Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IB2 Faction Political Mod Maps

Default IB2 Faction Political Mod Maps

IB2 Vandalorvm II Completed(ugrades pending)
    438AD

IB2 Britanniae Completed(ugrades pending)
    457AD

IB2 Odoacer: In progress
    476AD upgraded 11/15/11

IB2 Flagellum Dei The Hunnic Empire: In progress
    453AD

IB2 Flagellum Dei-Majorian: In progress
    UPDATED 457AD 6/27/12

Last edited by Reno Melitensis; November 09, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: IB2 Faction Political Mod Maps

Awesome great work as always is there a set faction list for Flagellum Die and Majorian or is it subject to change still

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Nice to see them all in one place for reference.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

A nice set of maps!

Just a question from someone who's not very updated with the world of IB2: in the FLAGELLVM DEI map, are there two factions in Sicily?

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecostal Knight View Post
    Awesome great work as always is there a set faction list for Flagellum Die and Majorian or is it subject to change still
    Hi Knight
    We have pretty much the basic factions but such factions as the Frisians or Thurigians are not yet set in stone

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    A nice set of maps!

Just a question from someone who's not very updated with the world of IB2: in the FLAGELLVM DEI map, are there two factions in Sicily?
    Hi Joar,
    Sicily will be under the Vandals in 457AD and in 453 they will be under the WRE. Some fine tunning still needs to be done to the maps
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 01, 2011 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Sicily will be under the Vandals in 457AD and in 453 they will be under the WRE. Some fine tunning still needs to be done to the maps
    OK, I just thought it looked like there were two factions on the island of Sicily.

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Very interesting! Cant wait to see the faction lists..

Odoacer Mod
    476AD upgraded 11/5/11
    Will put faction lists in later today
    Added factions:
    Soissons
    Alemanni
    Langobards
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 05, 2011 at 12:45 PM.

I guess the two last maps 453 and 457 are the ones for the grand campaign.
    But was there not more land eastwards in the RTW-mods? And even a faction like the Kidarites/Heptalites fighting against the northeastern borders of the Sassanids?
    And why would you start a campaign in 453 at the death of Attila? WouldnŽt it be more logical starting earlier to create his huge kingdom?

p.s. and just for my personal interest - had Rome no influence anymore in Spain and Gaul around 457, cause there are only grey rebell areas?
    Was there no central administration anymore paying attention to or being appointed by the Roman State?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    But was there not more land eastwards in the RTW-mods? And even a faction like the Kidarites/Heptalites fighting against the northeastern borders of the Sassanids?
    And why would you start a campaign in 453 at the death of Attila? WouldnŽt it be more logical starting earlier to create his huge kingdom?

p.s. and just for my personal interest - had Rome no influence anymore in Spain and Gaul around 457, cause there are only grey rebell areas?
    Was there no central administration anymore paying attention to or being appointed by the Roman State?
    Not all RTW-mods include an eastward addition. This is the cut off point for our mod for we intend on completing it. When completed then yes, the possibility of extending the map eastward may be a possibility

453 start is not etched in stone yet.

Majorian had to reconquer quite a bit of territory to reclaim what was once Roman. The Burgundians, Visigoths, Suebi and Franks had again expanding. Provinces away from Italy, saw this and began to tend to them selves such as they did in Britain Amorica, parts of Gaul and Spain..central administration had no longer control there. Aegidious was in N Gaul, north of the Loire and it will be under WRE. It just needs an update. Aetius was now dead two years and no one strong enough was in the picture except for the possibility of Majorian, thus the Empire was dissipating fast. Majorian actually was able to restore much that was lost but his failed campaign to retake Africa from the Vandals caused him a sorry end and so pretty much went the Empire. So its 457 where the WRE survival lays in the balance
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 19, 2012 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post

Not all RTW-mods include an eastward addition. This is the cut off point for our mod for we intend on completing it. When completed then yes, the possibility of extending the map eastward may be a possibility

Majorian had to reconquer quite a bit of territory to reclame what was once Roman. The Burgundians, Visigoths, Suebi and Franks had over taking those areas. and central administration had no control there. Aetius was now dead two years and no one strong enough was in the picture except for the possibility of Majorian

Great to see all the maps together! But I thought there was only going to be four campaigns yet there is five maps? Anyway really looking forward to play all of them. Great work on conqvestvs britannaie.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_president View Post
    Great to see all the maps together! But I thought there was only going to be four campaigns yet there is five maps? Anyway really looking forward to play all of them. Great work on conqvestvs britannaie.
    2 campaigns are designed for the final IB2 FD Mod...

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I have some questions from looking at the maps, I have not played the game.

-Jutland seems to be missing The Angle (Anglen) as a province, considering that it was Angles, Saxons and Jutes invading Britain (hence Anglo-Saxons); would that not be a locical inclusion? As factions as well?

-the "Kingdom" or Confederation of modern Denmark should probably not include Norway, but should include Skåne as the actual tribe called Danes originated around Øresund and Denmark from the time we first learn of it until 1658 when the Swedes took it, included Skåne.

-The same Kingdom or confederation can be argued to have been at least a strong allliance/confederation between Danes and Jutes since the 3rd century. Some archeologists argues for a strong and centralised Kingdom since the 6th century.

Thanks for considering it.

Domesticus

Are the Flagellum Dei mods the same(Early and Late Campaign), or seperate? Just to ask

I hope they and the Odacer mod are released soon. I LOVE Convestes Britannia and Vandolorum, looking forward to getting even deeper into the dark ages poopy

Maybe I ought get the original IB.....but I just lurve my medieval 2 mess so much XD

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    I have some questions from looking at the maps, I have not played the game.

-Jutland seems to be missing The Angle (Anglen) as a province, considering that it was Angles, Saxons and Jutes invading Britain (hence Anglo-Saxons); would that not be a locical inclusion? As factions as well?

-the "Kingdom" or Confederation of modern Denmark should probably not include Norway, but should include Skåne as the actual tribe called Danes originated around Øresund and Denmark from the time we first learn of it until 1658 when the Swedes took it, included Skåne.

-The same Kingdom or confederation can be argued to have been at least a strong allliance/confederation between Danes and Jutes since the 3rd century. Some archeologists argues for a strong and centralised Kingdom since the 6th century.

Thanks for considering it.
    Hi Macilrille
    The maps is still very much in development especially the final 2 FD campaigns. Recent work has been done to the FD mod's major rivers and lakes making them navigable along with some other work on the map as well. The factions will be further defined on the map as we make our way to the final mod

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Are the Flagellum Dei mods the same(Early and Late Campaign), or seperate? Just to ask

I hope they and the Odacer mod are released soon. I LOVE Convestes Britannia and Vandolorum, looking forward to getting even deeper into the dark ages poopy

Maybe I ought get the original IB.....but I just lurve my medieval 2 mess so much XD
    Hi there Mr Kriegtooth
    Yes, thus far they are separate campaigns
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 13, 2012 at 09:46 PM.

Domesticus

Ah cool

And so I dont have to make a new topic, im curious, will all the mod teams converge for FD when the others are finished, or near finished, or is it all completely seperate?

If you have questions about the area of Denmark at the time, feel free to pop me a PM and I shall see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Ah cool

And so I dont have to make a new topic, im curious, will all the mod teams converge for FD when the others are finished, or near finished, or is it all completely seperate?
    Pretty much when the Odoacer mod is done but already both mods have had lots done to them

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    If you have questions about the area of Denmark at the time, feel free to pop me a PM and I shall see what I can do.
    Thanks and will do

The point is that up until us and Sweden wasted each other in the 16th to 18th century in a powerplay between us as pawns of the great powers of that time who wanted Øresund divided between us, Denmark was in fact a significant regional power. Especially in prehistoric -> Middle Ages where our fertile land and central position on a trade route- and the easy logistics of the country being mainly islands and nowhere more than 81 Km away from the sea, made us quite powerful when united.

Anyways, ask if you are curious. I have an Ma in Viking-> Medieval History and an extensive knowledge of the prehistoric area, and am intermittently (when RL allows) on the EB2 Team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast