Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bodyguard Switcher (change bodyguards in-game) v2.2 [3.2 compatible]

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher (change bodyguards in-game)

I personally think this should be part of vanilla, which ofcourse might not be possible, can it ?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

It's possible, but as usual up to KK, whom have a strict policy.
    More so I presume since most things people want when we like a submod is that these things are available to vanilla trough the submods, and thus don't need to be in vanilla - turns into a little Catch 22 haha ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Also if you add this or that submod to vanilla then people will start moaning that this other one should be in aswell a slippery slope. Also the less submods included the more stable the TATW base install is which makes it easier to add these submods to create a version of TATW that has everything you want in it (which may not be suit other people ).
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Leggy View Post
    I personally think this should be part of vanilla, which ofcourse might not be possible, can it ?
    Well that's about as high as praise can go. Thanks Leggy.

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    the less submods included the more stable the TATW base install...
    ...and the less drag on turn end times. Not that this one adds any but as a general rule the fewer the better. What it does add is a monster pile of campaign_script which makes working on that file more tedious. Best left to just those who want it. It is simple to merge in.

What make's it save-game incompatibile exactly?
    Is there a way to make it work with an older save somehow? My passion for TW woul burn away if I were to start 3rd time over :/

Changes to campaign_script are never save game compatible.

Dantez's Avatar Laetus

I have taken the liberty to look at the script and correct me if I'm wrong
    but it seems to me that it'll only work with the starting generals and not with their relatives for example.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Yes, that's true

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar in the OP
    It can only be done on some characters (due to scripting limitations). This version supports all starting generals (including those not yet Come Of Age) and ones spawned by script. See "Characters & Units" below for the list. The scrolls in-game also tell you which characters are eligible.

The Kill Character feature doesn't work for me, I did exactly as in the video but after I click the character it says there was no valid selection.

The target is a Diplomat called Aragorn. When I try to change King Aragorn's bodyguard the King disappears and the Diplomat is moved instead. I play as Arnor. The Diplomat in question doesn't have the Changeable Bodyguard trait, because I recruited him later in the game. I tried adding the traits to the Diplomat through script figuring that might be the problem, but that doesn't seem to help.

EDIT: Looks like the Bodyguard of Aragorn actually changed, but Aragorn himself is teleported to the Northern Waste (far upper right corner of the map) and not teleported back, but Diplomat Aragorn instead.
    Last edited by Maegfaer; June 09, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Oh dear. I have a feeling I know what's going on there and it isn't good.

That's right: the diplomat isn't recognised as a kill target because he doesn't have the trait. And he won't get the trait until after the Switch has occurred. Catch 22.

You will either need to kill him by other means or manually give him some traits that the script will read as "this is Aragorn"...

Click on the diplomat to select him and then type these into the command console (the ~ key usually) :
    give_trait this bgs_cvfh_tens 1
    give_trait this bgs_cvfh_ones 1

He should now have the "Changeable" trait and Kill Character should work on him.

Thanks for the quick reply. It doesn't help though, it still considers the Diplomat an invalid character. The Diplomat does get the trait.

Sorry. That won't help until after the failed Switch attempt.
    1. Save the game (sounds like you have done this already )
    2. Do the switch - Aragorn will now be in the NE corner
    3. Give the diplomat those traits
    4. Now Kill should work on him: kill him
    5. Move Aragorn back to where he should be:
      1. Open the command console, position the mouse where you want him to be, type in:
        show_cursorstat
      2. Then type in:
        move_character Aragorn x, y
        where x and y are the values that show_cursorstat gave you
    That should do it.

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher (change bodyguards in-game) - [3.2 compatible]

New version released: TATW 3.2 compatible.

There are a couple of changes to characters and units; I will update the OP list when I can.

The "Characters & Units" list in the OP has been updated according to v1.3.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Withwnar I can't do the Bodyguard switch in Minas Tirith because it is a Huge City, but Denethor, Boromir and Faramir can only have the Fountain Guards in Minas Tirith. I remember that in the previous version was possible to do this. Is there anyway to fix this?1

Thank you!

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher (change bodyguards in-game) - [3.2 compatible + v1.3.1 bug fix]

v1.3.1 released, fixing that city bug.

Sorry about that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Kindjal.

EDIT: I have also updated the OP with info regarding the "same name" limitation.
    Last edited by Withwnar; June 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher (change bodyguards in-game) - [3.2 compatible + v1.3.1 bug fix]

No problem,my friend! Always glad to help!

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Withwnar, I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but could the only version that works it the one for vanilla 3.2. The merging one doesn't work,at least in Baron Samedi's and MOS. I follow all the steps in merging all the script lines in all the .txt files, place the ui's in the correct folder (just like in the old version) and it doesn't work...
    But the old ones used to... Or maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Sorry for being annoying...
    Last edited by Kindjal83; June 14, 2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Further Developments

zacen299's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    Withwnar, I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but could the only version that works it the one for vanilla 3.2. The merging one doesn't work,at least in Baron Samedi's and MOS. I follow all the steps in merging all the script lines in all the .txt files, place the ui's in the correct folder (just like in the old version) and it doesn't work...
    But the old ones used to... Or maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Sorry for being annoying...
    Well it would never work with Baron's, it doesn't have a 3.2 I'm not sure about MOS though.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by zacen299 View Post
    Well it would never work with Baron's, it doesn't have a 3.2 I'm not sure about MOS though.
    I know... The 1.2 version ( I forgot to add a request for Withwnar to re-upload that one!! Sorry!) before the 1.3.1 of the Bodyguard Switcher worked just fine in Baron's and in MOS before the new MOS 1.2 version.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, can someone else please try the manual merge version of 1.3.1. and see if appears an "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" too?

Sorry for being so annoying but I really like this sub-mod and would like to play it with other sub-mods...

But for the meanwhile i'll play it in vanilla 3.2, it works like a charm there!

(And Withwnar, could you please also re-upload the 1.2 version for dowloand? Thank you very much!)
    Last edited by Kindjal83; June 14, 2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to politely ask/request something...