Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bodyguard Switcher (change bodyguards in-game) v2.2 [3.2 compatible]

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher (change bodyguards in-game) [BETA released] Progress Update 18-Nov - last call for v1.0 suggestions

Sweet! That looks like a very handy tool, which I definitely can use for myself!
    Anyways sorry I wasn't able to provide more valuable feedback (I'm just too busy with my own work ), but the characterlist seem pretty much complete and the requirements for changing the bodyguards seem to be good too. Can't wait for V1.0 to come out!
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher (change bodyguards in-game) [BETA released] Progress Update 18-Nov - last call for v1.0 suggestions

Thanks Baron. No dramas: you are obviously extremely busy with your compilation goodies.

You're welcome to the tool of course, once it's ready for general consumption.

Now we're talkin'...

By giving all 9 Nazgul a new custom trait (generated along with the script), and using that trait as the condition, all 9 can have the Black Numenorean options - mounted and dismounted.

(Up till now it wasn't going to be possible to give the Witch King these options, as he doesn't have the "Nazgul" trait.)

This is good news. In general it means that rules can now be given to groups of characters. e.g. Denethor, Boromir and Faramir can all have exclusive use of the Citadel Guard.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Sounds good!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Nice
    (But have to add the Witch Kings big helmet suddenly look almost comical when standing on the ground to me ^^)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Say that to his face and see how you fare.

I think it would be fare well to pinky ears...

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    e.g. Denethor, Boromir and Faramir can all have exclusive use of the Citadel Guard.
    I meant Fountain Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    I think it would be fare well to pinky ears...
    Yes. I would very much like to see that confrontation.

OP list updated with new Fountain Guard rule.

Default Re: Bodyguard Switcher (change bodyguards in-game) [RELEASED]

v1.0 is released.

For those who played the BETA you may notice that the portrait scroll ("change the bodyguard for this character?") has gone. It was a nice feature but added way too many extra images and counters.

Thanks Ngugi for hunting down the knife picture for me. It is used in the Kill Character feature and was precisely what I was looking for.

Great, I'll test it immediately!

Hopefully it works.

Very nice feature killing your own, mwohaha!
    Usefull at least ^^
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM.

I only have to make some changes for my personal Third Age version

EDIT: That takes too much time, I'll just install a clean Third Age 2.1

I installed it and it works perfectly, but you have left the spy and Aragorn spawn from the video in, so now you get a spy and a guy named aragorn in the first turn, when playing as Gondor. I can easily fix this myself, but most people probably can't.

You can use Kill Character to kill them both. Consider it a training exercise.

I'll make a 1.1. Thanks killersmurf.

EDIT: done. v1.1 = v1.0 minus the Aragorn twins.
    Last edited by Withwnar; November 20, 2011 at 09:41 PM.

Hy!
    Thanks for this submod, its one of the most useful ones. But could you make it compatible with 3.x, please? And how can i implement it to vanilla med2? (I'm not so good in modding...)

Merging this with vanilla m2tw if you're not so good at modding; impossible, you need to change names, units, text, pictures, coordinates,

Thanks kiskompi. A 3.1 version is low on the priority list at the moment; it isn't a long list but bigger thing(s) are ahead of it.

Even if you were brilliant at modding making this compatible with anything else would be a massive task. But... all of the script is generated by a tool and that tool will work with any Kingdoms mod (or Kingdoms itself so long as you have the files unpacked). Releasing the tool is even more work for me to do but it will be done one day.

However, given that generals have such short lives in Kingdoms (and other mods?) compared to TATW, I'm not sure how much use you would get out of it. After maybe 40 game years there will be no more generals alive on which to use it, as it essentially only works on starting generals.

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Holy crap! The script is 3.3 mb!
    Do you know if it has a big impact on the end turns W? You don't use a lot of monitors so it should be good right?

Anyways the feature is really awesome and it deserves to be played by more folks.
    Maybe I can possibly help out in making it compatible with 3.1.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

He answered it a few pages back. It has no effect on turn times because it's only triggered when pressing the "?" button in a unit info screen