Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1st East Prussian Infantry - Historically Minded Regiment for Napoleonic Wars

avion365's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 1st East Prussian Infantry (Mount and Musket - Infantry and Cavalry)

Great, now i am part of the EPI
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    quote of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I am sorry I was wrong.

Youtube
    Justin Bieber: God sent me to make music
    Disturbed: No we didn't

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: 1st East Prussian Infantry (Mount and Musket - Infantry and Cavalry)

Hey, you joined willingly, several months ago at that!

Though it is funny, when I started this thread I was a soldat in the Lithuanian Dragoons, I command the dragoons now XD

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

How big are these battles? How many dudes?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Content Emeritus

200-250 usually

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Hello fellow commander Gunny! Too bad Jorge doesn't invite you guys to the Friday LB's. Maybe we could do a private battle sometime.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Content Emeritus

Well Jorge and Thunder do their super secret one, we always attend the official battles, which is necessary because deo is the main admin on the US servers

Citizen

Blog Entries

I'll try to get us a private LB, don't you worry :3
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

Content Emeritus

Well we usually only ever do fun linebattles, nothing for serious against other regiments, our schedule is full as is without having to worry about extraneous LBs that 'count'

also, updated the OP with my edits that Heinrich added to the other threads

Citizen

Blog Entries

If you ever have time, let me know over Steam (8th Cpt)Matt Novosad
    I'd know we'd have a blast .

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

GLORY!
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

Content Emeritus

NW!

Content Emeritus

Default Re: 1st East Prussian Infantry - Historically Minded Regiment for Napoleonic Wars

Adding a screenshot from NW, though we don't usually use Fire by rank (usually the second rank uncovers) it makes for a nice picture

and congrats to the new Soldats, I know some of them frequent the TWC MC server

Default Re: 1st East Prussian Infantry - Historically Minded Regiment for Napoleonic Wars

The glorious 1stEPI is always marching on, if anyone is interested in a good and disciplined NW regiment. Man, only about 6 months left until we have existed for 2 years...

Content Emeritus

Wow, 1 and a half years since Argus and Reth decided they wanted to make a new kind of regiment, sans the silly single rank snake lines.

Also Viperior made this rather awesome video of last week's Tuesday Linebattle

Citizen

Blog Entries

We finally have a good amount of people that show up regularly to be able to split up into companies. If we had all the detachments go Line Infantry we'd have enough people to go into Triple Rank We actually tried it too. It was hilarious.

Miles

Triple Rank isnt always the best idea

EPI over here with their TWC celebs and such.

Millander of the 1st Freikorps Infantry Battalion.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Millander View Post

Reddit has perfected the quadruple rank ripple jumps though

Also, go away Millander why are you here anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Millander View Post

We actually tried the triple rank in another nice (pike ’n) musket mod, Deluge (Currently pretty dead because of the new patch changing a lot). Millander was there with the FKI (Then 9te), and they whi.. I mean... They did not like it that very much. Love ya, Milly.

Me and hopefully some of the other EPIers loved it, even though it was clumsy as hell and would need a lot of training (and men) to do it any good. The main problem in that battle was that the enemy were not using double rank lines. In fact, they did not use any formations. That was a minor disadvantage for us.

I wonder if longer reloads would help in that mod to make formations more effective, even if I will have to agree that reloading for 30 seconds might not be the best way to attract newcomers in public play.

Anyway, the East Prussian Infantry is always marching towards Paris, to dethrone the Corsican dog. European training tomorrow at 2 EST (8 GMT, and 9 in good old Central European Time), the teamspeak is always open for questions.

Miles

I didn't like firing across the map at covered targets with matchlocks then charging up hill.

Content Emeritus

The deluge cavalry was awesome too, wish we had that kind of power in NW

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast