Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldorien's [MOUNTED and DISMOUNTED] Byzantium Units Reforged v1.0 for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Released 11-02-2012]

Eldorien88's Avatar Miles

Default Eldorien's [MOUNTED and DISMOUNTED] Byzantium Units Reforged v1.0 for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Released 11-02-2012]

Hello to all Stainless Steel Fans!
    This is my main update to this project and for those who are familiar with my previous one , its an attempt to provide new units for Byzantium.
    This main update involves new units for both mounted and dismounted in a very different look than before.
    So Check out the pictures below and enjoy!

Every now and then this thread will be updated [at least this is my expectation]
    with different versions of units and minor small projects for the Byzantine Empire,
    so keep close and remember that thoughts/ideas are always welcome!!! feel free to suggest anything and express your opinion..

You will notice in some pics below some white lines and marks.. Units are better in game than the pics posted here
    New Cavalry Units

Athanatoi Bodyguards

Scholarii

Archontopoulai

New Infantry Units

Varangian Guard

Scholarii Tagmata

Archontoulai Dismounted

Athanatoi Tagmata

Klivanophoroi Toxotai

Change log 11-02-2012

-New mounted Bodyguard units
    -New mounted Scholarrii and Archontopoulai
    -New dismounted units as seen in the pics above and more
    -New transparent ui's and unit cards
    -New units descriptions
    -Included armour upgrades fix for Both Mounted and Dismounted Hospitaller
    -Armenian units and light Byzantium infantry units are back in the game
    -Units excluded:
    1.Free Company Longbowmen
    2.Free Company Men at Arms
    3.Pilgrims
    4.Mercenary Ribault
    5.Mercenary Monster Ribault
    6.Viking Mercenaries

Credits

-To all team of Stainless Steel 6.4 and to the CBUR team [especially AntoniusII and Cesar Clivius]for letting me use their work.
    -And to all people who helped me in the Mod Workshop [especially Ishan] with their Tutorials and Egnlightening responses:

Notices And Installation

-Don't forget to Back-up your files.
    -You need to have installed BftB2.0. This project is not compatible with SS6.4 alone.
    -Currently working in Late Era Campaign, Savage AI and Permanent Watchtowers/Arrows.

Correct Order of Installation:
    1. SS6.3 [After install don't chosse campaign]
    2. SS6.4 [After install don't chosse campaign]
    3. BftB 2.0 + Hotfix
    4. Run the set-up [Choose Late Era campaign and close set-up]
    5. Then Extract my EL88 - B.U.R v1.0 to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 and ovewrite all
    6. Delete export_units.txt.strings.bin in: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\text
    - Enjoy!!!!!!!!

New Optional Installation with BGR on [a contribution from Vtec. Dominion]
    -After extracting the attach: EL88 - B.U.R v1.0
    -Extract the attach: EL88 & V.D_BGR FILES to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 and ovewrite all
    -Enjoy!!!

The following files are the old ones.
    You don't need to download them in order to have the new version.
    I have left them in case you need back ups of the old version.

Old files Installation
    1. Install BftB 2.0: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323155
    2. Then Extract my data.rar to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 and ovewrite all
    3. Delete export_units.txt.strings.bin in: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\text
    - Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Old files Optional Installations
    -Extract EL88 Dism_Scholarii [v2.0_purple] [Optional Update 28-10-2011].rar to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 and ovewrite all
    -Extract EL88 ui-unit-cards [Update 30-10-2011].rar to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data and ovewrite all
    -Extract EL88 Dism_Archontopoulai [v2.0_eagle] [Optional Update 06-11-2011].rar to: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 and ovewrite all
    -Enjoy!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Eldorien88; February 12, 2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: directions
    "For Our Part.. We Dreamed of Something Great.."

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0

good start bro.

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0

Thank you!

I'm shocked no one has tried to dismount Scholarioi before this.
    GREAT job, +rep on the way if possible, keep it up.

Thank you very much! Encouraged!

I would suggest dismounting Latinikon next, I'm surprised you didn't dismount them, to be honest.

I think i' ll try that, why not. The thing is which unit to exclude???
    ''Contaratoi'' maybe...
    Last edited by Eldorien88; October 26, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Ah, I forgot about the unit limit in regular SS, I'm running SS with some free slots.
    Don't worry about it, this is more than enough for me to have fun with.

Thats the purpose of this mini-project
    Currently working with your idea plus a different version of dismounted Scholarii (optional).

Nice work man +rep (y)
    Edit: One thing though, the Dismounted Scholarii have swords in their sheaths :S I'm not sure if you did that on purpose, but did soldiers w/ a two-handed weapon carry another sword as well?
    Last edited by Cloud.; October 26, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud. View Post
    Nice work man +rep (y)
    Edit: One thing though, the Dismounted Scholarii have swords in their sheaths :S I'm not sure if you did that on purpose, but did soldiers w/ a two-handed weapon carry another sword as well?
    Thank you man
    And yes it is there on purpose, it suits well from my own view, something like a back-up sword..

True, alright then excellent sub-mod again xD

Great work!! +rep.
    An idea, give Scholarii a mace and a shield instead of the two handed-sword.

Thanks!!!
    Keep suggesting people and more things will come up...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    I would suggest dismounting Latinikon next, I'm surprised you didn't dismount them, to be honest.
    Updated: Dismounted Latinikon!!!
    +rep for your idea

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Updated 27-10-2011]

cool idea and nice work m8!

+ rep
    The night was so black, as we planned to attack!

2D Artwork - Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Great work!! +rep.
    An idea, give Scholarii a mace and a shield instead of the two handed-sword.
    Thanks m8

May be it will happen as an optional Dism_Scholarii version

@Legio XV Apollinaris
    Thanks
    Last edited by Eldorien88; October 27, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

Serbian Hussar's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Updated 27-10-2011]

Great units I just wish you'd excluded some diferent units, like Peasant Archers or Pilgrims or something. I like Armenians

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian Hussar View Post
    Great units I just wish you'd excluded some diferent units, like Peasant Archers or Pilgrims or something. I like Armenians
    Believe me i like them also, but the reason i have excluded them is because i thought it would affect the gameplay less than excluding Peasant Archers which are used from every faction in the game..
    Anyway right or wrong that was my thinking..
    Ideas always welcome, who knows maybe in an update i will exclude Pilgrims..

Default Re: Eldorien's [ONCE MOUNTED, NOW DISMOUNTED] Byzantium New Dismounted Units for SS6.4+BftB2.0 [Dism_Archontopoulai v2.0, NEW UPDATE 06-11-11]

Hey all, great looking units eldorien.

Um, having a bit of an issue getting it to work however.

Side Note: I am using a Steam Version BUT I have verified that SS6.4 works fully for me when launch through Steam.

I did as your directions instruct, extracted the data.rar to my 6.3 folder. I deleted export_units.txt.strings.bin. Then I extraced ui-unit-cards SS6.3/data.

Here it gets a little interesting, once finished I launched the mod the way I normally do. It starts up and I see the first load screen with the Templar and v6.4 on it. Then it drops to Desk Top, doesn't crash just drops it, no errors. However, I can remedy this simply by going back into the files and running the setup again. And the game works like normal.

The real interesting thing there are no new units, however the ui unit cards have changed for the line spearmen and the line swordsmen and the elite swordsmen that are already in the normal SS6.4. BUT still not new units on either the Campaign Map Building Browser or Campaign Map or Custom Battle List.

Any ideas? I WOULD LOVE to get your units working, not sure whats going on though.

Another Side Note: I do have the Setup ran for Late Era Campaign as per instructions.
    Last edited by rcmunro22; November 07, 2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Left out information

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast