Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Eldorien's [MOUNTED and DISMOUNTED] Byzantium Units Reforged v1.0 for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Released 11-02-2012]

Eldorien88's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Dism_Archontopoulai v2.0, NEW UPDATE 06-11-11]

I must say for another time rcmuncro22 you gave me the best feedback i could ever get! I will update the thread with current details/notices
    and work in a main update for different versions/set-ups for this project. I hope you eat your "cake", and promise for more "sugar" to come...

Edit: Check out this picture of Dismounted Archontopoulai with a different version of shield
    Last edited by Eldorien88; November 08, 2011 at 12:42 PM.
    "For Our Part.. We Dreamed of Something Great.."

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Dism_Archontopoulai v2.0, NEW UPDATE 06-11-11]

Well I will keep a close eye on this thread, and help out when I can! Sounds good to me El!

Awesome love the new shield, really gives the feel of "Imperial Elite" troops! Only thing that turns me away from this skin is that the models don't have variations, was that intentional (maybe like dress code for their armor)?

Quote Originally Posted by rcmunro22 View Post
    Well I will keep a close eye on this thread, and help out when I can! Sounds good to me El!

Awesome love the new shield, really gives the feel of "Imperial Elite" troops! Only thing that turns me away from this skin is that the models don't have variations, was that intentional (maybe like dress code for their armor)?
    Even if their "Imperial Elite" troops, variation would exist. They changes probably aren't big, I hope, but maybe different helms/shields would be awesome to distinguish them?

Edit: I keep forgetting things -.- Nice job man! The units have great detail and its great to see new projects with so much care given!

Oh, just as an FYI/interesting note Eldorien I spent this afternoon re-working some of the script from your file to suit my game-play.

Here's an example of my Armoury

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...092119625325/? Armoury

I will list the rest of the progression down from Barracks to the Mustering Hall.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...092119627432/? Barracks
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...092119628433/? Drill Square
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...092119629492/? Garrison Quarters
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...092119630494/? Mustering Hall

It gave me more of a wholistic and progressive feel. Acritae being a low end (very common Byzantine Troop) average-border settlement style unit historically made sense to be in the bottom barracks instead of nothing. It also might remind you to a vanilla set up in the sense that once your low tier units get to a high recruitment pool, they begin to get experience recruitment bonuses in the highest tiers of the structure.

SIDE NOTE: IMHO kinda helps with not having the two low tier units you had to leave out ya know? Just an idea brother!

I did very similar setups for all recruitment buildings, stables, ranges, city barracks (don't worry el I did take care of the triggers and the Imperial Barracks). I did include all of your units and followed a very similar model to the one you see here. If anyone is interested in seeing the rest I will post it.

Thanks again for the units! Gonna love this campaign I can see it now!

I will post screenshots of your units in the carnage to come, let you see what havoc your creations have rought for the Imperium!
    Last edited by rcmunro22; November 08, 2011 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcmunro22 View Post

Yes rc, its intentionally created this way. I wanted them to have an "Imperial" touch and seem more unified. At my point of view they stand better this way, something like a dress code as you say. Though, your view about the model variations is considered. Despite the fact that i don't like to many variations in a model.

I am happy for you brother, you learn fast and doing very well. Honestly you have a future in modding, i can see that.
    Your thoughts about the buildings and the way the units progress regarding the experience are switting well for my taste, I always gave a constant upgrade to the units in my personal gaming world. So when the main install (something i am working for the near future) will be released, i think i will involve something like that and some more..
    I am eagerly waiting for your fighting pictures brother...!

@ Cloud, man thank you for your support and for your comments, they are trully appreciated and considered. I always need to know your point of view guys in order to make this project as better as it can be.!
    Last edited by Eldorien88; November 09, 2011 at 12:38 PM.

[QUOTE=eldorien88;10587052]Yes rc, its intentionally created this way. I wanted them to have an "Imperial" touch and seem more unified. At my point of view they stand better this way, something like a dress code as you say. Though, your view about the model variations is considered. Despite the fact that i don't like to many variations in a model.

I love the black and gold scheme and the shield is killer! However I do have to say I'm with Cloud on this, I really enjoy variations . I think a big part of it is because in my mind that's one of the huge dividers from Rome TW to Med2 TW, really adds a sense of realism. Keep it up though love the skin so far.

I am happy for you brother, you learn fast and doing very well. Honestly you have a future in modding, i can see that.

Thank you! Yeah I had fun modding those scripts, I was a lil nervous just because I never did anything that detailed b4 with the scripting but I got the hang of it quick and it was fun.

Your thoughts about the buildings and the way the units progress regarding the experience are switting well for my taste, I always gave a constant upgrade to the units in my personal gaming world. So when the main install (something i am working for the near future) will be released, i think i will involve something like that and some more..
    I am eagerly waiting for your fighting pictures brother...!

Excellent like I said b4 really gonna keep an eye on your work, looking forward to future releases! And don't you worry I'm taking back Asia Minor now, screen shots will soon follow.

On a side Note: First time playing SS ever to begin with and man it is a delight. Notice more details each time I play that are not in Vanilla.

hey i made everything right but i have no dismounted units only changes in units cards...any Help????

Quote Originally Posted by Double-head of North View Post
    hey i made everything right but i have no dismounted units only changes in units cards...any Help????
    Have you changed after installing this project anything to the set-up?

in which set up..???this one that you choose the campaing and the translation ...???no i didnt change anthything...is there somethging i have to do????

in which set up..???this one that you choose the campaing and the translation ...???no i didnt change anthything...is there somethging i have to do????
    No there is nothing you must do in the set up.
    If you have a clean install of SS6.3, SS6.4, BftB2.0 and my project, everything should work fine. When you say that you have only unit cards but not Dismounted units you mean in the campaign map? In the campaign map you should have by starting only some of the new Dismounted units in cities/castles but not recruitable (except Byzantine Imperial Archers). All other units will become available only when you reach certain circumstances, such as advancing to the appropriate buildings, or when reaching the right era.
    Have you checked in custom battles if the units are playable?

what is BftB 2.0...???i try a custom battle and i have only diffrent units and unit cards in scoutatoi,scoutatoi swordsmen and spartharii tou vasileos..i have play campaing map in both eras with all the buildings in castles and cities...

what is BftB 2.0...???i try a custom battle and i have only diffrent units and unit cards in scoutatoi,scoutatoi swordsmen and spartharii tou vasileos..i have play campaing map in both eras with all the buildings in castles and cities...
    So you have installed it on SS6.4 without having BftB2.0? ok, follow this link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323155
    which will direct you to the Battle for the Baltic 2.0 (the mod you are missing). The correct order of installation is:
    1st. SS6.3
    2nd. SS6.4
    3rd. BftB2.0
    4th. OM/ND (Once Mounted, Now Dismounted) my project for Byzantium New Dismounted units.

Edit: Delete SS6.4 and install from start in order to have a clean installation.
    Last edited by Eldorien88; November 13, 2011 at 04:36 AM.

ok i will try...oh i forget to say congratulations for your work..

ok i will try...oh i forget to say congratulations for your work..
    Thank you
    If something goes wrong. Don't hesitate to ask again..

i did everything and when i launch the game it crashes..where i havew to install bftb and its hotfix????

Install everything exactly as shown:

1. SS6.4 to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3
    2. BftB2.0 to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3
    3. BftB2.0 Hotfix to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3
    4. Data.rar (OM/ND) to :C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3

I you follow these instructions and install with current order everything should work fine for you!
    Sometimes you have to point the installer manually to the appropriate folder, because it goes
    by default, to wrong folders when it shouldn't. Check that while installing.
    Last edited by Eldorien88; November 13, 2011 at 08:40 AM.

May I ask,will you be updating to have your mod work from the start of SS6.4 ie Early Era

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ragnar View Post
    May I ask,will you be updating to have your mod work from the start of SS6.4 ie Early Era
    It have crossed my mind, but i can't say for now. As a matter of fact i am fond of Late Era, though SS6.4 alone is something that i would like to be updated with. Currently i am working (whenever i find the time) updating this project with new units and re-making some minor things of the units already there..

Very good work, +rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Very good work, +rep.
    I have to second this, even though I haven't actually played them (RL) the models look spectacular and I just wanted another reason to rep you for your work