Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Historical Rome Total War 1.0 (HRTW) [WIP]

Default Re: Historical Rome Total War 1.0 (HRTW) [WIP]

Really? a 1.0 and a 2.0 version? Why don't you guys skip right to the 2.0?

because in 2.0 we will have different factions and we needexperienced modders for some of the work in 2.0

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

don't we already have different factions for 1.0?

yes, but from the beginning we knew we were to have two versions... the 2.0 map will go into india.. but not the whole thing, just like RTR.. we will have a new faction list with that map, thats already been decided on between Philadelphos and I.. however we are not letting anyone know until we release 1.0.. so let's all focus on 1.0 not 2.0 right now

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    yes, but from the beginning we knew we were to have two versions... the 2.0 map will go into india.. but not the whole thing, just like RTR.. we will have a new faction list with that map, thats already been decided on between Philadelphos and I.. however we are not letting anyone know until we release 1.0.. so let's all focus on 1.0 not 2.0 right now
    Is there gonna be a new Indian faction?
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Is there gonna be a new Indian faction?
    Mauryan empire I think...In 2.0 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Mauryan empire I think...In 2.0 version.
    How long 'till 2.0 starts?

yes there will be the mauryan empire.. it starts as soon as 1.0 releases! we need modellers though

yes there will be the mauryan empire.. it starts as soon as 1.0 releases! we need modellers though
    Modellers? To finish 1.0 or to start 2.0? I think you could do mostly the same that with 1.0, using existing units and skinning them like vanilla.

for the beginning of 2.0 well we want units like eb but vanilla versions of them

for the beginning of 2.0 well we want units like eb but vanilla versions of them
    But you could make all the files, factions symbols, map, even EDU; DMB; etc, and "test it" with random units, then, when the proper units and skins are ready you substitute the "worng" ones with the same name and that way you won't loose much time.

Would'nt it be enough looking at others mod work and look for a skinner? That would be faster IMO (of course, that's the opinion of someone that's rushing you 'cause he wants to play)
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; November 15, 2011 at 11:29 PM.

That is close to impossible. You'll need modeler (and a freakin' good one!), except if you find a way to make the EB or RTR teams give you permission to use their...

i dont want to rush anything.. and ya i need a modeller very badly

The preview was pretty cool! I read it very carefully and I waas okay with most of it , except 1 thing. Why do Sarmantians lose their women units?

Their women, so long as they are virgins, ride, shoot, throw the javelin while mounted, and fight with their enemies. They do not lay aside their virginity until they have killed three of their enemies, and they do not marry before they have performed the traditional sacred rites. A woman who takes to herself a husband no longer rides, unless she is compelled to do so by a general expedition. They have no right breast; for while they are yet babies their mothers make red-hot a bronze instrument constructed for this very purpose and apply it to the right breast and cauterize it, so that its growth is arrested, and all its strength and bulk are diverted to the right shoulder and right arm.
    Hippocrates
    So as long as they were virgin, they fought. As for the right breast thing,... hmmm just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoKnives View Post
    The preview was pretty cool! I read it very carefully and I waas okay with most of it , except 1 thing. Why do Sarmantians lose their women units?

Hippocrates
    So as long as they were virgin, they fought. As for the right breast thing,... hmmm just ignore it.

I don't know.But if you ask me they should have women units.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    I don't know.But if you ask me they should have women units.
    That's what i was trying to point out.

I don't know really.. in RTR they don't have woman units.. i dont believe they have them in EB either.. i just think its better without them to be honest.. plus it frees more room for other units

I don't know really.. in RTR they don't have woman units.. i dont believe they have them in EB either.. i just think its better without them to be honest.. plus it frees more room for other units
    Nope, they do not. I've never understood why, since women were warriors in the Scythian/Sarmatian tribes, well as long as they were virgins. I think that 1 or 2 women unit in the faction would not be so bad. However, this is just my opinion, you should consult your team first.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by TwoKnives View Post
    Nope, they do not. I've never understood why, since women were warriors in the Scythian/Sarmatian tribes, well as long as they were virgins. I think that 1 or 2 women unit in the faction would not be so bad. However, this is just my opinion, you should consult your team first.
    M Y T H
    women did fight alongside men in Steppe armies, but it just not commonplace, and actually, those who fight as separate unit are only Noble Women, who fight as separate elite (the others are mixed with the horde of HA), actually it can be archieved by making steppe ha unit have mix of both men and women in M2TW (yeah, some certain mods doing that ), or in RTW (with clone armies), just make them wearing ambigous clothes and long hairs (afterall, back there, most men have long hairs too)

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    M Y T H
    women did fight alongside men in Steppe armies, but it just not commonplace, and actually, those who fight as separate unit are only Noble Women, who fight as separate elite (the others are mixed with the horde of HA), actually it can be archieved by making steppe ha unit have mix of both men and women in M2TW (yeah, some certain mods doing that ), or in RTW (with clone armies), just make them wearing ambigous clothes and long hairs (afterall, back there, most men have long hairs too)
    Well, common women did fight mixed with men. However, to create units that have both of them is impossible. We can't make a unit with clones of different genders, because, even in a game women should have a different appereance from men. I'm not talking about the body, but about the face. However, we could add 1 unit of Noble Women, or 2, 1 that is a melee cavalry (either light or heavy) and 1 HA unit.
    Last edited by TwoKnives; November 16, 2011 at 01:56 PM.