Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Eldorien's [MOUNTED and DISMOUNTED] Byzantium Units Reforged v1.0 for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Released 11-02-2012]

Default Re: Eldorien's [MOUNTED and DISMOUNTED] Byzantium Units Reforged v1.0 for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Released 11-02-2012]

Quote Originally Posted by vtec.dominion View Post
    Hey Ragnar,

At this very moment, i play late era BGR IV-E Gracul AI + RBAI campaign with Eldorien sub-mod.
    I simply saved the campaign_script.txt before copying Eldorien's files. Then i simply switch the files and all works fine , with all BGR features. So, step by step:

1. Launch the setup
    2. Choose your settings with BGR enabled
    3. Exit setup once settings loaded

4. Copy originally generated campaign_script.txt file
    5. Install Eldorien's files ... by copying them (accept to overwrite original files)
    6. Go to the folder you copied original campaign_script.txt file
    7. Copy original campaign_script.txt (overwrite Eldorien's file)

It works fine with BGR IV-E as i said, didn't try with Vth version though.
    Hope it will work for you as well, 'cos this sub-mod is absolute gold

@ Eldorien:

I have tweaked replenish ratio and recruitment time to give a chance stupid AI hehe.

Ie:
    Scoutatoi units - recruitment time = 3 turns
    Castrophilakae - recruitment time = 3 turns

Now, let the world tremble and weep ... the Mighty Romans are coming to take all what belongs to them
    Thanks my friend, at the min I got this from a fresh installation. SS6.3/6.4/Bftb2/This mod and Tadah. 20:10:28.156 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:10:28.156 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    20:10:28.234 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:10:28.265 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:10:28.281 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:10:28.312 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:10:28.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:10:28.390 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:10:44.250 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 2588, column 27
    Invalid ownership type 'timurids' found in unit 'Aldari'.
    20:10:44.250 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Giving me a bad head

Default Re: Eldorien's [MOUNTED and DISMOUNTED] Byzantium Units Reforged v1.0 for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Released 11-02-2012]

Ragnar,

Could you please open export_descr_unit.txt in a notepad, go to line 2588
    and paste the whole line here ?

Simply: Right-click on export_descr_unit.txt and select "Edit" from the list.
    Then hit "Ctrl+G" , type 2588 and hit enter. Then copy the entire line entry and paste here.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

E88, you give Epic a new meaning.
    +Rep

great units bro!!excellent work..keep going!!

p.s.this is working only in late era???

Eldorien88's Avatar Miles

@ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑ!
    Yes its meant for late. But try this: download all ss.6.3 ss6.4 bftb2.0 and my B.U.R and during that dont run the set-up at all.
    Try then starting a campaign and check if it set by default in early era... I hope you get it

@FERDIAD
    Well my friend thank you for that comments, it makes me blush....

@V.D. check that also about early i think it may happen
    Last edited by Eldorien88; February 12, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
    "For Our Part.. We Dreamed of Something Great.."

Yes, Late Era only.

@Eldorien: I don't play early at all, too boring for me.
    Now trying to fix the compatibility with BGR as my game simply crashed after few turns.
    Guess i have to implement all your units manually ;/
    Last edited by vtec.dominion; February 12, 2012 at 05:37 AM.

Yes, Late Era only.

@Eldorien: I don't play early at all, too boring for me.
    Now trying to fix the compatibility with BGR as my game simply crashed after few turns.
    Guess i have to implement all your units manually ;/
    Sorry for that my friend, but it wasnt meant with BGR on...
    Hope you find a way doing so!

Got it working properly now Looks like the new bodyguard unit name and description given was a main problem. Tweaked few files, switch the name and description, removed few entries and it's done! Damn, this sub-mod is to good to give it up

So, if anyone want to play with BGR-IV E , let me know, i'll provide the files you need.

Got it working properly now Looks like the new bodyguard unit name and description given was a main problem. Tweaked few files, switch the name and description, removed few entries and it's done! Damn, this sub-mod is to good to give it up

So, if anyone want to play with BGR-IV E , let me know, i'll provide the files you need.
    Well some +rep to V.D. guys....

Very well doneIf I may ask of you for the files, as I might then understand how to get BGR-V working. Oh sorry I missed your last request of that line report I had already removed the complete file. But lucky for large hard drives i can enjoy the mod of SS6.4 with a wide range of add-ons Great respect

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

My friend eldorien88 i am happy when i see more and more people to model.
    But ...there is to much black color in your textures.
    I hope that you are not AEK fan..
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Ragnar,

Could you please open export_descr_unit.txt in a notepad, go to line 2588
    and paste the whole line here ?

Simply: Right-click on export_descr_unit.txt and select "Edit" from the list.
    Then hit "Ctrl+G" , type 2588 and hit enter. Then copy the entire line entry and paste here.
    Right my friend,I did it all again."6.3/6.4/Bftb2.0 with out the december patch/The Eldorien mod" set to savage ai/watchtowers and arrows. Nothing else. It Showed the Botb Screen then CTD. Log;

15:13:45.625 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:13:45.765 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    15:13:45.781 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:13:45.781 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:13:45.781 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:13:45.781 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:13:45.781 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:13:45.781 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:13:51.765 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 2588, column 27
    Invalid ownership type 'timurids' found in unit 'Aldari'.
    15:13:51.765 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

followed by.

type Aldari
    dictionary alan_aldary ; Aldari Alani, m
    category cavalry
    class light
    voice_type Light
    accent East_European
    banner faction main_cavalry
    banner holy crusade_cavalry
    soldier alan_aldary, 32, 0, 1
    mount early heavy horse
    mount_effect elephant -4, camel -4
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, can_formed_charge, mercenary_unit
    formation 2, 4.4, 3, 6, 4, square
    stat_health 1, 2
    stat_pri 7, 8, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 45, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 8, 5, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 30, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 5, 4, 3, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 3
    stat_ground -1, -2, -4, -1
    stat_mental 12, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 595, 595, 120, 95, 895, 4, 130
    armour_ug_levels 5
    armour_ug_models alan_aldary
    ownership mongols, timurids, cumans, slave (this been the line)
    era 0 mongols, timurids, cumans
    era 1 mongols, timurids, cumans
    recruit_priority_offset 15

Give me a break. Oh yes and +rep to you for the BGR-IV
    Last edited by Lord Ragnar; February 12, 2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling error

@Excuse me Lord Ragnar, but in order to understand correct, are you having those ctd's when trying to apply BGR?

@AntoniusII, but how did you understand that????????????
    But, despite that its also more unique and warish to my view...
    Last edited by Eldorien88; February 12, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Wow...... Can`t say anything else.... Wow... So cool..
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by eldorien88 View Post
    @Excuse me Lord Ragnar, but in order to understand correct, are you having those ctd's when trying to apply BGR?

@AntoniusII, but how did you understand that????????????
    But, despite that its also more unique and warish to my view...
    In fact the majority of the shield insignias had naturalistic or geometric paterns.

Don't afraid to add colors.
    I am ΠΑΟΚ fan...should i paint all in black and white?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    In fact the majority of the shield insignias had naturalistic or geometric paterns.

Don't afraid to add colors.
    I am ΠΑΟΚ fan...should i paint all in black and white?
    Well nothing to be afraid of.... As i told you its all about "different views".
    And to add more, i have used black for main colour and you have used in that wonderfull unit red, isnt it so?

Hey just giving u praise on your great mod, I think mentioned this in a post before where I said you should keep the contratoi and light byzantine units as they are the bread and butter for early game and armenians as they were a major part of byzantine military history and its great that you did that! Looking forward to playing your fantastic mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra82 View Post
    Hey just giving u praise on your great mod, I think mentioned this in a post before where I said you should keep the contratoi and light byzantine units as they are the bread and butter for early game and armenians as they were a major part of byzantine military history and its great that you did that! Looking forward to playing your fantastic mod!
    Exactly my friend, that is something you have mentioned along with another friend, and it was taken into account as you can see
    This sub-mod is for the people's pleasure and thats why feedback/ideas is always appreciated.... Glad that you like it!

i should have all the attached files or only the new files??

Quote Originally Posted by Double-head of North View Post
    i should have all the attached files or only the new files??
    Only the last attach, [EL88 - B.U.R v1.0].
    All other files are left in case of backing the old version