information and Installation" text file.

Lastly, would someone mind downloading this v0.9b to do a quick MP campaign test? There are three points of interest I want to observe in this regard .
    Nice! Did you change the download's link ?

Kanji localisation, anyone ?
    I would be fine with this. I would also be willing to help with such an endeavour.