Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132

Thread: GRANTOZ OIM VER.3.1.4 {beta submod conversion}

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: GRANTOZ OIM VER.3.1.4 {beta submod conversion}

Quote Originally Posted by djsalibeat View Post
    all mods on total war have thread and readmefile in the mod package where you get step to step
    also got sub forum for people with bugs if you had that more people could enjoy your mod
    It has readme in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    GRANTOZ OIM UPDATED 8/11/2013

I am very happy now with the battle ai and the missile response from the ai in fire fights ...enjoy
    the campaign is still not balanced but i am working on it....roman buildings have been removed

(...)

.....THIS MOD IS NOT MOD FOLDERED MAKE COPYS OF YOUR DATA, BI, ALEX SO THAT YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN OR MAKE A WHOLE INSTALL JUST FOR THIS MOD!!

WORLDWIDE DOWNLOAD LINK VERSION 3.1.4: http://ge.tt/8n6MH7y/v/0
    OIM desktop icon: http://ge.tt/4ldSozx/v/0
    OIM BACKGROUND INFORMATION: http://www.internetwars.ru/OiMNew/Im...hemEnglish.htm

INSTAL:
    1: unrar to somewhere safe on your pc
    2: go into the folder and copy contents over to your clean rtw/bi/alex directory
    3: overwrite files {click yes to all}
    4: send alex.exe to desktop open with right click and go to properties
    5: -mod:bi -show_err -noalexander
    6: add the above to the end of the target line making one space like above and click 'apply'
    7: play campagin through the ' main campaign '
    8:START THE SCRIPT EVERY NEW LOAD THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT , CLICK FACTION SUMMARY SHIELD ON THE UI THEN CLICK 'SHOW ME HOW ON THE ADVISOR POP UP... 4TPY WILL SHOW THAT IT IS WORKING

START THE SCRIPT BY CLICKING THE FACTION SUMMARY WINDOW THEN THE ADVISOR BUTTON

(...)

HINTS AND TIPS.......

But it DOES NOT work this way. At least not for me. Granto's version freezes when installed and run after clicking on ANY army outside the cities.
    There is simple solution to this anyway: install Russian version 1.0 - 1.2 - 1.4F2 in clean RTW/BI/ALX folder and then install Granto's in THE SAME folder.
    This trick should work. At least it works for me.

PS: installed BI v. 1.6 is mandatory.

So do I need "vanilla" OiM for this?

Is there any major differences between this and the vanilla?

Also I've read several times on TWC that Alx.exe is not 100% superior to BI but I can't remember its shortcomings compared to BI, I do know BI is capable to organize a retreat when it realizes inevitable defeat.

EDIT:

How do I make this work on the steam ver, RTW Alex is in a separate folder.

EDIT2:

At the launch I get this error:
    Script Error in bi/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt at line 4320. Ancillary not recognized.

EDIT3:

Okay I can run the damn thing, but without ENB, with it the screen is just black.

EDIT4:

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    link up http://ge.tt/8n6MH7y/v/0
    unrar to somewhere on your pc then copy the lot over to a clean rtw/bi/alex instal,
    send the alex.exe to desktop then add -mod:bi -show_err -noalexander to the end of the targetline,
    IF YOU GET A BLACK SCREEN ON START UP...EXIT TO DESKTOP THEN RE ENTER THE GAME ..IT IS ONLY THE BLLOM LIGHTING TAKING EFFECT f12 can toggle it on and off in game
    set your own preferences then launch game through the main campaign
    How am I supposed to exit to desktop without using alt+f4?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; September 10, 2016 at 09:44 PM.

Laetus

GRANTO, your version of this mod is great, but there is one thing that is very annoying for me - moving trees on the campaign map. Because of them i have some laggs. How I can turn them off?

This mod can only work with the non steam version, since the old version have the main and expansions in one folder.

Does anyone have a better link for this? When I went to download none of the "download" buttons worked. After I refreshed the page it wouldn't let me download and I'd get a popup saying "user traffic limit exceeded". It would be greatly appreciated if someone were to provide a better link.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus_123 View Post
    Does anyone have a better link for this? When I went to download none of the "download" buttons worked. After I refreshed the page it wouldn't let me download and I'd get a popup saying "user traffic limit exceeded". It would be greatly appreciated if someone were to provide a better link.
    Cheers
    I found it on moddb, here you are
    https://www.moddb.com/downloads/ogniem-i-mieczem-v314

Thank you Liu Biao.
    Does anybody has a clear explanation of how to install?
    I'm lost reading the different contributions here (ALX or BI? With or without the original Russian version?)
    I'd love to play it, so any clear explanation would be more than welcome
    Yours,
    Jean

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Thank you Liu Biao.
    Does anybody has a clear explanation of how to install?
    I'm lost reading the different contributions here (ALX or BI? With or without the original Russian version?)
    I'd love to play it, so any clear explanation would be more than welcome
    Yours,
    Jean
    Hi Jean. From what I remember, this is the standalone, so you shouldn't need the Russian version. I think that Granto intended this to be used with either BI or ALX. Back in the day, I had it working on BI and had some great, challenging campaigns.

First off, do you have Steam version of RTW and Alex? Marta is right in saying that Grantoz OIM was intended for the disc version of the game. However, there is probably a way to install it over a combined copy of your Steam Alex and Gold folders.

You can try the following if you want to use ALX:

-Install clean copies of both Rome: Total War Gold and Rome Total War: Alex (make backups to avoid having to redownload if something goes wrong).

-Merge the folders by copying all of the files from Alex into your Rome Gold folder and overwriting when asked. This should give you a similar install to the old disc version of the game.

Do this if you just want to use bi (if you don't want to use Alex at all):

-Unpack the Grantoz files into a *separate folder* to see which files will need to be replaced in your game. (This should give you some idea of the install path. I believe it needs to overwrite the "bi" campaign folder in your main game directory. Of course, this will make Vanilla BI unplayable unless you make a backup to "switch" out.)

-Copy and paste the OIM files into your main game folder (or wherever the files will be replaced), then overwrite when asked.

-Finally, make a shortcut for the .exe file to your desktop and add -show_err -mod:bi -noalexander to the target line. If using BI, you might not need the extra "noalexander" command line.

I can't guarantee that this will work, and I don't have time to test it. I know Granto had lots of other little tweaks and fixes that needed to be separately installed. Hopefully some of those are still available. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; November 23, 2020 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Clarification