Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Eldorien's [MOUNTED and DISMOUNTED] Byzantium Units Reforged v1.0 for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Released 11-02-2012]

Eldorien88's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Dism_Archontopoulai v2.0, NEW UPDATE 06-11-11]

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Very good work, +rep.

Very much appreciated Ishan! Learning still.. Nevertheless, you have shown the way.. +rep to you!

@Cloud: Thanks again man, reps taken and replied! Btw, I am working on diferent variations for the next update.
    Some minor, some notable, either way you and rc have a part on this.. Hope you'll find some time to enjoy!
    "For Our Part.. We Dreamed of Something Great.."

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Dism_Archontopoulai v2.0, NEW UPDATE 06-11-11]

@Cloud: Thanks again man, reps taken and replied! Btw, I am working on diferent variations for the next update.
    Some minor, some notable, either way you and rc have a part on this.. Hope you'll find some time to enjoy!
    I will, for sure. Christmas break is coming up, so I'll have loads of time

Well ... what can i say ? Awesome stuff my friend, simply outstanding Love your work and dedication so im looking forward further updates. Now gotta start a proper Byzantinum campaign, hell yeah Thanks a lot. + REP!

Quote Originally Posted by vtec.dominion View Post
    Well ... what can i say ? Awesome stuff my friend, simply outstanding Love your work and dedication so im looking forward further updates. Now gotta start a proper Byzantinum campaign, hell yeah Thanks a lot. + REP!
    Thanks man for your kind words, its a motive for better updates!
    Remember to give me some feedback when you can, in order to adjust my project even better to peoples likes...

Hi,Whats the chances of this cool mod been compatible with meneths compilation. Since I'm sure he has the Tuetonic skins in from the BofTB. Would this be a Meneth answer or you,please

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ragnar View Post
    Hi,Whats the chances of this cool mod been compatible with meneths compilation. Since I'm sure he has the Tuetonic skins in from the BofTB. Would this be a Meneth answer or you,please
    These chances my friend are not so many, unfortunatelly due to lack of time [regarding to me].
    If Meneth or anyone else would like to do something like that, he has the free from me [as long as credit is given] to incorporate my project to his compilation.
    Nevertheless, i think it would be to soon for something like that to happen, because i haven't released my main update yet, which will be even more consistent and coherent!
    So, in time we will see...

Then my i ask would it be a case of maybe Meneth or alike using your fine "Byzantium Skins and units" to say place a small sub-mod add on. Or even graft to the current BotB sub-mod he has. I'm keen to understand is it a simple case of following the "adding unit to any mod tutoral" Or is not, please advise

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ragnar View Post
    I'm keen to understand is it a simple case of following the "adding unit to any mod tutoral" Or is not, please advise
    I am not familiar with that tutorial, but seeing by the title maybe it could be;-)

No, that particular tutorial that ragner mentions is not sufficient to learn all of this.

Nice work eldorien88 your units look very nice, i love the look of the infantry. I wonder if you could get the generals bodyguard from Broken Creasent and incoporate it into this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by hospitaller13 View Post
    Nice work eldorien88 your units look very nice, i love the look of the infantry. I wonder if you could get the generals bodyguard from Broken Creasent and incoporate it into this mod.
    Thank you!
    As for the BC Generals, i don't think it would be difficult to incorporate but
    firstly i can't find time at this period, not even for an update i am working
    and secondly i have not played the BC Mod so i don't know the unit you are speaking of..
    Can you upload a pic maybe?

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [new units in progress page 4]

And some preview of new units/versions to come...
    Of course not finalised, still things to do with skinning and normal mapping mostly,
    but something of the work in progress...
    Suggestions as always are welcome and needed :-)

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [new units in progress page 4]

Quote Originally Posted by eldorien88 View Post
    And some preview of new units/versions to come...
    Of course not finalised, still things to do with skinning and normal mapping mostly,
    but something of the work in progress...
    Suggestions as always are welcome and needed :-)
    Unreal units, made me jizz in appreciation .One thing i noticed the officer sticks out like a sore thumb on the first unit.Although in regards to capses wouldnt they be impractical in combat especially those long ones even if they look extremely cool.
    +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Unreal units, made me jizz in appreciation .One thing i noticed the officer sticks out like a sore thumb on the first unit.Although in regards to capses wouldnt they be impractical in combat especially those long ones even if they look extremely cool.
    +Rep
    Every unit's officer in Byzantium "sticks" like that, no matter the unit skins.But that is a worthy notice and taken into account.. Maybe i will do something about officers.
    The capes believe me are not impractical at all in battle, as they dont mess with the unit in an un-normal way, instead they flow well with the unit and the movement.
    Thank you for good words and notices! :-)

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

These units are shaping up nicely, well done! YOu can also think about some new officer/general models/skins that are similar, the SS6 ones are not written in stone, you know

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

The swordsmen are amazing!! Great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfslayer View Post
    These units are shaping up nicely, well done! YOu can also think about some new officer/general models/skins that are similar, the SS6 ones are not written in stone, you know
    Yeah Wolf! the thought of making some new officers is getting clearer now.
    Maybe some silver textures which are more neutral to fit better to all of the units of Byzantium.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    The swordsmen are amazing!! Great job!!
    Happy to know you like' em guys! Hope i manage to finalise soon, but no promises though, i am having a really luck of time this period..

Edit: Something i want to mention is that the archer unit model, as many of you may have already notice is the Menaulatoi model.
    The changes i made regarding this model is mostly through scripting/editing rather than texturing, except for the shields, bows and full-face helms.
    But as i have said both models are not finished yet, so until they reach finalisation some things will probably be changed or added!
    Last edited by Eldorien88; December 15, 2011 at 10:10 AM.

Both swordsmen and archers looks simply amazing! Can't wait for another update

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [24-12-11 New Units in progress page:4 posts:72 & 79 [almost finalised]

Another new unit/version to come... Varangian Guard with a more Elit arms & armor!

Edit: @vtec.dominion
    I was hoping the updates would be finalised before Christmas,
    unfortunatelly they are going to take a little more, sorry for keeping you
    waiting and a Big Thank you for the support [all of you]!!!
    Last edited by Eldorien88; December 24, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [24-12-11 New Units in progress page 4 [almost finalised]

No koke those are the most epic Varangian units i've ever seen, they even surass BCs Units and that my friend is high praise.The only thing i can think of that may be wrong is that theyre too ahistorical?They look kinda bling bling for a Byzantine unit, just sayin.